Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

On the day he is (not) revealed, I will quote this and type "THEPACISBACK" 89 times in a row I promise you this thing.

Not if I get there first!

• Thumbs Up 1

But of course! I'll take Pac-Man too, love the character loads even if I wish he still had his classic/World design. But man.. he ain't no Klonoa.

Agreed with both, I wouldn't mind Pac at all, but if they told me I could pick any Namco character, that would definitely be Klonoa, and he fits sooo well with all the other characters in Smash. I'd kill to see Sonic vs Klonoa tongue.png  but hey at the very least if neither Pac or Klonoa get in at least we got Megs and Sonic right? right? ...guys? ( no ... but seriously a Mario vs Sonic vs Megaman match will be the first thing I'll try to do ... after unlocking them I guess.) 

Subliminal Pac, 87 more to go

:P Just kidding ~

Well you can't BOTH do it! >:U

Regarding the rumour,

I think I'd be a bit underwhelmed if Snake came back, but I wouldn't be against it, either. Pac-Man...could be cool. I used to not really be for it, but eh, giving it some more thought it doesn't sound like a bad inclusion. Somehow, I don't think Sakurai would base Pac off of Ghostly Adventures, at least if it's up to him...

I would be fine if that leak is turns out to be true for the most part. However I question how legit it is, because some of these seem very hard to believe.

Daisy not even considered... ouch. I mean, yeah. She hasn't been in an Mario Adventure titles since Super Mario Land, and but still... ouch, mang. Also, I'm still hoping that Sakurai looked into the eshop titles and put Dillon in, but oh well if this leak turns out to be is true.  Well Lil' Mac and Chrom would be in then so I wouldn't have much to complain about.

Snake returning seems like a stretch though. Even more than Ridley or Pac-Man. Crazy things have happened in Smash, but I just can't believe this until I see it. I wouldn't mind Pac-Man though.

On the day he is (not) revealed, I will quote this and type "THEPACISBACK" 89 times in a row I promise you this thing.

Azookara-dono... Indigo-sama... We shall meet at dawn, gentlemen...

I like Pacman a lot, but Klonoa would be cool too, just cos I wanna see Klonoa and Sonic duke it out. XP

Anyway,

some of the characters revealed sound plausible, except Snake and King K. Rool. Snake because he'll look

even more out of place than before, and K. Rool because...I don't know, I just can't imagine Sakurai putting him in the game. And four DK reps? Bit much no?

=S

Well.. Nintendo seems to be really proud of Donkey Kong as of late. So who knows!

And what if there's a secret Big Bad at the end of Tropical Freeze ifyaknowwhatimsaying BV

• Thumbs Up 4

Well.. Nintendo seems to be really proud of Donkey Kong as of late. So who knows!

And what if there's a secret Big Bad at the end of Tropical Freeze ifyaknowwhatimsaying BV

"Big" Bad? Why would Ridley be the final boss in a Donkey Kong game?

• Thumbs Up 8

Though to be absolutely honest I'd dig it so hard if K. Rool and Ridley made it into Smash. Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, Dedede, K Rool.. the big bads are all here and ready to rumble. Aww sheit man I dig it so hard.

• Thumbs Up 7

I would die (in a good way) if Groose was revealed as a playable character.

Assist trophy is more likely, tho'. Groosenator shoots stuff at other fighters or something.

You're right. I don't. And for good reason.

A new Smash Bros. is definitely something that is hard to ignore and I'm sure that it'll be enjoyable to some extent but looking at Melee and Brawl in retrospect as well as what we've seen of the game currently leave me a little apprehensive. The game doesn't really look like a substantial upgrade from Brawl to me, in all honesty. I was hoping for some more meaningful system changes and not just shit like "We removed dumb RNG tripping factor."

Characters such as Bowser are luckily getting some sort of extra attention and touching up, but it doesn't look like this is being done for every character. The time and the effort (once again) seems to be almost entirely focused on the new characters and that's cool, but what about the people who aren't jumping for joy at any of these new characters? What do they have to look forward to that is fresh and new in the new Smash Bros.?

I'm pretty sure that Sakurai said that he's prioritizing the return of older characters as well, so we might end up having largely the same roster. Characters like Toon Link, Wolf and Ganondorf included. Lame.

I just kinda expected more, you know?

Yeah I know what you mean. There's nothing really standing out as new or exciting outside of the newcomers tbh. The game doesn't feel as big of a step forward like Melee or Brawl. Unless they've been yet to be revealed, there's no new gameplay mechanics or anything.

It'll probably come off as nitpicking but even the title of the game, Super Smash Bros for Wii-U/3DS just sounds lazy and generic. There's tons of names to pick from like Super Smash Bros. Rumble, Super Smash Bros. Universe, etc. What if other developers started calling their games like that, Infamous for PS4. Zelda for Wii-U. Batman for PS3/Xbox 360/PC.

It's not that I don't dislike the game. I know it's gonna be good, and I know I'm gonna have a ton of fun playing it. It's just, like the other games I guess I expected this one to take a leap forward, instead of just a step.

And as for that rumor, if it is true this would be the roster

chWQccn.png

It's a good enough roster for me I guess. Already got the main characters I want in the game, King. K Rool, Ridley, Pac-Man, Palutena, and Dixie.

Groose with Groosenator throwing bombs at players as an assist sounds awesome!!! Neat idea :3  but yeah, I can only see him as assist trophy and nothing more.

Do you guys think we'll get a Link Between Worlds reference somewhere? besides stickers and trophies? like a stage on 3DS or Assist trophy? 

I'm not so sure about R.O.B, to me, he was lame, Even Mr.game & Watch was better than him. At least R.O.B's moveset wasn't all that.

Do you guys think we'll get a Link Between Worlds reference somewhere? besides stickers and trophies? like a stage on 3DS or Assist trophy? 

I'd be surprised if there isn't any trophies or (if they're returning?) stickers with LBW characters, not only because it's the most recent Zelda game but because of the game's very positive reception.

Honestly, my biggest question mark with that list is NO handheld only/primarily newcomers... you would think with this being the first one with a portable version, you would add one or two reps from that system, and no new old school newcomers, Sakurai has done a new one since Melee(well actualy TWO in melee), makes no sense that he wouldnt have one up his sleeve for this one, even if I have no idea who it would be..... Still think Issac has a good bet in regards to handhelds

I'd be surprised if there isn't any trophies or (if they're returning?) stickers with LBW characters, not only because it's the most recent Zelda game but because of the game's very positive reception.

Exactly, but do you think we could get something beyond that? namely assist or stage ? cause a playable

Yuga or Ravio

would be too much, but there could be a possibility we get an assist, although its a very slim chance.

Am I the only one that hates that Gerudo Valley stage? I sorta hope most of the stages shown in earlier trailers are W.I.P. or just placeholders, cause Spirit Tracks is fine in my opinion, it represents the "Toon Link" series, but Gerudo just looks like an unfinished product or a placeholder. Same goes for that Nintendogs stage

Well if Super Smash U is getting 3 Zelda stages,(which is pretty likely if you ask me) I would hope 3DS would also get three. Ocarina of Time and Spirit Tracks are already getting stages, so if we were to get a third, I would hope ALBW also gets one. Perhaps the front of the castle, and it switches from the Hyrule version to the Lorule one? And it could have some of the characters from the game could make appearances perhaps?

Again this is if Zelda even gets a 3rd stage in the Wii U version, so I'm not trying to get anyone's hopes up.

Yeah I know what you mean. There's nothing really standing out as new or exciting outside of the newcomers tbh. The game doesn't feel as big of a step forward like Melee or Brawl. Unless they've been yet to be revealed, there's no new gameplay mechanics or anything.

It'll probably come off as nitpicking but even the title of the game, Super Smash Bros for Wii-U/3DS just sounds lazy and generic. There's tons of names to pick from like Super Smash Bros. Rumble, Super Smash Bros. Universe, etc. What if other developers started calling their games like that, Infamous for PS4. Zelda for Wii-U. Batman for PS3/Xbox 360/PC.

It's not that I don't dislike the game. I know it's gonna be good, and I know I'm gonna have a ton of fun playing it. It's just, like the other games I guess I expected this one to take a leap forward, instead of just a step.

Yeah, I would at least like it if we got some more technical techniques that each character could do along with some character specific moves like say for example Samus has her morph ball crawl, mario can change what his Standard special is by taunting (fire flower/ice flower/tail whip, etc.) and maybe implement some more fighting mechanics to the game like in between standard combo smash attacks.

Not one to go on supposed leaks, especially on Smash Bros, but I'd be pretty down with this roster if it actually did happen. All my favs return (if Wolf returns them homigosh), and there's plenty of new ones I'd be excited to try like Little Mac, King K Rool, etc. While I'm not a fan of Pac man, I certainly don't mind him being there, since hey it's another character to play as for more experience. My main "really, no way lawl" would be Ridley, completely for the purpose that he seems rejected so much that my mind can't fathom him actually being a character anymore lmao.

Fun to speculate and shits I guess, just not holding my breath.

Which Link? I mean would it fit Toon Link better as he probably is the closest to ALBW Link in terms of visual,style and feel, or Link due to the placement in the timeline? Or maybe both?:P