Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

It was confirmed that she will be in RoL. Though it might not be Sticks' house in that storyboard, it could be that beaver character we saw on the cliff with Sonic, Sticks, and Eggman in the trailer.

I guess SEGA only bothers checking English and Japanese websites?

That would be my guess... throw in the fact SEGA Europe's gutted, and it makes sense that stuff posted in European languages might slip under the radar.

I see it like this: if the fanbase didn't notice it, SEGA probably didn't either.

Look at when they were posted: June 30th, 2013. Which was before the TV series was even announced.

That's right, a big Sonic thing got leaked, it didn't get taken down since and nobody noticed for more than a year. :V

Better or worse than when Sega Leaked tons of Lost World Assets on their official Facebook page..... Annnnnnnd nobody noticed... and the people who did didn't bother to copy said images/take screenshots?

• Thumbs Up 3

That's precisely why it's good to always be sure to save such things on your own end. Always assume the masses won't do it, and you're probably right. :P

So any idea when they're going to release any information regarding the TV show? RoL is getting so much negative attention right now I think we need something from the TV show to lighten up the mood.

So any idea when they're going to release any information regarding the TV show? RoL is getting so much negative attention right now I think we need something from the TV show to lighten up the mood.

Sonic Boom 2014? That's the only thing I can think of that's on the calendar, unless SEGA just put it out one day.

Comic Con?

Wait, is the company that's making Sonic Boom going to be act Comic Con?

SDCC is this month, so I'm almost certain we'll see more there. It would be kind of crazy to not show off more really.

By request of DarkLight, have some storyboards:

JSMAfkY.jpg

mNWRDPZ.jpg

lq5woOV.jpg

Source currently unknown, snagged from the Sonic Wiki.

The file name refers to it as "Episode 11"

Woah, that very bottom left picture... It's so unsettling seeing Sonic with two seperate eyes. I know it's because it's a storyboard and obviously unfinished but that just looks so odd to me.

jbdtV900AR6XGV.PNG

Faceplant confirmed for Boom.

Perfection.

• Thumbs Up 1

It will be interesting to see what TV channels pick up the show in each country, I would suspect Cartoon Network would have first preference in countries it has presence as it is being shown on the US CN Channel. Maybe at the Comic Con, they may announce the first episode air date in the US, we shall wait and see

I sure want something at Comic Con, maybe a sneak peak at an episode or a panel with the voice actors. Wouldn't be right to keep quiet for so long until the tv show airs and I want something Boom related which is positive. D:

• Thumbs Up 3

Comic Con would be great, but if not I suspect Sonic Boom, if not an announcement on the SEGA blog. This really excites me because I'm actually planning on heading to Sonic Boom, and the TV series is what I'm most excited for! Would really love a panel, too, but hey- as long as we get something, I'll be happy.

I'm hoping we'll at least the theme song, if there will be one at all, at Comic-Con.

It'll probably be fairly short, around the length of Adventure Time's or Steven Universe's, but should be something.

Well there's a few clear parts of the theme song in the Nintendo World E3 footage, though some parts do have a SFX. I did think about ripping and looping it, but it would get annoying hearing Tails say "looks like the road has obstacles" over and over.

I might do it, but I can't really hear where it's meant to loop. We'll probably get some footage with clearer quality at some point. Besides, I'm really crap at looping.

That was really enjoyable to watch, Roger is a really great guy. Personally, he's probably my favourite Sonic voice actor, mainly because when I think Sonic I hear Roger. That's not to say that I dislike the others, I really like Ryan, it's just that Roger's take is my favourite. I laughed at the part where he impersonated a typical internet hater. :D

It's good to hear that there's a bit more flow between the characters in the Boom TV series thanks to the group recording sessions, it'll make the conversations much more natural.

• Thumbs Up 5

^ I totally agree, it makes for better results when the people behind the characters interact with each other :) I really enjoyed listening to this interview and I love that idea for a Sonic Generations sequel laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I believe that they were perhaps auditioning Ryan for Classic Sonic in Generations. I mean, I don't think they would have had Roger for just Colours, Free Riders, and Alton Towers just to replace him the next year. It's happened with supporting cast before but never for Sonic himself.

But of course, then there was the whole thing with the talent union which SEGA didn't like so they turned him down. It's a shame but it certainly wasn't Roger's fault.

Oh wow, I love that bit where he impersonates the infamous Alton Towers sound clips! Man, I remember when those first got out on the internet and everybody went absolutely nuts. Ah, good times. *War flashbacks*

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm glad I had the time to dig deep and bring that one up. My favorite thing about interviewing is finding the most obscure thing to bring up, both to make an impression on the guest and to give listeners something special. :)

Oh I am so looking forward to this show

So am I. Sadly, I may be more hyped for the show then the games, but I honestly laughed watching the trailers so far. Most of it I probably shouldn't laugh at, but I honestly crack up over the robot serving evil ham or (and my favorite) Knuckles telling Sonic he would be a great sidekick line. The faces just sell it. I honestly can't wait to see it and hope it does well. Looks to be a blast.