Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

I personally think Link was done pretty well in Skyward Sword. I don't think he's been done amazingly and actually connected the player to the world since Majora's Mask, but I don't think he needs to talk or even have "dialogue trees" to have a character. At least not dialogue trees on a WRPG level.. deciding the outcome of the game or Link's personality is not what Zelda's about and never has been, the series doesn't need them on a heavy level at all to be meaningful.

But Link's role needs to be important in general which is one reason I was disappointed with TP. The player needs to play an important role that only they can play, and not just be the soulless avatar that runs the actual main character (Midna) from place to place to progress the plot.

Skyward Sword Link was far better than that, and I think if you doubt SS Link has any character you seriously need to consider replaying the game. SS had many faults and reasons it wasn't memorable which might be why people have forgotten this, but for the first time in ages I truly believed Link was a likeable character in his own right and played an important role. I do agree that the player should have a few more dialogue choices that give Link a bit more personality (the early handheld Zeldas like Link's Awakening did this well) but I would honestly be thoroughly put off to see Mass Effect levels of personality building, not every game with silent protagonists need things like that and the fact that Gordon Freeman and Crono are such popular impactful characters is a complete testament to that, and proof that Link doesn't need an "obvious" or "vocal" personality in order to shine.

Look at Luigi for example, he never talks in his own games, but he is brimming with personality. While Link could do with being written better, I just couldn't agree less with the idea of stuffing Zelda with dialogue trees and personality building systems.

(As for Hyrule Warriors, it doesn't need voices dialogue from other characters but I kinda think it will, just not from Link)

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't see many of the other pictures clearly, but zooming in on the one on the top right I can at least be pretty sure that's not the Master Sword he's wielding.

That dude in the bottom left, is that the Poe Collector from OoT? His costume looks different, but that one glowy red eye reminds me an awful lot of him.

Just to go back to the previous page's discussion I want them to keep Link mute, but also give him more of a personality and give all the NPC characters a voice. I don't care if it's English or gibberish, I just don't want Link to end up like Samus in Other M. Given her a voice practically ruined her bloody reputation!

Then again, Other M was sucky in general so they would surely not make the same mistake with Link's newest game.

apperantly some of its been translated(same source as before) http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228623-hyrule-warriors-coming-out-in-japan-august-14th-famitsu-scan-update

Here are some details regarding the magazine article that have surfaced

Producer: Hisashi Koinuma, Yosuke Hayashi
Supervisor: Eiji Aonuma
Developer: ω-Force・Team NINJA
Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda, who has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia.
The magazine introduces Link, Impa, Shia, and some of her minions (whose names start with 'Va' and 'Wi').
Location includes Hyrule Field
Interview with Koinuma, Hayashi, and Aonuma. Says there's some unexpected playable characters.

Interview with Koinuma, Hayashi, and Aonuma. Says there's some unexpected playable characters.

HYPE TRAIN, IT BEGINS.

1. MORE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS CONFIRMED
  2. not just playable characters, but UNEXPECTED ones too
  • Thumbs Up 6

>Developer: Team Ninja

Oh boy, people are going to be pissed off.

actualy, its kinda odd, most of the development of these games are handled by Team Omega, Team Ninja being involved either means there are additional modes, or they needed to speed up development on a lot of characters 

Also, Unexpected characters, I'm calling it now, Groose, Takamaru, and Midna are ingame

Groose, Happy Mask Salesman, Alfonso, Ilia, Midna, and Ravio, big bucks, no whammy, stop.

I guess Skull Kid too, if we must

This is sounding more and more intruiging. I've never been keen on hack n' slash games but since i'm a huge Zelda fan I can't wait to try this out.

>Developer: Team Ninja

Oh boy, people are going to be pissed off.

Sakamoto was to blame for most of Other M's failures, not Team Ninja. Yep, even the gameplay was all his idea. D: With him not being around this time, everything should be fine.

This is sounding more and more intruiging. I've never been keen on hack n' slash games but since i'm a huge Zelda fan I can't wait to try this out.

Sakamoto was to blame for most of Other M's failures, not Team Ninja. Yep, even the gameplay was all his idea. D: With him not being around this time, everything should be fine.

Just expect Impa and every other female character in the game to have huge bouncing booby bombs with lolwut physics in cut scenes! 

• Thumbs Up 5

Just expect Impa and every other female character in the game to have huge bouncing booby bombs with lolwut physics in cut scenes! 

That's kinda normal for most of the Warriors series too, unless they are in the robed mystic class, but that has to do with the outfit. Unless they are children/realitively young teens, they don't have that either 

I'm guessing Shia is the one with the mask. Her name is cool. I hope she turns out well. Impa is really close to her SS design which is pretty cool.

Team Ninja isn't exactly a great developer any more. Both they and Sakamoto are to blame for Other M.

• Thumbs Up 1

wait a second you guys, we are looking at this from the wrong angle, this article is intended for the Japanese audience, what Zelda(or Nintendo characters) are popular over there that you wouldn't nessecarily expect in the game? like Takamaru(his game is essentialy the Japanese cult game equivalent to Star Tropics, cept it got a Nintendo land game)

wait a second you guys, we are looking at this from the wrong angle, this article is intended for the Japanese audience, what Zelda(or Nintendo characters) are popular over there that you wouldn't nessecarily expect in the game? like Takamaru(his game is essentialy the Japanese cult game equivalent to Star Tropics, cept it got a Nintendo land game)

I think that Samus and Pit rumour is more likely to be true than seeing Takamaru in this game.

As for Zelda characters, more or less the same ones that are popular in the west.

I think that Samus and Pit rumour is more likely to be true than seeing Takamaru in this game.

As for Zelda characters, more or less the same ones that are popular in the west.

Takamaru showed up in a previous Warriors game that was Nintendo exclusive(Samurai warriors 3), and they do have the model and concepts already, and he would be rather unexpected you never know 

All this character speculation and not one single mention of the best character in the series!

Tingle_Artwork_-_Rosy_Rupeeland.png

• Thumbs Up 3

So this game is out in June right?

Nope, 14th of August in Japan, so I'm assuming September or October in the West.

I knew Team Ninja were working on this from the start, as soon as I seen the character renders. It screams typical TN to me.

Sheik is a likely playable character. A Goron, Zora and Deku Scrub based on MM's transformations would be cool, too. A Skull Kid, maybe?

Nope, 14th of August in Japan, so I'm assuming September or October in the West.

We could get it a few weeks earlier or at the same time, though. I don't think the release will be all to different for the west.

• Thumbs Up 1

So if Ganondorf isn't the villain, does that make him more or less likely to be a playable character...?

Bowser tends to be playable whenever a new enemy kidnaps Peach, so I guess it's possible.

We could get it a few weeks earlier or at the same time, though. I don't think the release will be all to different for the west.

Considering it's a Tecmo Koei game, not just that but a Warriors game, having it come at the same time as Japan let alone earlier would be a first. We usually have to wait months for their games to be localised, so if anything a September or October date is actually generous.

Considering it's a Tecmo Koei game, not just that but a Warriors game, having it come at the same time as Japan let alone earlier would be a first. We usually have to wait months for their games to be localised, so if anything a September or October date is actually generous.

It's also a Zelda game and is being published by Nintendo. The past four Zelda games have come out earlier in the west. I don't think the seperate releases will deviate much longer than a week.