Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

Well damn, I wait for this episode and get surprised right towards the end. Nui is an evil genius! In fact, she's becoming my favorite antagonist of the series. Let's see how you'll get out of this one, Ryuko!

I'd have hated for the ending of this episode to have been sooner. The whole point was to give a breather before opening the new arc. Hence being a calmer episode. (plus judging by the animation, also probably done to save budget for the next episodes like Ep 4)

Worked great as is. Establishes Nui as further the asshole she is, establishes Ryuko as bouncing back with the help of Senketsu instead of the new character (could've been anyone, the point was just "you normally help by now, why aren't you"), and then suddenly alters everything in an interesting set-up for the next arc.

although I was enough of an idiot not to notice REVOCS as an obvious anagram of COVERS, so who cares :V

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm inclined to agree with Carbo. I kinda saw the ending to latest episode coming, due to all the foreshadowing that was set up for Nui. The series is a bit too predictable, and the characters really aren't that interesting to me. The show isn't terrible to me or anything, it's just that the writing is pretty disappointing and bland, so far. I'm still gonna keep on watching it, since I'm already this far in, but yeah, I'm not really feeling this one. Awesome music, though.

I'm not gonna lie and say that Ryuko isn't exactly someone who moves the plot to a significant degree, and does tend to just be a punching bag for the heroes. But that's honestly why I find her somewhat compelling. Too many stories have the protagonist be this unstoppable force that the villains  can't even hope to stop, and have very few hindrances on the way to their goals. Ryuko is different because she actively is a very small fish in a pool of sharks, and the fact that she can't solve all of her problems with the flick of a wrist really makes it seem different.

Now in terms of her actual personality...yea, I'll admit it does seem kinda static because she's nowhere closer to her goals or learning anything than she was 12 episodes ago. I'd like to think the writers planned something for her, but you'd think we would have a much better idea 13 episodes in. In fact, that is somewhat of a problem I have with the characters in general, things are bit too vague to really establish something to care about. In seems more like a series about things happening than about the characters themselves.

I still find it a good show regardless, but just a few things I noticed.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's not bad that the protagonist isn't perfect. It's bad that the villains are.

Except they aren't? Ryuko has bodied everyone, including the Elite 4, one after the other too mind you without a rest, and then comes Nui, and you were surprised Ryuko got fucked up? 

Even Nui and Satsuki have flaws, they aren't perfect, and they will fall eventually.

I mean honestly, a new obnoxious character is introduced and somehow manages to be the very one thing that snaps Ryuko out of her mopey phase in the matter of minutes of screentime, and all that is done just to screw her over?

No he didn't? It was the small chat with Senketsu that lifted her spirits and urged her to wear her kamui again, she's not afraid of Senketsu, she's mad at herself for pushing him that far to the point of hurting him, and even then she didn't back down until Mako intervened, I expected Nui to attack Ryuko outside of the academy, and this was her way around it in the end, she got what she wanted, at the expense of pissing Satsuki off.

Then you'll probably complain that Satsuki stepped in yet again to save the day am I right? Otherwise Nui would of finished Ryuko off there and then, then there would be no protagonist and the anime would of turned to shit with no hero figure.

I honestly don't get why the main character actually getting pummelled is a bad thing, I'm too used to untouchable protagonists in anime, that barely get phased, when I think about KlK I get a similar feeling of DBZ and One Piece of progression, Starts out headstrong, feels invincible, comes across someone stronger and gets whooped, recollect themselves and versus them again and wins, rinse and repeat. 

If anything I think we need "filler" episodes to expand on the main characters personalities and characters to get to know them better, because the only point I agree on is we don't know them as characters outside of her bond with Mako.

Satsuki helping Ryuko so much isn't helping the theory that they're related somehow. The creators can't be that transparent....right

Well damn...RIP in peace Senketsu. That's a pretty fucking big bombshell for this early in Season 2. 

Except they aren't? Ryuko has bodied everyone, including the Elite 4, one after the other too mind you without a rest, and then comes Nui, and you were surprised Ryuko got fucked up? 

Even Nui and Satsuki have flaws, they aren't perfect, and they will fall eventually.

They're flawed in the particular sense that they're the Hollywood kind of flawed, i.e not flawed at all. Club members being bodied? All part of Satsuki's plan to get rid of the weakest links. Elite Four being bodied? All part of Satsuki's plan to collect data on Ryuko and upgrade them. The show even had the gall to bring out a brand new character in order to sucker Ryuko into putting her uniform on. Nothing whatsoever has been a monkey-wrench in the villains' schemes and Ryuko has done nothing to prevent this for half of this series' running time. It makes them uninteresting to look at because nothing is shaking up the villain foundation, and the worst part is that they're not even convincing villains for Ryuko. Nui is the only one who sort of swerves towards this if only to serve her petty revenge scheme that was supposed to be over with, but she's a pretty obnoxious one trick pony.

Again; thirteen episodes in and Ryuko is only being the butt of a never ending joke, and has done nothing to prevent that. It's a stupidly long waiting time for a character-driven series to linger. The show has basically become "Ruses: The Anime". The Teacher is a ruse for Nudist Beach. Satsuki's school is a ruse. Maiko was a ruse. Nui was a ruse. Revocs are a ruse. Speaking of which why didn't they just bring Maiko back for this? That would've been an actually awesome twist, or even turn the Newspaper guy into another spy or something.

No he didn't? It was the small chat with Senketsu that lifted her spirits and urged her to wear her kamui again, she's not afraid of Senketsu, she's mad at herself for pushing him that far to the point of hurting him, and even then she didn't back down until Mako intervened, I expected Nui to attack Ryuko outside of the academy, and this was her way around it in the end, she got what she wanted, at the expense of pissing Satsuki off.

The character was introduced with the express purpose of forcing Ryuko out of her phase. If the character didn't show up to manipulate the events in a very haphazard and rushed way, she wouldn't have put the uniform on. He was the catalyst for the encounter going down.

Then you'll probably complain that Satsuki stepped in yet again to save the day am I right? Otherwise Nui would of finished Ryuko off there and then, then there would be no protagonist and the anime would of turned to shit with no hero figure.

I take issue with that as well actually, mostly because Satsuki warned her in the previous episode to not fuck around but in this episode Nui gets away with just a stern talking down to.

I honestly don't get why the main character actually getting pummelled is a bad thing, I'm too used to untouchable protagonists in anime, that barely get phased, when I think about KlK I get a similar feeling of DBZ and One Piece of progression, Starts out headstrong, feels invincible, comes across someone stronger and gets whooped, recollect themselves and versus them again and wins, rinse and repeat.

I agree. Guess what show that was directed by the same director of KLK did all of this in a much more believable way and didn't stop with middling pacing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Motherfucker.

I will admit, that was some impressive misdirection on Trigger's part, didn't expect THAT to happen. Nui is a fucking troll.

Also, the Ragyo's whole speech about 'clothing being humanity's first sin' is rather interesting. Makes me wonder what kind of direction this series is going to go with Ryuko. However, if Senketsu was destroyed, it's fairly obvious that we're not gonna get him back in the form we're used to - this is usually around the best time for the main character to either get upgrades and/or new clothes in series like this.

A milf she may be, but one with glorious rainbow hair!

And who knows what wacky adventures await Mako, poor nutty girl.

Honestly, I think I know what Trigger's trying to do with this particular episode:

• Set up a 'breather' episode to establish both our heroes and antagonists are going to leave the academy
  • Establish Ragyo's presence in the narrative from this point on - it's easily apparent that this whole multi-region conquest thing of Satsuki's won't last.
  • Force Mako to go along with the whole thing so she isn't left behind
  • And finally, set the scene for a new status quo that'll start with the next episode, with Ryuko and Mikisugi going on a road trip to shut down Satsuki's plans, and figure out what to do now that Senketsu is dead - likely get help from other members of Nudist Beach, I think.

It's blatant that the Raid Trip is just a means of getting everyone out of the Academy and setting up something new. Judging from the various aspects, including the Elite Four's new uniforms not being done yet, I don't think they're gonna stay antagonists for long. Something is likely going to go horribly wrong with Satsuki's plans, for once, I'd wager, likely due to her mother.

Speaking of Satsuki's manipulations, she's only really started doing it once she realized that Ryuko is not going away, and she'd might as well make use of her while she can. Before that, Ryuko was actively antagonizing her and basically being a massive pain in the ass.

Satsuki's plan, as I see it:

• Let Ryuko beat up the various club leaders till there's none left, then announce a tournament to establish a new and better hierarchy. (The Fight Club stuff merely accelerated things, and is mostly unrelated.)
  • At the end of the tournament, let her fight the Elite Four, since she and them will be the only ones left standing by default.
  • If Ryuko loses, proceed to step 6.
  • If Ryuko wins, have Shiro Iori analyze the fights and create new and better uniforms for the Elite Four
  • Fight Ryuko herself. If Ryuko wins, well, shit. If she loses, go to step 6. (This part was derailed due to Nui's shenanigans.)
  • Raid Trip!

The Raid Trip was planned well in advance as the end result of the case of what was supposed to be Satsuki winning her duel with Ryuko, it just happens that circumstances enabled Satuki's plans to proceed, with the exception of Ryuko still being around.

Well, that's interesting, though I wonder if Senketsu might be coming back in a whole new form.

I think one of the biggest elephants in the room right now is the question of what exactly are Life Fibers and where do they come from? Though Satsuki has noted that she apparently knows the answers to those questions, at least, and Sexy Sensei probably does as well.

Of course Senkentsu isn't dead, why would the main plot point of the series be wiped out half way through it? Every piece of promotion for this series has senketsu plastered on it, he's clearly coming back in a typical Trigger fashion, with the possibility of an upgrade, which will snap Ryuko out of her stupid reckless phase, and start to amp her up into a force to be reckoned with.

Strictly speaking the series is getting pretty predictable now, but it's not an entirely bad thing as long as they pull off the whole "Phoenix reborn from it's ashes" trope they're going for. I suspect we'll learn more about Senketsu's backstory too, but we're approaching the 180 point of the series where things will likely start going in Ryuko's favour.

Of course Senkentsu isn't dead, why would the main plot point of the series be wiped out half way through it? Every piece of promotion for this series has senketsu plastered on it, he's clearly coming back in a typical Trigger fashion, with the possibility of an upgrade, which will snap Ryuko out of her stupid reckless phase, and start to amp her up into a force to be reckoned with.

Strictly speaking the series is getting pretty predictable now, but it's not an entirely bad thing as long as they pull off the whole "Phoenix reborn from it's ashes" trope they're going for. I suspect we'll learn more about Senketsu's backstory too, but we're approaching the 180 point of the series where things will likely start going in Ryuko's favour.

That didn't stop Kamina from dying ;_;

• Thumbs Up 4

Pretty much. There's a very good chance that Senketsu will either be 'reincarnated', or just not able to be revived.

That didn't stop Kamina from dying ;_;

Kamina_as_he_dies.jpg

You just had to reopen the fucking wounds......sad.png

No but seriously I can`t see them pulling a Kamina here. I can't see how the show would go on without Senketsu. But then again, many thought Gurren Lagann couldn't go on without Kamina....

There are definitely ways that the series can go on without Senketsu, mostly because the show's main "rebellion" faction are an organization that have sworn off the concepts of uniforms in their entirety. The God Clothes themselves represent the most unholy of creations within the world of KLK and those fragments are now in the hands of the enemies.

Hell, Tsumugu could hold his own against Nui without the use of uniforms, and going by Ragyo's get-up it's strongly implied that her body is her "uniform". For the longest time it's been implied that a character has to "bare it all" in order to achieve ultimate power, without being restricted to the bonds of a uniform. This is part of the reason why the world Satsuki has built around her is effectively that of an idealized view of a child - nothing but mere subjugation with the use of tools, with no ultimate goal in sight or fatalities to go with it.

Of course, if the show was actually heading in this direction, we wouldn't begin going down that path this late. It'd have at least cut out all the filler and had this at least six weeks ago. It's all pretty safe honestly.

Tsumugu could barely hold his own against Nui, in their short encounter his tricks and traps only got him so far, and he'd eventually run out, especially when she's immune to his special needle guns, she'd get bored of him running away and just finish him off, so in hindsight I'm glad Satsuki stepped in when she did to shake things up to take the heat off Tsumugu for one.

I honestly can't see the series surviving without Senketsu, especially with the obvious importance to the plot rather than to just make Ryuko strong, there's something that Trigger are holding out for to be the megaton regarding him, despite the whole "clothing is sin" "nude is power" propaganda going on, Ryuko can barely wield her scissor blade in her normal get up, so she wouldn't stand a chance against any one with a Goku uniform, especially since the elite 4 are getting new and improved ones, this means when Ryuko eventually gets Senketsu back, they need to push a serious upgrade on her, or at least stop her being cannon fodder to bat around.

The most obvious path I can think of is Ryuko and Tsumugu attacking the academy whilst Satsuki and the school are on their raid, to recover Senketsu, I mean he's been cut up before, but because he's 100% life fibres, he can easily repair himself, so I'm guessing the next mission is a recover operation if anything.

Ryuko can barely wield her scissor blade in her normal get up, so she wouldn't stand a chance against any one with a Goku uniform

Actually, Ryuko can pretty much hand one-stars their asses any day of the week, and it was shown in the first episode that those guys get a pretty beefy upgrade just from that. Two-stars, she has trouble with by herself, mainly because, unlike Tsumugu, she doesn't have the knowledge and skills to deal with higher-level Goku Uniforms, if she had that kind her skill, her Scissor Blade would be extremely useful. Nui is mainly on a whole different level, which is why Tsumugu actually has trouble with her. We don't even know if Nui is actually wearing life fiber clothing, though her position assumes she does. Even Satsuki doesn't need a Kamui to kick ass, as shown in Episode 2, one strike from her katana actually forces Ryuko to back off and retreat - even if Senketsu wasn't at his peak, that was still damn impressive.

When I said she won't stand a chance against Goku uniforms, I generally meant 2 and higher, as for Nui I don't think she's wearing a Kamui considering she's called "Tailor" in the series, she holds a much higher position than anyone we've seen so far, except maybe Ragyo and Junketsu, I mean I don't really know, but I have a feeling she's not.

Still, Ryuko can't even access her "Decapitation Mode" without Senketsu, so she can't even discard high level Goku uniform users without him, and honestly Satsuki has just been made out to be a beast/unstoppable since Episode one, even as a child she's ridiculously powerful with her sword, I always thought that her katana was the remains of the other part of the scissor blade until that theory was debunked, it's definitely no ordinary sword though, I suspect it's on the Scissor blade's level of craftsmanship. 

Its an interesting thing to point out that Nui is not only the go to girl for more powerful outfits, her outfit is also quite elaborate. I can assume that she too is wearing a powerful outfit, just on a higher tier than most of the other outfits, if not on par with Kamuis. Though she did seem to be afraid of Satsuki who did master her kamui faster than Ryuko and is in more control of it than Ryuko at the time so we'll see.

So, Ryuko's managed to get all but 1 piece of Senketsu back. Well... that was... easy... way too fuckin' easy imo, but there aren't too many episodes left anyway. I just thought it'd be a bit more of a struggle to actually get him back. Anyway so I guess she's gonna be going up against Satsuki next week or something I dunno, from the preview looks like it'll be a quick battle between the money guy and them. But if we do get a battle between those two this early on, I get the feeling the final battle will not be against Satsuki but against Satsuki's mom and Nui.