Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: *Japan Site Update* TGS2013 Trailer, New artwork and more!

Woun

So apparently there are little Achievement like "Missions"? That's what it looks like in the video at the 1:03 mark.

Edited by Plasm Wraith

It looks like there were only 4 Acts per Zone after all (possibly not counting bosses or "mini acts," but whatever, point still stands.

I'm eating some crow.

Hold that thought, i saw another pattern that leads directly to the next Zone above Zone 4's. There could still be more.

So where are people getting that there are only four acts instead of six?

E: Guess I spoke too soon...

Edited by The Deleter

Iizuka sounds so happy talking about SLW. LOL

My geezes this game looks incredible. Exploiting the hell out of Spindashing and parkour is gonna be a blast. Also, can I just say that Tropical Coast's music is amazing, and that I fully support the usage of unique stage gimmicks such as all that we've seen? And can I get a triple whoop WHOOP for missions??!

I'm so excited. Its not my ideal Sonic by any means, but this game is almost overwhelmingly impressive and ambitious. 

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love how they're sticking with that garish 3D Blast life icon btw, it makes no sense why they'd keep using it but i love it.

Note that question mark in the world map near Zone 4. Could be a path to the rest of the Acts. I mean seriously, why in heaven's name would this game only have 4 acts per Zone? SEGA isn't that stupid enough to have four Acts alone, the game would be over in less than an hour. And note that this might not be the final build either. So yeah. 

They did confirm six acts per zones anyway. 

Edited by Black Wisp
  • Thumbs Up 2

Note that question mark in the world map near Zone 4. Could be a path to the rest of the Acts. I mean seriously, why in heaven's name would this game only have 4 acts per Zone? SEGA isn't that stupid enough to have four Acts alone, the game would be over in less than an hour. And note that this might not be the final build either. So yeah. 

They did confirm six acts per zones anyway. 

Not to mention the fact that all the level icons only show the following: the showcased stage with the drill wisp, a fruit stage with the rocket wisp, the grinding stage that takes place underwater and in the mines with no wisp, and a 2D stage with the rocket. That still leaves the underground temple stage with the laser wisp, and the airborne Tiki stage with the drill wisp, unaccounted for.

So if anything, this stream revealed that there are six stages per zone. They're just additional unlockables is all.

Edited by The Deleter

I'm ok with 4 acts for the story mode. I'm almost positive theres extra acts to unlock, plus with missions, and hidden stuff it'll add up to a longer experience.

Seeing the parkour here shows that the belief of this game not having flow was completely false. No surprise there.

The music isn't impressing me  tbh. Its like Sonic Rush Adventure's music was to Rush...the music was good, but the music from the prequel(Colors) was classic.

One thing I'm going to miss is the cool starts at the beginning of each stage that Unleashed/Colors/Generations had. The "Ready? Go!" stretching, running etc just gave Sonic some flair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ2J9qbevfs

That finger point got me hyped every time. In LW they just plop Sonic on the outside of the tube. zzzz.

Edited by thatguyfrom03
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh merciful god... you do control all the wisps with the gamepad's screen.... you lot are really gonna hate that.

And I like how they put the halloween plush (Dracula Sonic) next to Iizuka on the pannel.

You also forgot the best gif of the night.

iizuka-says-come-and-have-a-go-if-you-th

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm impressed with that footage if only for one thing - they've certainly tightened up the performance of the game. I remember in earlier previews and even in the SoS demo that when loading up a level and the zone name appeared, the framerate dropped a bit, and also the transitions in and out of using a Wisp were much more clunky than they are now. It's good to see that things are running much more smoothly and also that it's clear on screen what you're meant to do.

Tropical Coast itself looks gorgeous, definitely looking forward to playing that level. I'm really liking the slower pace that Lost World is taking, it's a shame to have all these big stages and then blast through them in the blink of an eye. My only worry remains with the controls for the Wisps, but I won't be able to judge that properly until the game comes out.

So apparently there are little Achievement like "Missions"? That's what it looks like in the video at the 1:03 mark.

Yeah. Perhaps this game is bringing back Mission Mode.

Oh merciful god... you do control all the wisps with the gamepad's screen.... you lot are really gonna hate that.

And I like how they put the halloween plush (Dracula Sonic) next to Iizuka on the pannel.

You also forgot the best gif of the night.

iizuka-says-come-and-have-a-go-if-you-th

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!

Well, we already know the GamePad (i.e gyro, fouch, etc) controls are optional.

Might not be for all of them, PSI. 

I'm thinking Laser is the worst of the bunch (no one seems to be able to use it right, and the trouble is definitely not player error), and the rest will vary somewhat, but will mostly be playable. I dunno. None of the other known applications of Color Powers seem all that taxing to me. But again, we'll see. 

Edited by edvedd

So I'm listening to the stream again and I can't hear the boss music everyone is talking about, unless they're referring to that third remix of Desert Ruins?

So I'm listening to the stream again and I can't hear the boss music everyone is talking about, unless they're referring to that third remix of Desert Ruins?

It is, if you listen carefully, you'll notice its a ''desert'' remix of that theme from the Deadly Six trailer

I miss the themed Egg pawns from Colours. Seeing a camouflaged Egg Pawn in Silent Forest, or an Egg Pawn in a suit and top hat holding a cane in Frozen Factory would have been great. I'm not sure what Tropical Coast could be though, since I don't particularly want to see an Egg Pawn in a bikini, thank you very much

• Thumbs Up 1

It is, if you listen carefully, you'll notice its a ''desert'' remix of that theme from the Deadly Six trailer

mmmm... why didn't I notice that before?! Guess I got caught up in the style that I forgot to listen to the melody itself. Bad Indigo. Bad.

I miss the themed Egg pawns from Colours. Seeing a camouflaged Egg Pawn in Silent Forest, or an Egg Pawn in a suit and top hat holding a cane in Frozen Factory would have been great. I'm not sure what Tropical Coast could be though, since I don't particularly want to see an Egg Pawn in a bikini, thank you very much

An Egg Pawn in a bikini would be ideal. :P But really, I'd expect something like this:

5d9bf5423e4aa28a96fd53bca5f1ae54.gif

I was under the impression you could choose to control Wisps like the Eagle with the control stick, or am I wrong?

You could control the Laser Wisp in the SoS demo with the analogue stick and buttons (not that you'd know without experimenting), we don't know yet about other alternate Wisp controls unless it's been mentioned somewhere and I've missed it.

That's a good question. The player never really interacted with it, so we don't know for sure. Most likely it'll act like any other wall, but it's possible that you can't climb it as well.

Shame. I would have loved to just trot on into the water and be in an underwater section. That's the kind of trippy game design I was expecting out of SLoW.

Well that would kind of defeat the purpose of it, wouldn't it? "Oh no, looks like I'm drowning again, better move a couple feet to the left." No searching for bubbles, no feverishly trying to escape the water before you drown. You're not supposed to want to go into the water! How are we supposed to instill fear in a new generation of gamers now?!?!?!

That weird robot ball thing is just so out of place though. I'm half surprised Zik doesn't ride on that instead of the giant fruit.

... That would be fairly interesting, actually. Maybe you'd have to evade him as he chases after you until it explodes and stuns him? And then you have to attack him before he gets up and grabs another ball?

What happens if you touch the water? Does Sonic just drown, or does it act like a wall? (presumably unclimbable)

The latter. You can see when he's steering around the big, mechanical ball that Sonic jumped in that he ran against the water but couldn't enter. I'm assuming the same would happen with just Sonic.

Also is it just me, or do this wisps' powers run out faster in this game than in Colors/Generations? I feel the drill (and especially the asteroid wisp @ Gamescom) ran out way too fast to be able to comfortably explore and play with them.