Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

So, Ryuko's managed to get all but 1 piece of Senketsu back. Well... that was... easy... way too fuckin' easy imo, but there aren't too many episodes left anyway. I just thought it'd be a bit more of a struggle to actually get him back. Anyway so I guess she's gonna be going up against Satsuki next week or something I dunno, from the preview looks like it'll be a quick battle between the money guy and them. But if we do get a battle between those two this early on, I get the feeling the final battle will not be against Satsuki but against Satsuki's mom and Nui.

To be fair, they have 10 more episodes to work with.

To be fair, they have 10 more episodes to work with.

Yea I kind of said that in the post.

So, Ryuko's managed to get all but 1 piece of Senketsu back. Well... that was... easy... way too fuckin' easy imo, but there aren't too many episodes left anyway

Yup.

To be honest I'm kinda happy they didn't go the down the typical "I'm depressed and I lost my powers" route. This is kinda refreshing in that aspect. She could have easily fallen into emo mode like she was in episode 13, but instead she went and got shit done.

Its not as emotionally engaging, but at least they are being consistent.

I feel pretty vindicated after today's episode honestly. Senketsu's death is treated almost as if it were nothing and he even states how Ryuko is strong enough on her own. The fact that she managed to get all but one piece just in one episode shows that she clearly doesn't need him to stand her own against mass forces anymore, and her power is only growing. Just strap him onto the scarf permanently and we got Ryuko with a better uniform. I'm halfway expecting an eventual permadeath at this point due to his comment on Ryuko's strength.

Better episode than last week for sure. First half was a ton of filler but it was at least interesting to see the fellow schools retaliating and actually succeeding to some degree.

I can't wait for the next episode to finally abandon this particular arc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yea, I really did like how Ryuuko didn't wangst and got right the fuck back up to kick some ass. Matter of fact, Ryuuko was the best in this episode because unlike every time before, she's taking matters into her own hands and not being manipulated by an outside party.

Although the setup for her and Satusuki's fight seems more incidental than anything, like she has a personal reason for fight but not directed at Satsuki herself.

I'm also happy that she over this "revenge" phase...I find it interesting though that she is getting stronger on mere willpower alone and having a new way at seeing things. This way of thinking isn't that far off from Satsuki way though except the part about....you know...taking over the world.

When I said that I didn't mean for her to be mopy, I meant it as in holy shit she just beat everyone like it was nothing after being bodied like it was nothing XD. Show needs more Mako service though.

other shows wish they had filler as good as this

Of course, other shows also would hate to retroactively make episodes more of a waste of time.

Seriously, I actually really liked this episode. But Episode 13 is even worse now when looking back at it and reinforces my belief that Senketsu should have poofed two weeks ago.

After seeing that the glove is apparently a piece of Senketsu, I got to thinking. As we saw Senketsu wasn't killed after being chopped up that could mean that even when he is not complete he is sentient. So if the glove is a part of Senketsu then why wasn't it attached to him when Ryuko found him in her father's lab? Why did Aikuro have it? Could this mean that Senketsu was never actually "completed" before Isshin was killed by Nui? Could this mean that Nudist Beach has the rest of Senketsu that was never used by Isshin?

Either that or I'm thinking WAY to much into this.

From what I remember the glove is only here to make blood transfer easier. Normally you cut yourself and drop a little  bit of blood and Senketsu/Jenketsu jumps into you and transforms.

Really, the glove isn't that necesarry, it's just here to ease the transformation process.

I wonder just how Ryuko will get the last fragment of Senketsu back, after all, the one with it is Satsuki.

Will she really battle for it, or will their be some kind of bargain thing?

I wonder just how Ryuko will get the last fragment of Senketsu back, after all, the one with it is Satsuki.

Will she really battle for it, or will their be some kind of bargain thing?

I honestly have a feeling that Nui is going to get involved and try and help Osaka defeat Satsuki, after which Ryuko will arrive and strike a deal with her to help her beat Nui and the Osaka student president for the last piece of Senketsu. 

Looks like we're finally getting answers next week about Ryuko's Father's work on anti-kamui technology and Senketsu according to sexy sensei, he's going to tell her "everything".

Also Ryuko held her own against Satsuki, but the odds were stacked against Ryuko since Nonon was also sticking her nose into the fight, needless to say Ryuko won't get a one vs one with Satsuki with the Elite four still around and powered up. Also Nonon has wiped out the Nudist Beach base and Satsuki revealed her true intentions with the raids, to flush out Nudist Beach, it was all a ruse played by Kiryuin.

Needless to say this episode felt refreshing in the fact Ryuko is now strong and confident enough to take on Satsuki, stole her glove back, and even took Satsuki's sword from her own hands and used it against her, needless to say that Satsuki is STILL leagues above Ryuko due to the fact Junketsu can physically damage Senketsu without need of a weapon, and the only thing that can damage Junketsu is Satsuki's blade, since she didn't have access to her Scissor blade.

I think Nui is going to be the next target personally, I think Ryuko is going to need both parts of the scissor to probably unlock some new true weapon to take on Satsuki with, I mean the blade she has right now has a decapitation form, so I wonder what it'd be like if they put both pieces together.

The anime had dragged on and cock teased and blocked us so much, but now in the final 10 episodes it's starting to pay off, I can see why people would be turned off this series though, it's not exactly in true Trigger flare how they've handled the climax and plot twists, it's all a bit one sided and late until now.

Torn on this episode.

On one hand; Budget is finally showing, Ryuko finally getting the upper hand on Satsuki and showing some new tricks, and glorious Mako and Gamagoori exposition.

Q7FMH7r.jpg

"Even if it's you"

Yeah!

On the other hand; should have been more Mako and Gamagoori exposition if they're going to tease, Satsuki still gets away with it and everything in this show keeps being ruses.

Very up-and-down episode all around. Nudist Beach finally arrives but then the villains go "Oh well this was our real plan all along!", effectively crippling the "Satsuki wants an army to take on her mother" theory. Then Ryuko does some cool new shit and things look better for her. Then Nonon kills all of them anyways.

I really wish things would stick with this series instead of just edging on them, forgetting that they just happened and then promise great things in the next episode. This one was close to pure greatness but doesn't quite hit the home run.

Should the show be faulted for not following theories the fanbase makes?

EDIT: or for not following ships enough too, don't see what's wrong if they just keep giving bg hints at Gamagoori caring for Mako

I liked the episode. All the budget went to it, it seems :V I'm still confused by the question of the glove- I'm working with the theory that the kamui can absorb clothing into its being, so as the glove has had Ryuko's blood flow through it it became part of Senketsu.

While Nonon's sudden bout of victory in the end did feel tacked on, it doesn't change Ryuko managed to bring Satsuki down a peg. Even if Satsuki did all she came there to do, she also still got to the point even her sword was taken from her.

Not sure about the hint that Nudist Beach were the ones giving all the awesome stuff we saw last episode to the other schools.

Should the show be faulted for not following theories the fanbase makes?

EDIT: or for not following ships enough too, don't see what's wrong if they just keep giving bg hints at Gamagoori caring for Mako

Fuck yes they should. Mako x Gamagoori is the only ship in this show worth caring about! >:u

I never subscribed to the Satsuki Army theory. I just hope people will shut up about that theory to excuse Satsuki being Hitler.

• Thumbs Up 2

I did kinda roll my eyes at how Satsuki's plan was yet another ruse, but for the most part, solid episode. Tarkada put up a far better resistance than I thought even though we knew he wasn't going to win.

Gamagoori x Mako needs to be canon already, do it fggts.

Man, I was just grinning throughout the showdown. Great episode.

And on top of this I was squealing like girl when Ryuko was doing matrix shit all over the building.

I kinda like the fact that Senketsu is sentient in how he's even covering for Ryuko's ass sometimes, like firing the jet boosters when she's unconscious to save her, it's like Ryuko and Senketsu are treat as 2 separate characters, when Junketsu and Satsuki are just Kiryuin and Outfit.