Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

Fuck no! I want Midna playable dammit!

I WAS saying Midna could be playable.

Alongside Link and Zelda, there can be The MM Mask Forms, Toon Link, Sheik and Tetra. Assist characters and NPCs like Midna. Fi, The Seven Sages, Groose etc can be playable. The possibilities are endless.

Whoops...guess I read that wrong. My bad. ^__^;

I'd think this would've made more sense as the Fire Emblem crossover rather than a Zelda crossover, but it still looks cool.

And the problem with her is, what exactly?

...the problem I have is exactly what I said. I don't want Zeldas to be assumed to also be Sheiks, because that's something only one specific Zelda ever did. I think Zelda can and should be able to kick ass without needing to change into an androgynous ninja first. And there are other options available if you want a Sheik-like character.

I said that for a fun hack and slash game in Dynasty Warrior style, not about story. And we don't even know anything about the story to make that assessment over anyone but Link and possibly Zelda, and I fail to see why we should care at the moment.

If you don't care about the story yet, that's your choice, but I do.
  • Thumbs Up 2

...the problem I have is exactly what I said. I don't want Zeldas to be assumed to also be Sheiks, because that's something only one specific Zelda ever did. I think Zelda can and should be able to kick ass without needing to change into an androgynous ninja first. And there are other options available if you want a Sheik-like character.

Well I don't really care if Zeldas are assumed to be Sheiks, because it's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. It's not like she hasn't been assumed to be Sheik since Smash Bros Melee, and it's definitely not like she can't kick ass in both forms like she's done there.

She's hardly been able to kick ass in most games she's in bar a few games like Windwaker when she was Tetra, Spirit Tracks when she was a spirit, and other exceptions like TP. So regardless of what other options (and I prefer the Zelda/Sheik above all of them), it's not really a problem for her to have both.

Not that I'll complain if she doesn't have it.

If you don't care about the story yet, that's your choice, but I do.

Well if this is anything like their other Warrior series like Gundam or One Piece, they're likely to have a mix of characters from all parts of the series, making it even more pointless to care about the characters present for the story beyond fanservice of seeing them interact.

Link is totally rockin' dat blue scarf. Also, am I the only one noticing the Hylian soldiers in the trailer running around and doing nothing while Link's fighting?

Nope, we see it too. Things are much more active this time, so Link isn't mostly going by himself and fighting the baddies while everyone else stays back. And I like it!

• Thumbs Up 1

The different take on the gameplay of the series, with the potential for armies and large numbers of Hyrulean soldiers fighting alongside you, is precisely why I'm hoping it is canon.  It clearly has the potential to do some things that a regular Zelda game can't (or wouldn't), and I think it'd be a shame if that didn't matter in canon at all.  And I think that being canon isn't an impediment to it having all kinds of possible playable characters or crazy scenarios.

I'm not expecting it to be canon, but if it does, that's great.

But if I see Midna playable in this shit, I'm dubbing it non-official canon! /thattotallymakesnosense

Well I don't really care if Zeldas are assumed to be Sheiks, because it's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Why?

It's not like she hasn't been assumed to be Sheik since Smash Bros Melee,

That's kinda what I have a problem with, though. Smash, and OoT's incredible popularity, have kept Sheik relevant long past the series actually using the concept. No one expects every Zelda to be a pirate just because of Wind Waker, I don't see why Sheik should be any more of a staple.

She's hardly been able to kick ass in most games she's in bar a few games like Windwaker when she was Tetra, Spirit Tracks when she was a spirit, and other exceptions like TP.

That's only relevant in so much as it should be corrected.

Well if this is anything like their other Warrior series like Gundam or One Piece, they're likely to have a mix of characters from all parts of the series, making it even more pointless to care about the characters present for the story beyond fanservice of seeing them interact.

Well I like my fanservice to be canon accurate.

Why?

Well I think it's awesome Zelda can be a ninja, for one. And in a game with Dynasty Warrior elements, it also allows more gameplay opportunities for a single character, and it would be awesome to play as Shiek in a pure-Zelda game crossing over with other Zelda characters in a 3D world. And given the variety they've made for Link, there's lots they can do with her and plenty of other characters they choose to bring in, so that's why I see this as a good thing.

That's kinda what I have a problem with, though. Smash, and OoT's incredible popularity, have kept Sheik relevant long past the series actually using the concept. No one expects every Zelda to be a pirate just because of Wind Waker, I don't see why Sheik should be any more of a staple.

Well I guess that's just popularity for you, because that's a huge cause of her being a staple.

That's only relevant in so much as it should be corrected.

To me, this reads "I don't like it, therefore it's wrong".

Well I like my fanservice to be canon accurate.

Really? That's where we're going?

And what exactly is canon inaccurate about Zelda/Shiek in a game that could likely mix the entire canon of multiple games into a single setting? Especially with the little information we already have?

In fact, we have, and I'm quoting JaydenReimen, TP Hyrule Field, SS Bokoblins and Lizalfos, and OoT King Dodongo. So where's the canon accuracy?

Japan's got a logo.

1517469_10151777780801447_555400348_n.jp

I'm told it says Zelda Musou, which apparently translates into Zelda: Without Equal.

this is too badass for me

• Thumbs Up 2

Impa is almost always Zelda's nursemaid. I don't see why Impa couldn't have trained Zelda even if she doesn't necessarily always have Sheik as an alter-ego.

If what we're thinking is correct, Sheik will probably be an alternate outfit of Zelda, not a separate character and not with a separate moveset. My thinking is that Zelda's moveset would consist of magic and perhaps some of her "Sheik" moves from Smash Bros., but technically she wouldn't actually be Sheik in this (although Sheik would mostlikely be an unlockable costume).

We can likely rely on Impa for being a proper Sheik-like character, though. The best two versions of Impa in the series are OoT and SS easily. This also does appear to be the "younger" Impa, and even in her younger appearance she's still got white hair. Meanwhile, "older" Impa was likely this younger more agile Impa at some point in her youth we see in other games. She is confirmed to be a Sheikah in all of her appearances, and most recurring Zelda characters don't change roles too heavily.

Of course, I could be wrong, but SS and OoT Impa is still the most badass, and said version of Impa is also the one that generally has more relevance in the games she appears in.

Yes, I'm also thinking that Midna would be a good choice for a playable character, too. If we also want to take a look at villain characters, Vaati would be the #2 right after Ganondorf. I wouldn't mind seeing others such as Agahnim or Ghirahim, though, either.

Personally I'd like this to be a canon game just spread out over many years, with non-canon aspects allowing us to have characters from different time periods interact and fight one another. Either that or do what they like to do; add ancestors/descendants of known characters to a new time period.

Title makes sense, since both the Gundam and One Piece Dynasty Warriors crossover games have Musou in their titles (Gundam Musou, One Piece: Kaizoku Musou), but wow, that logo looks so damn sweeeeeeeeeet.

I can only imagine what they give Midna if she were to be playable. I kinda want to play as her True Form over her imp form.

To me, this reads "I don't like it, therefore it's wrong".

I think it's wrong for Zelda to so often be defenseless given that she's one of the three triforce holders, and also because the damsel in distress trope sucks.

Really? That's where we're going?

And what exactly is canon inaccurate about Zelda/Shiek in a game that could likely mix the entire canon of multiple games into a single setting? Especially with the little information we already have?

Well that kind of is canon inaccurate as a whole...

In fact, we have, and I'm quoting JaydenReimen, TP Hyrule Field, SS Bokoblins and Lizalfos, and OoT King Dodongo. So where's the canon accuracy?

I don't see anything especially TP about Hyrule Field, and there's no reason that a king dodongo can't exist alongside SS enemies.

I think it's wrong for Zelda to so often be defenseless given that she's one of the three triforce holders, and also because the damsel in distress trope sucks.

Yeah...that doesn't have a damn thing to do with what I'm saying, especially when I'm supporting having both Zelda and Sheik playable.

So kindly burn down that strawman please.

Well that kind of is canon inaccurate as a whole...

Well isn't that all the more pointless to demand canon accuracy, if this is to be the case?

I don't see anything especially TP about Hyrule Field, and there's no reason that a king dodongo can't exist alongside SS enemies.

If you really want to claim "there's no reason for X to exist alongside Y", then there's no reason Sheik can't exist alongside Zelda. Really, two can play this game here.

Yeah, Shiek's alright and all, and I wouldn't particularly mind her coming back, but Impa's where it's at. It's made me really happy that she's started appearing again in the last couple of games, and having her show up in a game like this would kind of seal the deal that she's capital-I Important again. Plus she's just about the least consistent of the major recurring Zelda characters, so you could give her pretty much whatever design and set of abilities you want.

Yeah...that doesn't have a damn thing to do with what I'm saying, especially when I'm supporting having both Zelda and Sheik playable.

Then it doesn't really seem to be relevant to either of our arguments. 

Well isn't that all the more pointless to demand canon accuracy, if this is to be the case?

We don't know if it's the case. I'd rather it not be the case.

If you really want to claim "there's no reason for X to exist alongside Y", then there's no reason Sheik can't exist alongside Zelda. Really, two can play this game here.

Species are more mutable than people. Sheik is a specific person('s alter ego). A king dodongo is, presumably, just the biggest, nastiest smoke-disliking lizard around, and the fact that we didn't see one in SS doesn't prove that one cannot exist in that world (or likewise the other way around, or that those species can't exist together at whatever point in time this game takes place).

We don't know if it's the case. I'd rather it not be the case.

I can assume that's the case given that their Gundam Dynasty Warriors has characters and their gundams from different alternative universes. And given how Zelda has alternate universes, or rather alternate timelines in this case, chances are that it could happen here.

Species are more mutable than people.

Yet Impa's been different in how many Zelda games? I don't think mutability will hold any less water for people concerning this title.

I can assume that's the case given that their Gundam Dynasty Warriors has characters and their gundams from different alternative universes. And given how Zelda has alternate universes, or rather alternate timelines in this case, chances are that it could happen here.

Maybe it is more likely than not, but that doesn't make it what I want, and I'm not yet convinced we should assume it's the case.

Yet Impa's been different in how many Zelda games? I don't think mutability will hold any less water for people concerning this title.

What? I don't follow.

Maybe it is more likely than not, but that doesn't make it what I want, and I'm not yet convinced we should assume it's the case.

Well whatever the case may be, I don't believe they're thinking about just you and what you want.

What? I don't follow.

Impa's been present in several Zelda games in varying appearances, either as an elderly woman, a muscular ninja, or a slender ninja, and then some. 

And you're telling me species are more mutable then people. I'm sure that as far as the characters go, especially in a series like Zelda which makes many changes among the characters, everything is mutable, and as a result it's pointless argue how less mutable people are as a factor over a character existing alongside another character in the same sense that a species can exist alongside another species.

Well whatever the case may be, I don't believe they're thinking about just you and what you want.

Well no shit.

Impa's been present in several Zelda games in varying appearances, either as an elderly woman, a muscular ninja, or a slender ninja, and then some. 

And you're telling me species are more mutable then people. I'm sure that as far as the characters go, everything is mutable, and as a result it's pointless to being less mutable than others to be a factor to why a character can't exist alongside another character in the same sense that a species can exist alongside another species.

...those are different people. Each Impa is a different person, in the same way all the Links and Zeldas are different people. I wouldn't expect an Impa in this game to be identical to any particular Impa (at least, if the game went the way I'd like it to go). But given that all Impas have been Sheikah, and some of them have been warriors, it'd be reasonable for them to make an Impa who is a Sheikah warrior if they wanted a Sheikah warrior in the game.

Honestly, I thought Tetra was a way cooler and better-characterized alter-ego than Sheik. She was an pirate sailing the seas, commanding a scurvy crew, and going on adventures! She had a much more bombastic and memorable personality in my opinion too, and if anything, shows that each incarnation of Zelda is wildly different. 

Sheik, while cool, was OoT Zelda's thing, and I'd rather see a prospective new playable Zelda do something else. Just fighting as herself with no disguise would actually be a refreshing change at this point.