Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

I'd count this as another pretty good one. Kind of unfortunate we didn't get much of Mike Pollock ham it up with faking Eggman's injuries that much, but that's a minor compliant. 

-Surprised to see T.W. Barker and Soar the Eagle again so soon. Bill Freiberger mentioned in the Sonic Show Commentary Soar was also a newscast announcer. And seeing after his circus probably didn't go anywhere else, Barker had to apply somewhere just as crooked and shady like being Eggman's lawyer.

-Knuckles is still being an unintentional dick to Sonic by downplaying him at every opportunity. 

-Dat dance party.

-I so want to hear Sonic's singing voice now. Just imagine Roger doing it in the best if funniest way possible.

• Thumbs Up 6

Actually, I believe it's Sepia-toned,

And to answer your question, she left town for a few days, to attend a bee-keeping seminar.

I wasn't asking a question though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Darn, I didn't realise it was starting at 11 today. Oh well, guess I'll have to catch this one later.

EDIT: Got some more synopses from France if they haven't been posted already:

Episode 21 -

The Lullaby

When Sonic & Knuckles accidentally awaken a giant stone, they are left with the responsibility of putting it back to sleep

Episode 22 -

The Curse of the Buddy Buddy Temple

Sonic gets captured by Eggman, but the two find themselves stuck in a temple and must help each other. Meanwhile, the rest of the team feel a little lost without their natural leader.

Episode 23 -

Nominatus

When Eggman gets a new evil friend, Orbot and Cubot feel somewhat neglected.

Episode 24 -

Penalties for being late

To prevent Amy from having to pay a fine, Sonic must return some books to the library. Only there are days when even a simple task can be difficult. (Hm, I guess this is the episode with Fastidious Beaver as a librarian)

Episode 25 -

In the Wild

The friends team up to have a little race in a hostile environment.

Episode 26 -

Jealousy Blue (I originally thought that was supposed to read 'Blue with Envy', but it could be a reference to the old jazz song)

A serious competetor appears in the city who rivals Sonic's coolness.

Wait, did the clocks go back in America or something? Was just gearing up to watch it in a few mins as usual, but it's apparently already aired?

Ah cheers SSF1991, I must have missed that. Managed to watch it now on someone's pre-recorded livestream. Very giggleworthy. Knuckles killed me with that sandwich thing XD

And now a bonus from the previous episode:

tumblr_nkyu4hxdBm1uouf1fo1_500.gif

This scene was pretty funny and cute to be honest.

Anyone else found it immensely adorable to see Sonic and Tails share that humongous sandwich?

TBH everything I've seen so far with those two has been immensely adorable :D

Episode 26 -

Jealousy Blue (I originally thought that was supposed to read 'Blue with Envy', but it could be a reference to the old jazz song)

A serious competetor appears in the city who rivals Sonic's coolness.

It's not Shadow, that's definite. The addition and involvement of Shadow and Lyric automatically makes the show darker and edgy.

It's probably going to be an entirely new character instead. If it were Shadow, wouldn't the description outright say it's him?

Alright, aside from that one, looking at the rest of the upcoming episode list Little T posted last page, these drew my attention:

Episode 21 -

The Lullaby

When Sonic & Knuckles accidentally awaken a giant stone, they are left with the responsibility of putting it back to sleep

Episode 22 -

The Curse of the Buddy Buddy Temple

Sonic gets captured by Eggman, but the two find themselves stuck in a temple and must help each other. Meanwhile, the rest of the team feel a little lost without their natural leader.

Episode 24 -

Penalties for being late

To prevent Amy from having to pay a fine, Sonic must return some books to the library. Only there are days when even a simple task can be difficult. (Hm, I guess this is the episode with Fastidious Beaver as a librarian)

1. Sweet, a Sonic and Knuckles-centered episode! And it looks like we might be getting an episode to showcase Sonic singing if a lullaby is going to put that thing back to sleep.

2. Another 'Sonic and Eggman having to tolerate one another' episode. Which is fine by me! And I can totally imagine Amy trying to fill Sonic's shoes while he's gone, but proves to be not as effective. 

3.Oh, this one is going to ripe with Sonamy hints more so than we've been getting, isn't it? And I anticipate much Sonic abuse for the lengths he'll go to do this for Amy.

It's not Shadow, that's definite. The addition and involvement of Shadow and Lyric automatically makes the show darker and edgy.

It's probably not Shadow, I can see it being a new character, it would be cool if it was Shadow though. Shadow being jealous of Sonic's popularity could make for a hilarious episode. 

but what if it's Mighty

No, no guys. It obviously isn't Mighty or Shadow.

it's jet

Nah, it's mostly likely a new character. I hope he's a tenrec.

“Look at me, I’m having an idea.” Oh my god. XD

T.W. Barker as a lawyer…? No… Knuckles as a lawyer?

“Would you say Dr. Eggman is kind and honest?” “No not really.” "Grrrr! >:C!!!"

Knuckles’ self-awareness of his “dumb as a rock” status continues to convince me he’s faking.

“That was anti-climactic.” You can say that again. I expected Sonic to legitimately injure Eggman this time around. :P

Hot dang that was a really, really funny episode. Burnbot's judge voice was incredible, I wonder who voices him. The dance party was great and there were quite a few other funny parts. The ending didn't seem too rushed or abrupt this time either.

• Thumbs Up 5

Somebody should add Ace Attorney music to this episode.

PLEASE

While up until Bill Freiburger's deliberetly vague answers towards the matter, I've been in the 'Shadow will not appear in the Boom cartoon' camp, my first thoughts upon reading that synopsis was 'Is that Shadow?'. I'm not putting my rings on anything yet, as it could easily be an original Boom character. Neo_fire's comment of it being Perci does actually fit well, seeing as she's been described as protective of the village and has not appeared in the cartoon yet. Maybe Zap2It's synopsis will be less vague, but until then, I'm happy to speculate

;)

Am I the only one who was a little bummed out by today's episode? The episode had such a funny concept, but it fell flat. I did enjoy the opening fight with Eggman's moth bot, along with Knuckles running with the giant lightbulb, and shouting "look! I have an idea!" Sadly, the rest of the episode didn't stay as humorous.  

I'm convinced Soar the Eagle is a curse to this show. Both episodes he appeared in had very abrupt and rushed endings. It could have been worse though, at least they ended it with Sonic being proven innocent, and not getting locked up. This episode made Knuckles too stupid. Past episodes gave him dumb, but funny quick moments, but this episode had too many long dumb moments. I wish the plot was handled to feel more believable. It was so cliche to see the jury be so blind, and not realize how much Sonic has done for them. Making Burnbot the judge was pretty odd as well.

I do think Sonic's reason for making Knuckles his lawyer, was funny. Sonic only let Knuckles be his lawyer, because he didn't think the court would take Eggman's case seriously. The only part of the trial to make me laugh, was when Sticks approached the bench, and offended everyone with her talk on how all robots need to be destroyed, it was funnier when she said "except you, judge." Eggman's fake video to show off his caring side towards Orbot and Cubot was pretty funny.

One last good thing about the episode, was Amy's last minute appearance which helped Sonic expose Eggman's lies. it was nice to finally see an episode where Amy saves the day. So far, most episodes ended with Tails saving the day, and we've had a few instances of Sonic, Knuckles, and Sticks saving the day. It was nice to finally to see Amy be a major contribute to saving someone.  Throughout the episode, I wondered why Amy wasn't in it, she would have been able to help Sonic's case in many ways. Luckily the writers gave Amy a funny quote to explain her absence. I laughed when Amy told Sonic "I was gone for a week to attend a bee keeping seminar, and look what happens." I did find it humorous how Amy thought Sonic got in trouble, just because she wasn't around to look after the team. But sadly, those funny moments weren't enough to make me like the episode.

I already went over the stupidity of Knuckles, and the jury, but what also dragged the episode down for me, was Comedy Chimp. He was used only as a lazy excuse for a filler, and it wasn't even funny, the writers even made it obvious, that they knew it was pointless... The random disco dancing was trying too hard to make people laugh, but it just came off as forced upon. The episode ended with an interruption between Sonic and Eggman fighting, just like The Aim Low episode, except this episode made it worse somehow. Pointing out that the ending is anti-climatic, does not make it ok to rush to the end... This is why I wish Sonic Boom aired a full new episode, instead of half a new episode. That way, if a bad episode airs, at least a second one might have made it feel worth getting up early to watch. I had more fun watching the rerun, than the new episode, and the only other time that happened, was watching The Meteor, after Aim Low. I just hope next week's episode is better, I'll be so bummed if I'm left with a bad new episode, and a bad rerun...

Eh, the episode itself was pretty flat.

Somebody should add Ace Attorney music to this episode.

PLEASE

^This, please.