Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Just saw some videos of the 150cc, and wow the item balance really is out of whack. I am not looking forward to the 150cc.

You shouldn't really get the coin item if you're maxed out, I hope there's a patch for it or something. It wouldn't really matter if your coins still counted if you collect past 10 so you can still unlock shit, but they DON'T so what's the fucking point in giving me 5 coins in a row when I already have 10!?

• Thumbs Up 1

They don't do anything when you're maxed out though, which is pretty likely on first place..

Don't coins in general boost your speed?

Yeah, but a small speed boost won't matter when 500 red shells are coming your way. It's not a bad item when you get it one time in first while only holding 8-9 coins, but sometimes you get it 4-5 times in a row while holding max coins. That's the real problem with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

>In first place

>Gang-raped by five different items at once

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME

Uhhh...like every other Mario Kart game? XP

Seriously though it's like every time a new Mario Kart comes out, I hear the exact same complaints and they're mostly all related to items and Blue Shells.

Uhhh...like every other Mario Kart game? XP

Seriously though it's like every time a new Mario Kart comes out, I hear the exact same complaints and they're mostly all related to items and Blue Shells.

Who said I was complaining?

Who said I was complaining?

FUCK YEAH. I LOVE GETTING PUMMELED BY ITEMS WHILE IN FIRST.

Is anyone else bothered by the lack of a statistics screen? They've always had them in the past, why did they just suddenly stop that now?

I think the best strategy is to keep a strong item (like the lighting) way to the first place, then use it.

Just saw some videos of the 150cc, and wow the item balance really is out of whack. I am not looking forward to the 150cc.

What do you mean?

@Gabz isn't that a pretty legit complaint though?

Lmao Waluigi and Wario have the best things to say, they always make me smirk.

• Thumbs Up 4

If I was to suggest a patch, it'd be once you have max coins, getting a coin item becomes very rare.  That way, it's important for the person in 1st place to collect coins (thus not necessarily being able to perfectly screech round every corner to the inch) if they want the ability to defend themselves.

Could someone give me the SSMB group codes, please? Maybe they should be added to the OP.

Yeah, they should. I've been wanting to find it out for a while now.

Just for the record, if anyone else needs them down the line, I've added the link to the post with the codes into my signature if you need to find it quickly for a friend.

I've also added this suggestion to said post:

Remember, you can use these just to have random non-ranked games at any time outside of the allocated active times.  However, since they use the same rules, I'd discourage the idea of using the Weekly one for this purpose.  That way people aren't having to take a gamble on one or the other to get a random non-ranked game going - all non-ranked games can be in one place, on the Daily tourney.  Naturally, feel free to jump across to the Daily tourney on Saturday/Sunday during the hour that ranking is active.

FUCK YEAH. I LOVE GETTING PUMMELED BY ITEMS WHILE IN FIRST.

Where's the fun in playing the game if I don't get the urge to ram my controller through my television? What else am I supposed to look for in a game?

• Thumbs Up 3

Really I feel the item balance is a double edged sword. It's nowhere near as frantic as Mario Kart Wii or 7, so it's better if you're in first, but worse if you're lower down the pack, since you won't get as many good items to get yourself up the pack. In that way it rewards driving skill. IDK, I haven't had too much of a problem getting stuff to defend myself from Red and Green shells, you just need to hold on to the item once you get it. 

The game is really fun at 100cc...150cc though, wow, prepare to get sick from stress.

Isn't this, like, every Mario kart though. 
  • Thumbs Up 2

The game is really fun at 100cc...150cc though, wow, prepare to get sick from stress.

Just like every Mario Kart. At least it's no where near the level of MK Wii. XD

Mount Wario is too godlike. I'm attempting to get an amazing time in Time Trial mode for this exciting track.

Honestly, the super horn is not even rare.

Ya know what item is rare? The fire flower. I barely see or get that power up. I wish it showed up more.

Tell me how I got super horn 3 times in a row in first place?

I really hate the coin power up but it hasn't showed up that much for me. I never gotten two coins in a row.

But the one thing I hate about it is when you get the coin power up on the last set of boxes. Either left open on the final stretch or have no hope of catching up on the final stretch.

So now I'm getting better, much better, the CPU's are not that hard. Its just luck with some items like getting shocked right at the ramp or blue shell.

What's hard is getting 3 star rank. I mostly get 2 but getting 3 is gonna be frustrating.

I get perfect on the first three races but for some reason something goes wrong on the last lap of the last race. UGH

Still having fun though this game is great!

• Thumbs Up 1

Tell me how I got super horn 3 times in a row in first place?

You appreciate your horns young man that is literally the best item to have when you're in first place.

• Thumbs Up 5

Anyone else have a fear of Green Shells now,m the CPU's are freaking sniping kings man.

Hah, but I'm enjoying playing Online a lot, love chaos. through the item balance can be a little bizarre at times, like getting a single green shel in close to last or getting a Star in second or 3rd.

• Thumbs Up 1

Word of warning, the two pages of "Recent" reels on the MKTV menu are cross-profile.  Mollfie has some of mine on hers.  So don't count on the auto-saving of the most recent 12 races to go back to a replay later if you have multiple players on one system.  Make sure to favourite an important one with + button on the race results screen.

I got this game today, utterly loving it. I stuck with Mario and the standard parts... Until I unlocked the Sports Coupe, which looks bloody awesome. I'm using Rosalina with it, and I'm also using the Slick wheels with it. It's lacking in acceleration and grip and has average handling stats, but it is heavy as fuck and in the top rank in speed. I am in LOVE with this car.

But, yeah, after wiping the floor with 50cc, I'm loving this game so far.

Almost got 3 Star rank on everything. Only have Mirror Mushroom and Special cups to go. It's not all that difficult in this game actually. Just need to get good. Once you're in first and have an item trailing behind you or a Super Horn in hand the CPU can't touch you. Just requires getting good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why haven't Nintendo added a brief period of invincibility after every time you get hit? Seriously. The moment that the 'hurt' animation is over, you can get pummelled by more attacks or other drivers co dashing into you without having a second to recover. I find that to be a pretty nasty problem that they just don't seem to want to fix. It would practically solve the problem of getting endlessly pummelled, cause it's not uncommon to get hit by a shell, then have a barrage of other racers hit you, get attacked again and then fall off of the course. And there's nothing you can do to prevent that.

The Mario Kart™ experience only on Wii U