Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

Zelda is a series where there can be multiple versions of several characters for every new setting. I don't see why they WOULDN'T fill it with fan-favorites.

That's my whole opinion as well. We can get the Six Sages from Ocarina of Time, Malon, Skull Kid, Groose, Midna, Ghirahim, Vaati... (and mind you I hate Groose, but a lot of people do).

Granted, nearly all of them would be needed to given movesets, but I don't see how they wouldn't be able to fight. Romani is seen using a bow and she's a variant of Malon, the Seven Sages all have elemental powers, Midna is obvious (especially since she's an Assist Trophy in Smash Bros. now).

The reason I mentioned that is because earlier there was a rumor going on that they were designing a whole new cast for the game rather than drawing on characters from past games. Which in my personal opinion is the worst thing they could possibly do. Especially based on the fact that the rumor also said the game will be non-canon, which is ridiculous. If its a canon game in a new timeline (like every other game in the series), I could somewhat see that, but even then that shouldn't stop them from filling it with fan favorite characters and perhaps even having alternate costumes of each character based on their different appearances throughout the series.

And yeah, even in this kind of game I wouldn't mind Tingle because at least he wouldn't be getting in over other characters, as would be the case in Smash.

Yep, in Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, each character(or least most) has 4 total costumes, though one tends to be a recolor, So Ganon and Ganondorf each having several alternate costumes that represent different incarnations is totaly possible

And the Fact is that Nintendo has 2 options both in regards to development and marketing, They can use this as the greatest celebration of Legend of Zelda's diverse history including its diverse cast of characters from the first game to the most recent, and a mix of new characters as well, for good variety. This will draw in new and old fans everywhere, and make the game a major draw for the wii-u.

Or they can just keep a handful of the central characters, make expies of existing characters, and have a new cast, but having a much smaller impact advertising wise, and less of a draw, and less iconic-ness

now there is no gaurentee they will go either way, but we will proably know at E3 as we are nearing release

Personaly I hope they bring on the nostaglia, and tons of classic characters, like both forms of midna, Vaati, Impa, and others

Link, Zelda, Impa, and Ganondorf are basically the main cast. Impa is secondary, but she appears in nearly every game in the series, just behind Zelda and Ganondorf to fill in that role. Also, in the original rumor it did indicate that Link, Zelda, Impa, and Ganondorf would be the only returning characters, but I kind doubt that's the case; they have no reason to create a whole new cast with the numerous fan favorite characters they have.

Its just... we don't know the plan at this point in time. So, although I want fan favorite characters (and maybe a FEW new ones), I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

• Thumbs Up 1

there is the fact that this a spinoff, its more of a testament, and gift to longtime fans, and Nintendo is co-developing it, and you have to admit it would seriously help the wii-u, and it would be no different than Nintendo's tribute to megaman in SSB4. And it would be a bit of a waste otherwise, which would you rather see, a ton of iconic and classic characters from within the series all battling it out, or a bunch of heartless copies?

And we are talking about a series that previously had a game with Joan of Arc, Achilles, Nemea, Dead or Alive, and Ninja Gaiden characters in feudal japan and china alongside Samurais, demons, and others, and the fact they have kept the series full of realitively historicly accurate figures as well

The fact is that if Nintendo lets Omega Force do their thing, they tend to be extremely deep in their research, and extremely diverse with their character set, I mean their last Nintendo exclusive, Samurai warriors 3 on the wii had a Nintendo character called Takamaru, who hadnt appeared since its japan exclusive Famcion Disk System

If Nintendo lets them have a free reign with Legend of Zelda's Over 25 years of history and characters, It will have an extremely diverse and exotic character roster with tons of fan favorites and characters from all the games all adjusted to fit within the games style

Least thats the way I see

there is the fact that this a spinoff, its more of a testament, and gift to longtime fans, and Nintendo is co-developing it, and you have to admit it would seriously help the wii-u, and it would be no different than Nintendo's tribute to megaman in SSB4. And it would be a bit of a waste otherwise, which would you rather see, a ton of iconic and classic characters from within the series all battling it out, or a bunch of heartless copies?

And we are talking about a series that previously had a game with Joan of Arc, Achilles, Nemea, Dead or Alive, and Ninja Gaiden characters in feudal japan and china alongside Samurais, demons, and others, and the fact they have kept the series full of realitively historicly accurate figures as well

The fact is that if Nintendo lets Omega Force do their thing, they tend to be extremely deep in their research, and extremely diverse with their character set, I mean their last Nintendo exclusive, Samurai warriors 3 on the wii had a Nintendo character called Takamaru, who hadnt appeared since its japan exclusive Famcion Disk System

If Nintendo lets them have a free reign with Legend of Zelda's Over 25 years of history and characters, It will have an extremely diverse and exotic character roster with tons of fan favorites and characters from all the games all adjusted to fit within the games style

Least thats the way I see

Omega Force? I thought it was Techmo Koei.

Anyway, I was just worried about that rumor, that's all. This game needs an all-star cast of characters from throughout the series.

Omega Force? I thought it was Techmo Koei.

Anyway, I was just worried about that rumor, that's all. This game needs an all-star cast of characters from throughout the series.

Omega force is Techmo-Koei's development team for this series, they're the ones who develop it

and I agree heavily, it would also be interesting and kinda fun to see Midna's true form in action and HD

• 2 weeks later...

The game comes to Japan this summer. 

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/07/hyrule-warriors-reaches-japan-summer/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

Hyrule Warriors—or Zelda Musou, as it is called in Japan—is a Dynasty Warriors-styled game set in the Legend of Zelda universe. During the company’s financial results briefing earlier today, Tecmo Koei confirmed that the game will be available in Japan this Summer.

That's incredibly early considering how little we've seen and heard of the game.  Granted we're basically guaranteed a new trailer this E3 but still this was announced last year and we've had nothing barring the initial trailer and screenshots.  Heck we've barely even had many big preview articles for this game.

That's incredibly early considering how little we've seen and heard of the game.  Granted we're basically guaranteed a new trailer this E3 but still this was announced last year and we've had nothing barring the initial trailer and screenshots.  Heck we've barely even had many big preview articles for this game.

You know what Nintendo are like, though; they'll keep their big names fairly hush-hush until release.

They've kind of done that with Smash before as an example, but it has since become a tradition to dish out lots of screenshots and give people at special events early access. When it's come to Zelda games or Mario games, it's rare that they'll give out much information until much closer until release.

• Thumbs Up 1

When this game comes close to release, Nintendo is going to spoil the whole thing, and it's going to be a battle to just avoid spoilers. That's how most of their releases seem lately.

Well based on the release of nearly every Warriors Game that means you'll probably see a US/Eu release of late fall-late winter; it could be different though.

Well, if it does come out at the end of the year or the beginning of next, I would look forward to it. The only hope would be that they would release it on disk in its physical form. Koei has been a bit guilty of hiding some of their worries games digitally lately, which really pisses me off as I won't play them in that form. As long as this is physical, this game will be bought and put on my shelf eventually. I am looking forward to it, since I can't play the one piece versions for example.

Well based on the release of nearly every Warriors Game that means you'll probably see a US/Eu release of late fall-late winter; it could be different though.

Nintendo is involved so it's more likely to release sooner. Early to late Fall.

I pretty much expected a Summer release. I don't think this game will come out near Christmas in the West. Early Fall or Late Summer is my speculation. It also helps to spread the games out more so there's a larger variety of releases coming.

Well, they are looking a little optimistic, but I hope to contribute, does make me think it might be coming out late summer here

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228466-tecmo-koei-hoping-hyrule-warriors-will-sell-over-a-million-worldwide

Tecmo Koei hoping Hyrule Warriors will sell over a million worldwide

May 16, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy

Coming from a Nikkei Trendy interview with Tecmo Koei Games president Yoichi Erikawa...

In gaming, this is a first-time collaboration. As a new entry in the Warriors series, we plan to release the game Hyrule Warriors in collaboration with Nintendo in the summer of this year. In addition to our Warriors series fan base, Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda is also a very popular series with a large fan base, and I think it will become a great new market. Because of The Legend of Zelda’s legion of fans overseas, we are aiming to sell more than one million copies worldwide.

Link

• Thumbs Up 2

Zelda games are actually generally released FIRST in the United States. So there's very little reason to think this will be released much later in Western Regions, even if it is a Musou game, Nintendo Treehouse is still in charge of its localization.

• Thumbs Up 1

Over a million units is a definite. This is a Zelda game, even though its a spinoff Zelda game its still a Zelda game. I do find it weird and strange that they haven't shown much of anything for the game yet, though, and they're already speculating on how much it will sell.

Over a million units is a definite. This is a Zelda game, even though its a spinoff Zelda game its still a Zelda game. I do find it weird and strange that they haven't shown much of anything for the game yet, though, and they're already speculating on how much it will sell.

it is releasing in a few months, and the fact is these games are realitively simple at their base, you got about a dozen standard unit types, and then a hundred commanders and a couple dozen maps, there is additional stuff, but that's the core of it. The basic gameplay they have intact from previous games, its a matter of honing it, then perfecting the art style and roster

This might seem like a stupid question, but will this game have voice acting? Considering there were voiced cutscenes in the previous Dynasty Warriors installments, would the possible cutscenes need time to be localized and push the release date of Western regions a bit further than the Japanese one?

This might seem like a stupid question, but will this game have voice acting? Considering there were voiced cutscenes in the previous Dynasty Warriors installments, would the possible cutscenes need time to be localized and push the release date of Western regions a bit further than the Japanese one?

the voice acting is actualy never localized, they keep it in Japanese actualy for all releases and just have subtitles 

Most Dynasty Warriors games have been dubbed though. 7 is the only one that wasn't dubbed of the main series. Orochi 3 wasn't dubbed either, but 8 definitely was dubbed as I just finished playing that. It sort of depends on the game as well. If they make the game dubbed, then it is much easier to release on disk as well. I'm not sure where I heard it, but I heard rumors before that if Koei doesn't dub their warriors games, they are doomed to be digital only games.

I don't think we'll get any voice acting more than merely having grunts like in other games.

it is releasing in a few months, and the fact is these games are realitively simple at their base, you got about a dozen standard unit types, and then a hundred commanders and a couple dozen maps, there is additional stuff, but that's the core of it. The basic gameplay they have intact from previous games, its a matter of honing it, then perfecting the art style and roster

My point is, I'd have expected something like character showcases, a few maps and some details about the story.

How are they going to tell the story if there is no voice acting? Unless they tell everything in text form between the battles, usually warriors games have alot of dialogue that takes place during the battles as well to announce what is going on during the battle when new situations arise or when characters are talking with each other. That also brings about the confusion on if Link would be given a voice or if everyone around him could talk and he couldn't? Warriors games do usually rely on quite a bit of dialogue to tell the story of the game.

It's honestly unlikely to have any spoken dialog. It might be a Musou game, but it's STILL a Zelda game.