Awoo.

Xbox One Discussion

Remy

3rd party is going to come out on PS4/Xbox One/PC either way. A big focus on first party IP is a good thing.

Let's just not do what Sony did last year with their E3. Awful.

Sony didn't even do anything bad last E3, but it was underwhelming. Awful is a huge stretch though. Anyway, great to hear that MS is focusing on first party games, I'm guessing we will see more of Halo 5, Forza, and Quantum Break as well as Rise Of The Tomb Raider and a couple of new games.

Sony didn't even do anything bad last E3,

Maybe I'm talking about the wrong E3 (year before?), but when half your conference is talking about sales then I can say it's awful. No gamer watches E3 to watch a business man tell him how great the company is doing.

Not sure what E3 that was, but I don't remember half of the conference last year or the year before being dedicated to that. Usually Sony just talk about it for a couple to a few minutes anyway. I'm pretty sure that if anyone else was in the lead, they would do the same thing as well.

From what I can remember, Sony's E3 conference last year not only went on for far too long but the last hour or so was all about Sony Pictures and their line up of movies and it was BORING. AS. HELL. The guy who presented it was an awful speaker too, kept stuttering and shit ugh. I hope they don't repeat the same thing this year.

Anyway, great to hear that MS is focusing on first party games, I'm guessing we will see more of Halo 5, Forza, and Quantum Break as well as Rise Of The Tomb Raider and a couple of new games.

Don't forget Scalebound!!

What Gabz said: plus, considering Aria is getting released on May, i'm fully expecting Killer Instinct's Season 3 to get announced at E3 (Tusk, Kim-Wu and a couple more new characters).

Couple that with updates on D4, Phantom Dust and Quantum Break plus expectations of new announcements, and Microsoft's conference may have a lot of potential this year.

• Thumbs Up 3

I know this isn't XBO related but:

Xbox 360 Update Adds 2 TB (2,000 GB) Hard Drive Support and More (Gamespot)

Holy hell!

First off its about time they did this, all we wanted was Ex-HDD support past 32GBs and that limit is more and then some.

Second, this will probably mean good things for the XBO in the future when 4TB and 5TB drives become a normal thing.

Third......I Just wasted $80 on a 250GB 360 HDD when I could've bought a 1TB and waited a month. <_<

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm kind of confused why, if they enabled that, they didn't just do the same for internal drives. Sell the enclosure things at some stupid markup, tell people that original Xbox games won't work unless you buy a Microsoft HDD and you're good to go.

I'm thinking the old Xbox 360s would be the reason why, they can sell exclusive drives to the "S" and "E" models but if they mandate the size upgrade it would kill a good lot of the older 360 population who still have Jasper and Falcon units.

But production could be a factor too, its cheaper to update the firmware to accept External HDDs then to make and produce new XB360 HDDs. they may be stopping production on HDDs soon too.

uPGpDnx.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/K3uFC

It actually gets worse.

Witcher 2 looks better and that came out 4 fucking years ago. What the fuck is this? This can't be due to the PS4 and X1 because Witcher 2 was on the 360 and PS3.

Errr I think need to see more screenshots before we start panicking about this being Watch Dog'd and stuff. I've heard PS4 version looks gorgeous, so maybe it's only an Xbox One problem?

I would not be surprised if modders manage to find settings hidden in the game files that make the game look a hell of a lot better, like what happened with Watch Dogs. That's a huge downgrade though, it almost looks last gen (actually, sans the resolution, you could probably stretch to saying that it does look last gen).

Errr I think need to see more screenshots before we start panicking about this being Watch Dog'd and stuff. I've heard PS4 version looks gorgeous, so maybe it's only an Xbox One problem?

Nope, one of those shots in the link is PC at ultra.

The imgur link he posted is an album of screenshots.

Oh right, I didn't notice that. Man that is a downgrade then. I mean it still looks nice but...what happened? 

Let's hope they find settings in the PC version to make the game look amazing again. XP

The One's May Update is out. Here's a summary of the new stuff.

• Voice Messages – Starting today, you can now send and receive voice messages from the Xbox One messages app. This is the No. 1 feature requested in the Friends and Parties area on the Xbox Feedback site > “Add audio message …” Quickly and easily record audio to send to your friends or others through your snapped messages app, accessed through a simple quick double tap of the Xbox button. Additionally, voice messages can be exchanged between Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles.

• Power On/Off from Xbox One SmartGlass – The Xbox One SmartGlass app for Windows, Windows Phone, iOS and Android are being updated to let you power your Xbox One on and off when your devices are on the same home network as your console. This feature request has more than 4,000 votes on the Xbox Feedback site.

• User Selectable Power Mode – We are also altering the initial setup experience on Xbox One worldwide to enable you to select your preferred power mode. Instant-on enables you to use the “Xbox on” voice command and receive background updates to console, game and app updates. Energy-saving mode is a low power state that requires you to press the Xbox button on your console to start up your Xbox One. For additional information, see this post on Xbox Wire.

• Dedicated Servers for Party Chat – Back in March, we enabled dedicated chat relay servers for Xbox One preview members to solve NAT traversal issues that prevented some people from being able to use party chat. Over the coming weeks, we will start to expand the availability of the party chat relay services beyond preview members to a broader audience as we continue to fine tune the feature and scale out the servers needed to support party chat relay services.

I mean, if you break the NDA then this is what you signed up for. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't connect said content with your fucking accounts then, dolts.

The problem being they uploaded it on an Xbox clips site that clearly links to your gamertag. these morons must've had been 12 or something I can't see a coheriant adult being this sloppy.

Disable notifications, DVR said content on your Xbox, disconnect the xbox from the internet and replay the video while rerecording the video on a video capture program on your computer, crop the video and blur anything that would link back to you then encode it in an HD format and then leak it on a #chan website.

Thats how you properly leak something now a days without getting your ass in trouble, god leakers are getting lazy its all about the "I did it first" game when it doesn't matter because you can't even brag about it plublicly.

• 4 weeks later...

The new non-bundled 1TB Xbox One console with the - ̗̀new ̖́- Xbox One Controller.

Neat, about time they added the headphone jack, seriously this felt like the whole 360 headset fiasco from ages ago

So how much is that 1TB sweetness?

Okay, the 1TB is $399, but the 500GB seems to run alongside it and got dropped to $349 and is permanantly dropped.

They also unveiled a wireless dongle for PC users.

Source.