Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

*reads slowly through the second paragraph*

Wowwwwwww. And to think I used to be a full on supporter of Microsoft after Sony's disastrous PS3 reveal. Wtf Microsoft, you haven't changed at all have you?

Oh and btw I own a PS3 because I know there's still games being released on that console (plus there's a whole backlog of games I still have yet to play) and I'm not interested in buying a PS4 anytime soon, not before more games come out for it that interest me. My Xbox360 is collecting dust because you fools are not focusing on the console like Sony are with the PS3 and with that stupid comment of yours I think I've changed my mind about buying an Xbone now. Thanks a lot Microsoft! *drops mic*

Even if it wasn't for those reasons the PS4 would still outsell the Xbox One because it had much more hype behind it then the hate train the Xboner had before it's launch. 

Wow, I was happy Microsoft finally did something that was pretty smart, but then they go and pull something like this? What were they hoping to get out of saying something like that? It sounds like something a mindless Microsoft fanboy would say. But to here this from the company itself? I lost some respect for them.

Remember, this is an interview that Microsoft investors will read. Forbes, not IGN or Gamespot. This isn't corporate arrogance targeted at Sony. It's PR spin to try to deflate the system not meeting expectations.

And it could be much worse. Microsoft is at least trying to spin it. The Xbone was overpriced as hell, but they didn't do the Sony "we want people to work harder to afford it" (which, to be fair, was also an investor interview); and it's not particularly difficult to find one that has sat forever but they didn't go all "if you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America on store shelves, I'll pay you double the price for it" (which absolutely was not an investor interview).

• Thumbs Up 4

• 3 weeks later...

What the fuck, another one? Motorsport 5 hasn't even been out for a full year yet! blink.png

• Thumbs Up 1

What the fuck, another one? Motorsport 5 hasn't even been out for a full year yet! blink.png

Gotta milk that franchise!

It's like how there's been a Halo game of some sorts every year for the past five years.

To get the hype rolling?

If you announce something barebones that people like, you can guarantee that they'll be more interested in watching the conference. And might like something else shown as well.

I liked the original Horizon, and while I'll watch to see what this one is all about, I don't think it will be making me get an XB1 like I got the X360 for the original, especially as I can buy this one on the X360.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thats some arrogance. but tornado has the nail on the head, this wasn't meant for us to read (IE Gamers) its for suits who don't know better. as for me, I'm waiting until the Halo 2 Anniversary announcement to start planning and waiting for the rest of the bugs and features to be implemented into the XBO, which should take about until the end of the year.

Gotta milk that franchise!

It's like how there's been a Halo game of some sorts every year for the past five years.

If you're counting spinoffs and remakes, main series is still 3 years development hell be glad 343i didn't go with their original idea of turning a new main series halo game every year like COD, look how bad COD is thanks to that I'm happy with spinoffs so long as it keeps the main series from being a yearly thing.

I wonder how Insomniac ever managed the outrageous funds and resources to pull that off. Truly next-gen is here.

• Thumbs Up 4

Guys, stop picking on Ubisoft. You don't know the pain and suffering they have to go through to god forbid add a female character to the game! Oh, woe is our lives, all for a single female protagonist! Oh what a world!

Yeah but seriously Ubisoft's excuse for no female leads does speak to me in that way. Somebody could make a game with a female lead in just a day. It's not that hard at all. Granted, chances are it would be a shitty game due to the period of development but it's not like Ubisoft doesn't publish crap sometimes.

Japanese Retailer: “Xbox One Day One Edition Sold Out in No Time;” Major Retailers Offer Discounts
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/22/japanese-retailer-xbox-one-day-one-edition-sold-out-in-no-time-major-retailers-offer-discounts/

Seems Xbox One is doing well in Japan so far. One popular store's sold out of Day One editions and it's 1st and 2nd place on the pre-order charts of major retailers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, that was...amazingly unexpected. I would actually laugh if it sells better than the PS4 over there.

Wow, thats cool. really I'm impressed, hopefully it does better then the 360 did in japan.

inb4 they only stocked 300 units =V

But seriously though, I find the lack of an actual number of units sold pretty suspicious.

• Thumbs Up 7

inb4 they only stocked 300 units =V

But seriously though, I find the lack of an actual number of units sold pretty suspicious.

Exactly. As like what you said they could have stocked like 10,000 units and they got sold out.

The PlayStation brand is way too strong for Xbox to overcome in Japan, so there's virtually no way XONE is going to sell better than PS4.

But I'm not going to deny that XONE can be better than 360 was over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of those Xbox One consoles were bought for the sake of Scalebound. Can't say I blame them tho'.

• 3 weeks later...