Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

That's a possibility. He's just gotten especially obnoxious about it in the past few months, especially when he tries to tie it into current events.

Yeah iirc he used a "parody" of the OJ Simpson trial for a cover, with Sonic being on trial for something.

If I can recall correctly, The Lara-Su Chronicles has been, at least, about the 2016 election, abortion rights, neurodivergency, the 2020 police protests, the 2020 election, trans rights(?), and probably covid-19 and the Russo-Ukrainian war.

Some of these might be wrong but I'm not going dumpster diving into his twitter feed to find out. The point is, he can't stop making it all about him and his stupid fucking comic book that is never coming out. If you want to write stories with political allegories that's fine, but he announces it at the same time that he brings up the issues at all, and can only use the issues as a springboard for talking about his shitty book. He thinks LGBT people and people of color are fandoms he can advertise to.

• Thumbs Up 7

And who knows, he may decide to incorporate elements from those unreleased movies of his into TLSC to make it that much more political/weirder than it already is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's like he keeps saying that the Lara Su Chronicles is about these political issues, but we still haven't really seen anything from his comic book series.  It just seems like he's adding on the political allegories as it goes on, rather than giving us evidence that these are issues he is putting into his comic book series.

• Thumbs Up 2

Generalising Sonic fans as autistic and then claiming they're toxic and bad at expressing themselves because of said autism is a completely godawful take I was unprepared to read today.

But if I'm reading it, so are you.

• Thumbs Up 4

14 minutes ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

Generalising Sonic fans as autistic and then claiming they're toxic and bad at expressing themselves because of said autism is a completely godawful take I was unprepared to read today.

I don't know why he keeps implying that autism is a bad thing within the Sonic community.  This is just generalizing the autistic community in the worst way possible and yet, he keeps bringing it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

Unfortunately, I was prepared, because this is far from the first time he's pulled this crap.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not taking sides, but isn't one of the characters in his "upcoming" series supposedly designed as autistic?

3 minutes ago, Promethean0416 said:

Not taking sides, but isn't one of the characters in his "upcoming" series supposedly designed as autistic?

Oh yeah, he has been mentioning that.  Is that probably the reason why he keeps bringing up autism in his posts?

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Promethean0416 said:

If it were made for meaningful purposes, that would be one thing, but all his smoke he's blown out, just seems to suggest he's doing it for brownie points to come off as "progressive" or some high brow form of "inclusive".

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

If it were made for meaningful purposes, that would be one thing, but all his smoke he's blown out, just seems to suggest he's doing it for brownie points to come off as "progressive" or some high brow form of "inclusive".

That what it feels like too.  Like, is he writing this autistic character because he has an interesting story to tell with this character or is he just saying that he's using an austic character just to show that he's "progressive?"

• Fist Bump 4

As an autistic person, I'm going to take this as Pender's as projecting. 

Sure it's not you buddy that is that?

• Thumbs Up 4

Something I noticed, but did you noticed that Ken Penders made this tweet on the day that the Sonic Frontiers trailer got released?  It's like he's deliberately taking attention away from Sonic Frontiers just to give himself more attention.

• Thumbs Up 7

If I had a nickel for every time I saw some weirdo within this community act ableist toward Sonic fans to rationalize why they’re relentlessly getting dunked on, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t much- but it’s weird that it happened twice. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 8

1 hour ago, AlienBunny said:

As an autistic person, I'm going to take this as Pender's as projecting. 

Sure it's not you buddy that is that?

Fellow autist here concurring. I'm not qualified to diagnose the guy... but his interest in Knuckles sure as hell shows all the signs.

I've longed since learned it's more towards humans not knowing what to do when there's disagreements on the internet than anything else. There's supposed correlation but it definitely leans towards false. 

Also gosh this project is still a thing?

• Thumbs Up 1

I should be a lot more offended than I currently feel by this tweet as an autistic myself, but remembering he's writing Salma to be autistic... I'm sure that'll be a lot more offensive.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

6 hours ago, Solly said:

If I had a nickel for every time I saw some weirdo within this community act ableist toward Sonic fans to rationalize why they’re relentlessly getting dunked on, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t much- but it’s weird that it happened twice. 

I will forever love this reference.

On the tweet…i have no words. Like.. why? I can get calling out toxicity, but…seriously? That’s the angle you’re taking?

• Thumbs Up 6

He is starting to sound like a Sonichater from like 10-15 years ago. You know shit like "All of them are autistic and cringe, because Sonic causes autism and stuff..."

Boy, this hole he’s digging is going all the way to China, isn’t it?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 5

21 hours ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Boy, this hole he’s digging is going all the way to China, isn’t it?

It’s already been there. I’m not sure how much further it can go at this point. 

1 hour ago, antyep said:

It’s already been there. I’m not sure how much further it can go at this point. 

"TO THE MOON," apparently.

Why does this still come off as potentially problematic...and more than just a little bit pretentious?

9 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Why does this still come off as potentially problematic...and more than just a little bit pretentious?

It's not really problematic, this has been known for ages lol, Issue 174 (Bunnie and Antoine's wedding) make it clear both Julie-Su and Knuckles see marriage as a pointless ceremony, that they trust each other to be faithful and remain together. There's nothing really problematic about two characters wanting to remain together out of marriage, it's just more so kinda silly because Ken drops this like some big revelation, while it's been known for literally well over a decade.

• Thumbs Up 6