Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

At this point, it would be more interesting to find a mixed or even outright negative review (that isn't written by a moron who's uncomfortable with letting out his inner child). This is of course basically impossible. Nobody would be able to do such a thing without getting eaten alive by fans.

• Thumbs Up 3

At the same time, I think it would be interesting to have a negative review written by a person who had genuinely good reasons to give it low marks, lol.

• Thumbs Up 7

I have to admit the game looks like a lot of fun.

I've never played a Mario game before, so I'm very tempted to buy SM3DW.  

Edited by -Bender-

Docking a point because Bowser is the villain is one of the most hilarious things I have read in any review.

I didn't read the review.

You are joking, right? Please tell me you are joking. That really is the worlds stupidest reason to dock points from a Mario game if that is true. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Docking a point because Bowser is the villain is one of the most hilarious things I have read in any review.

Wait wat. Have these guys ever played a Mario game before? WTF did you expect? XD

I've never been a big Mario fan. I enjoyed the classics, but never got into the Gamecube or N64 titles. I even (gasp!) am not crazy for the Galaxy titles, mainly because of the control scheme.

Having said all that, 3D Land on 3DS was the Mario game where it all clicked and I finally truly enjoyed a Mario title. So I am very much looking forward to 3D World. First Mario game I'll ever buy new and on release.

Okay I just trad their review and I take my last post back

Any criticism they get for that review is completely justified

As much as I'd love to see a different Big Bad one of these days in the main Mario series, I can't see taking points off over that. Story in general, however...yeah.

I even (gasp!) am not crazy for the Galaxy titles, mainly because of the control scheme.

I'll back you up here, man. I like Galaxy but it always felt...awkward to me, more so than 64 and Sunshine even. The gravity stuff didn't help. Still wish the game supported other control methods, but oh well. I imagine this game will be a lot more comfortable for me.

Really crazy to see how far this game has come since E3. Most were unimpressed and now we see this game getting damn near perfect scores. Looking forward to picking this up on Friday.

• Thumbs Up 6

Wait wat. Have these guys ever played a Mario game before? WTF did you expect? XD

Maybe Eggman being the bad guy is the reason why Sonic games have been getting low scores. rolleyes.gif

• Thumbs Up 4

*nevermind this post*

Edited by MegasonicZX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdc5ZgvFLkc

One of the more wide open areas of the game. That pop in is gross

Why does every god damn Wii-U 3d platformer have to have this problem? First SLW and now this. I hope this kind of pop-in isn't too prevalent through the rest of the game

Edited by Chaos Warp

At GameRankings, Super Mario 3D World, as I am typing this, is already in the "All Time Best" category of the aggregate game review site, charting at #33 #41 at 94.22%, based on 25 reviews.

For those keeping the score back home, the only three higher-rated games are the Galaxy duology (Super Mario Galaxy / #1 / 97.64% / 78 reviews;  Super Mario Galaxy 2 / #3 / 97.35% / 56 reviews), and Super Mario 64 (#8 / 96.41% / 22 reviews).

EDIT: I miscounted.

Edited by Gabe Scrooge

it happens in like a fraction of a second that I can't really bring myself to care

Edited by Soniman

Why does every god damn Wii-U 3d platformer have to have this problem? First SLW and now this. I hope this kind of pop-in isn't too prevalent through the rest of the game

Because SLW and Mario 3D World is "every" platformer game on the Wii U...

• Thumbs Up 2

Because SLW and Mario 3D World is "every" platformer game on the Wii U...

Yeah. It's only 2 out of  3.

lol

Seriously though, I've seen games with waaay less going on that didn't have it that bad. I just found it kinda weird.

Edited by Smoky Progg
  • Thumbs Up 1