Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

Given that if the story about the first team wanting to make a comic is true, Penders effectively ripped the rights off them and tried to keep their money (again, big if, but still), it's hard to see them being willing to try a second time if the first experience with Penders was as unprofessional as that.

• Thumbs Up 5

lol

Im honestly pretty fine with this. I wouldn't have wanted to see such a fan-favourite character get handled to a bunch of very questionable people who most likely don't understand what made him great in the first place (they gave him a cigar of all things for that promotional image).

Let poor Scourge rest already

• Thumbs Up 3

... you know, size of the world can be exhausting sometimes.

I never meet these people. I will never talk to them. I only know they exist from internet, from other people I will also never meet.

And yet I'm suppose to have opinions on them. Based mostly on listening other people's opinions.

I mean, recently I learned Mother Teresa was a bad person. Friccking Teresa! She supposed to be a saint, she was in Pixar's Soul! But now people that I will never meet are telling me that other people I will never meet lied. People who I do meet heard it from other people, because every information is passed through game of Chinese Whispers.

It just makes you think how terrifyingly large this world is, 7 billion people alive, even more already dead, each adding some information and opinions to spread around the world.

(ok, I'm aware that in this specific case googling their racist opinions probably won't be this hard. I'm still feeling philosophical today).

26 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

No. Let my boy rest in peace.

Give Scourge a funeral. Not the one he deserves, but the one he needs.

To stop Ken Penders from trying to exploit these characters for a quick buck.

17 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Given that if the story about the first team wanting to make a comic is true, Penders effectively ripped the rights off them and tried to keep their money (again, big if, but still), it's hard to see them being willing to try a second time if the first experience with Penders was as unprofessional as that.

So perhaps this is all just divine karma.

21 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I don't see a lot of people working with Penders after this mess.

3 minutes ago, Mega said:

The real power move.

Make a Scourge comic without Penders' consent.

Make it available FOR FREE.

So....a fan comic?

• Chuckle 5

It’s probably just a matter of time until the Archie Sonic Online team get to Scourge’s stuff anyways, so…

• Thumbs Up 4

18 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It’s probably just a matter of time until the Archie Sonic Online team get to Scourge’s stuff anyways, so…

Technically they've already done two short ones. Which is more than Penders or Rush

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Not to get into spoilers or derail the thread to much but... his next appearance is currently being worked on. ;)

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah, fan comic, but like. Isn't that what that project was, anyway? A fancomic they had to pay royalties for.

Tbh, they don't even have to release it for free. People release doujinshi all the time. I'd just love to see more people just do whatever, haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Mega said:

Yeah, fan comic, but like. Isn't that what that project was, anyway? A fancomic they had to pay royalties for.

It apparently had the an actual comic company behind it (the same one that released the Rush! comic) so not quite. It did have a Patreon attached to it though.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Mega said:

Tbh, they don't even have to release it for free. People release doujinshi all the time. I'd just love to see more people just do whatever, haha.

No, it wasn't a fancomic. If you're paying for the rights, it's an actual comic.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, Penders just made this tweet in regards to Sonic:

...you know, the more and more Penders' elaborates on his thought process and justifications, the more concerned I become. Especially given what those 'parental figures' he insists upon tend to be like... 

• Thumbs Up 6

I just don't understand how he compares Sonic to "Lord of the Flies." They are completely different things.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

What the fuck are you talking about old man?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 4
  • Absolutely 1

9 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Oh yeah, because Sally's father was just the pinnacle of what she needed...given how he tried to marry her off under Ken's pen.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sounds like he had a difficult time suspending his disbelief that teen heroes could function without adults. Explains a lot about the decisions he made while he was writing, introducing all those authority figures that bogged things down.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Oh yeah, because Sally's father was just the pinnacle of what she needed...given how he tried to marry her off under Ken's pen.

Ah yes...I remembered that source storyline and how it ultimately didn't go anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Or how about Knuckles’ abusive father? Ken can’t write parents for shit

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

I guess Sonic's parents were miraculously fine....some how.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Oh yes.  The things that Locke put Knuckles through and you can't tell me that was out of love...

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

Sounds like he had a difficult time suspending his belief that teen heroes could without adults. Explains a lot about the decisions he made while he was writing, introducing all those authority figures that bogged things down.

And yet he had no trouble believing that a teenager discovering his father had lied to him their entire life about being dead and about their species being extinct, oh and that said father had also conducted pre-natal experiments on him, would lead to absolutely no conflict or resentment whatsoever and that said teenager would be happy to have his father in his life again. 

Go figure. 

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I guess Sonic's parents were miraculously fine....some how.

That's because Penders basically ignored them after they were introduced. He was too busy focusing on the Knuckles stories to give them the Penders Parent Treatment, and so, others developed them. And while they might not have particularly stood out, it spared Jules from becoming Hedgehog-Locke at the very least. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I can already imagine Penders would have had Uncle Chuck experimenting on Sonic with Jules blessing which caused him to get his sonic speed.

• Absolutely 5