Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

Kill la Kill Epsiode 18!!!

My GOD! HYPE LEVELS ESCALATED TO GURREN LAGGAN LEVELS!!! I'm not even kidding! We all saw it coming, but that execution!

New episode just finished airing in Japan

Holy fucking shit! Did Ragyo just try to rip Ryuko's heart out?  She put her hand straight into Ryuko's chest and it looked like she was about to be killed right then and there before the episode ended. And shit just got real for Satsuki! My god that was intense!

More spoilers:

-Mikisugi is Ryuko AND Satsuki's father

-Ryuko is half Life-Fiber

-Satsuki is raising Ryuko to fight against Ragyo

-Mikisugi created Junketsu

-One Star Students rebel against Satsuki, like the OP suggested

-Ragyo is a Life Fiber Doll apparently (i don't know about this one)

Totally called that last twist halfway through the episode.

I called it like five episodes ago, get on my level.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think most called it day one….but I'm sure some people self-defunct it as the show went on. And now they brought it back and I'm completely fucking floored

they did a good job of hiding it when they showed two babies instead of just one being sacrificed. Also other episode highlights go to Nui finally shitting her pants (with confirmed character development for Ryuko to match, and poor Satuski being fucking curbstomped like that

Fucking christ the show just keeps throwing me for a god damn loop 

• Thumbs Up 1

Swear to god Satsuki better find a way to get back into this, not my baby brows no.

At least Ragyo has gone back to hot status with au naturalé hair again, but Ryuko's design is everything to combat life fibers, even her fucking hair to stop mind control! Very clever.

Also Nui finally faltering made my day, at this point she either helps out, or eventually gets stabbed in the back by god status Ragyo anyway, somehow I feel she's going to choose foolishly though :I lol

AAAAH COME ON TRIGGER.

Ehhhhhhhhhh....

Hands on the table here, the last two episodes were in my humble opinion the best ones of the second half of this running that I enjoyed the most. And I feel this episode was the closest to perfecting what transpired during them and really solidify KLK and give it some much needed consistency. But the ending twist has me a bit let down here.

Main reason for that in my opinion was that, despite the amount of genre savvy people would have to have to call it from day one it's rather frustrating how a lot of the show kept implicating it was something completely different than what happened here. Over the course of a lot of episodes there seemed to be more reasonable clues sprinkled between to imply that Ryuko stemmed partially from the Kinagase family line - the fact that Tsumugu was the only one other than Ryuko able to hear Senketsu, that Kinue was introduced as an unknown relative of Tsumugu's that was killed testing Kamui later revealed to be designed deliberately to protect Ryuko, the explicit statement that Ryuko's mom "died" etc. If you even wager that Isshin was too old to be Ryuko's dad I'd argue that would have made a lot of sense in the context of the show's refuge in audacity, and it would have been funny if Mako's assumption (about Isshin being a womanizer) was actually right.

Even so, ignoring all those set ups my problem is less that of a "fan theory being wrong" and more how this was executed. The set up for this twist was handled rather lazily. There was no implication that such a twist would stick at all until the show conveniently explained that Ragyo had a second child. After that the entire twist spells itself out and it kind of reeks of being an ass pull. I think the general concept of the twist is fine, but the way it is managed is a bit too half-hearted.

But that's just me anywho. I'm mostly concerned that where the series will go from here is going to be way too predictable. I really hate it when various media have to pull off the "everyone is connected to each other" twists as it feels it kind of robs characters of their individual convictions and it's things like this that cripples things like the Spider-Man reboot. All these character motivations have changed way too many times, and this outcome has begun to render Nui completely useless to this series.

But the rest of the episode was good. Action was better than ever and it feels they're better at pacing things.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw the twist as something as a bait and switch honestly; I figured it was way too obvious to be true and figured that Tsumugu's sister was Ryuuko's mother instead, and I was about to up and accept that, until this episode went back and confirmed what I knew. So it manages to come off legit shocking due to the deliberate red herring presented.

As for the revelation itself...yea, I kinda agree; nothing ever hinted that Ragyo had a second daughter, even if you could guess Ryuuko was that daughter. Its not a bad twist by any means, just could have presented itself better...but then I guess the aforementioned red herring wouldn't have been as effective because then people probably would have figured out even sooner.

That said, these two episodes gave a lot of "oomph"to the series. Not that it was getting terrible, but I felt it was starting to get formulaic, so yea...shakin things up.

holy fucking shit holy fucking shit this is literally reaching Gurren Lagann level hype you don't even understand. That episode was so awesome! Although some may have been able to predict the twist it still threw me for a loop! God I can't wait until the next episode! 

How can a series have such an obvious twist, yet still make it come off as legitimately shocking. That takes talent.

Haaaah, this makes Ryuko and Satsuki, Dante and Vergil retroactively.

• Thumbs Up 3

So imma spoil this just in case this theory is right.

So Ryuko, Raygo, and Satsuki are all one with the life fibers right? And what seems to be the mission statement is taking down the original life fiber where all the others come from….and if that succeed in this mission…..does that mean our heroines are destined for a fated death?

So imma spoil this just in case this theory is right.

So Ryuko, Raygo, and Satsuki are all one with the life fibers right? And what seems to be the mission statement is taking down the original life fiber where all the others come from….and if that succeed in this mission…..does that mean our heroines are destined for a fated death?

Only Ryuko and Ragyo are fused with Life Fibers, Satsuki was compatible with them which is why Ryuko was experimented on in the first place.

As for the second part, possibly. Killing the original Life Fiber might have that "Cut the root" syndrome.

Well, that was a hardcore twist. Even if you saw it coming, they certainly executed it with style. Ragyo is now more or less Armstrong.

Anyway, assuming that one theory is correct and Mikisugi is actually Ryuko and Satsuki's dad (which would make his flirting with Ryuko incredibly creepy in hindsight), well...

Mikisugi: SURPRISE! I'm actually your biological dad!
Ryuko: What.
Ragyo: ... Didn't I kill you?
Mikisugi: NOPE! And I got a decent haircut, too. And guess who else is alive.
Isshin: Yo.
Ryuko: DAD?!
Nui: That's not fair, I stabbed you and firebombed your house!
Satsuki: No-one actually died, did they?
Mako: Well, there was that one dude from the first episode...
Tsumugu: And my sister.
Satsuki: ... Ahem. No-one actually important died, did they?
Tsumugu: Oh, you bitch.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think Mikisugi might be Soichiro's brother or something, they do look alike.

So given le plot twists of the recent episode, you'd expect the Ryuko/Satsuki ship to die wouldn't you....nope, it only got stronger:

710.jpg

1e7.jpg

721.jpg

d8b.png

I must say, Kill La Kill is one of the shows that manages to constantly hit a remarkable mix of humor, action, adventure tones, seriousness and the like. Great stuff. And thanks for the recommendations!

Granted now that I'm hooked on the show, I'll probably gauge my viewing of the episodes so as I don't get caught at a cliff-hanger and a delayed episode.

But yeah, show's definitely awesome so far!

I will admit, I was rather iffy about it going through the initial three episodes, but by this fourth episode, this show's certainly looking to be my speed! Thanks to all who recommended and re-assured me about it!

So they're actually telling a pretty cool story and then the kamui's do their thing, and oh right it's this show. 

Life Fibers, Hun.  

Ok that's a little confusing.  Basically, this show's action doesn't really do a lot for me and the kamui designs still seem pretty silly.  

TimmiT pointed this out over at Sonic Retro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAmch6M0v8U

Tell me tell me, what's the music playing when Ryuko's Senketsu form is first shown? smile.png

• Thumbs Up 6