Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

I for one am interested in seeing how Team Ninja's The Legend of Zelda: Booty of Courage will be received. 

• Thumbs Up 9

So wait, it's co-developed by Omega Force AND Team Ninja? What does Team Ninja even have to do with it?

So wait, it's co-developed by Omega Force AND Team Ninja? What does Team Ninja even have to do with it?

If I had to guess, additional model/animation work, and or bonus modes to help speed up development. Omega-Force does most of it, if they wanted to speed up release they bring in another team 

Possibly extra shit like more staff to help with the animations/cutscenes.

And art direction it would appear.

You mean the part where 60% of the console's power is dedicated to loading and rendering ass?

And art direction it would appear.

Actualy, the Warriors series has this type of art direction too, have you ever played a warriors game? there is a decent amount of boob effect unless its a mystic in robes, or a younger character in robes. though there is a funny part in Orochi Warriors 3 Hyper, where the mystic samurai of legend runs into the ninja Chick from Dead or alive, and keeps making comments about her not covering enough XD 

I've played a fair amount of the Dynasty Warriors titles and I know its typical Japanese boobage, but I'm telling you those character renders are made by Team Ninja.

You mean the part where 60% of the console's power is dedicated to loading and rendering ass?

I mean the part where the actual character profiles and cutscenes probably will be handled by Team Ninja whilst Omega make the actual game, also yes for rendering ass.

Very good looking ass I'd imagine.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've played a fair amount of the Dynasty Warriors titles and I know its typical Japanese boobage, but I'm telling you those character renders are made by Team Ninja.

I mean the part where the actual character profiles and cutscenes probably will be handled by Team Ninja whilst Omega make the actual game, also yes for rendering ass.

Ok, good point, also Midna's True Form confirmed simply cause team ninja and sexy-fying females 

So how many times in one CG cutscene will I get a nice ass view? 6?

DAN OUTTA DAN

I'm not sorry.

10/10? Thats fukin 1. I wanted more ass than that.

If it's team Ninja, expect like, an ass shot every cut scene.

That'll be a lot of ass, HD ass....

If it's team Ninja, expect like, an ass shot every cut scene.

That'll be a lot of ass, HD ass....

That sure is some next-gen ass.

Yeah man I can't wait to see Groose's glorious ass

Fuck, the wait just become even harder to bear. Fuck it, moving to japan.

Can't believe people are complaining about butts. If it's a nice butt, show it off. >:U

Nope, even the gameplay was Sakamoto's to an extent. It was him who said "Hey, why don't we hold the Wii remote on its side while doing some stiff platforming but then suddenly flip it over and point awkwardly with it when it goes first person?! I'm a genius!" 8D Team Ninja just followed orders.

That was because he wanted it to be a 2D game. Team Ninja wanted 3D. Apparently no one realized that the control scheme and 3D didn't work together.

If the fan service in this game becomes ridiculously OTT and in your face then I won't like it so much. If it's done tastefully then yah, I don't mind. =3

Reminds me of Dragon's Crown when people were moaning about how big the Sorceress' boobies were yet the Elf, who was in the same game, had a C cup at the most and was certainly not as exaggerated in proportions as Sorceress except for being curvy. >> Then again, that was the artist's style so I don't know if in this game it would be art style or just fan service fluff. But like I said, as long as it's done tastefully...

If the fan service in this game becomes ridiculously OTT and in your face then I won't like it so much. If it's done tastefully then yah, I don't mind. =3

Reminds me of Dragon's Crown when people were moaning about how big the Sorceress' boobies were yet the Elf, who was in the same game, had a C cup at the most and was certainly not as exaggerated in proportions as Sorceress except for being curvy. >> Then again, that was the artist's style so I don't know if in this game it would be art style or just fan service fluff. But like I said, as long as it's done tastefully...

Wait, are you saying Dragon's Crown as a whole was tasteful, or...? I'm confused about what your point is here.

Wait, are you saying Dragon's Crown as a whole was tasteful, or...? I'm confused about what your point is here.

Oh. Well.

To me Dragons Crown was tastefully done because while Sorceress bust was ridiculously big, she was the only character to have this. The other characters were either very curvy or very muscular. Even the male characters are super muscular, so it's not ALL female fan service. Also the guy who designed these characters is known to exaggerate body proportions, so it's his art style pretty much. You could even say it was intentional.

Anyways, I like fan service when there's some for the guys as well as girls, and if it's done in a way that doesn't make me cringe and look awkward.

Edit: After seeing Soniko's post I think that's what I meant because I totally agree. Because the body proportions are so exaggerated (in a good way) and the art style is great I honestly don't mind the fanservice so much.

Edited by Gabz Girl

Dragon's Crown ISN'T tasteful, but if you were already used to Vanillaware's style before then it's more forgiveable since by this point most of the people who play their games are fans of their overly perverse character designs or simply enjoy the solid and incredible experience as their games offer. It's kind of a double edged blade, on one hand you have this gorgeous hand painted style with fantastic sprite work, deep battle systems and fun gameplay, on the other you have giant booby bomb'd girls with tiny waists, FA Cup handle hips and thunder thighs with most of the girls in their verse. The only ways I seen Dragon's Crown being the exception is because 1. Sorceress' tits are so ridiculously large and barely concealed to possibly be compared to anything realistic of that nature. 2. The playable cast isn't just "hey play as tits because it's the best and only option!" since there are actually more male and manlier characters to choose from, Warrior, Caster, Dwarf, Necromancer that all offer aesthetics and artistic integrity just as much as the fanservice/attention Sorceress' chest attracts. 3. All the characters are ridiculously over the top in design to simply single out Sorceress because of her top heavy design i.e. Dwarf is short but might as well be as big as a house because he is ridiculously stacked with muscle, Amazon wears barely ANYTHING but she is so fitting in her role as a wild woman and her features have been toned into a chiselled muscle beast with thighs that would give Street Fighter's Chun Li a run for her money etc.

ibfNm1hSsSm8bn.gif

4. Her run animation is fucking adorable  iVnhtsdSxPRmf.gif

She never seems, in any circumstance to lose her shirt/dress no matter how much they bounce, it's classic Vanillaware magic.

I'm not arguing to say it's tasteful, but I think it's meant to be more of a joke than to be sexy or considered that way.

• Thumbs Up 5

Dragon's Crown is the last thing I'd call tasteful. I'd take Other M over whatever the hell this is supposed to be:

maxresdefault.jpg

2572562-mermaid.jpg

Intentional or not, it's gross and embarrassing.

small additional update!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=228702

More Details on Hyrule Warriors

May 21, 2014 by Eggmond

Heat Man Was kind enough to send in a translation of some more information he found on Hyrule Warriors (presumably from Famitsu)you can read the details below:

Package price of \7,980, DL price \6,980. Also a premium box for \11,644.

The premium box contains a Tri Force shaped tabletop clock, and six serial codes for special costumes.

Two players can play simultaneously, one playing off the TV and the other playing off the game pad. During single play, the game pad is used as a sub menu.

The play style evolves with the ability to set your character with various weapons, such as the speed focused sword and damage focused heavy weapons.

The game has a weapon strengthening system and elements of character growth.

Uses the action style of Dynasty Warriors as a base, and adds the Z-targeting from the Zelda games. Skillful play makes avoiding attacks and aiming for enemy weak points simple.

The Zelda series's familiar spin attack is replaced with the Musou attack from Dynasty Warriors.

The bomb returns. It sounds as though its use isn't limited to chucking at enemies.

Impa, a newly appointed captain of the Hyrule army, is confirmed as a playable character. She uses a giant sword.

Besides Link and Impa, the game is expected to have a number of other playable characters. Aonuma is even noted commenting on the great number of characters planned.

The game will be playable at E3.

Current development progress is 70% complete.

Link

sounds like the weapons system is a little more in depth than the usual warriors game, and I cant imagine them having a huge amount of character without bringing in some fan favs, once again I think midna in normal form and teamed up with wolf link is possible

So fromwhat I understood from the last few pages of discussion, Team Ninja is just kind of doing grunt work while the other devolper (whatever they were called) is doing everything else?

I think I speak for everyone when I say

The premium box contains a Tri Force shaped tabletop clock, and six serial codes for special costumes.

Sigh.

• Thumbs Up 5