Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

http://i.imgur.com/H44mMIL.png

IGN Screencap leak. Shows slight spoiler but it's not like it wasn't obvious in the first place. The negative is the 4 player camera, which honestly was expected.

9.6/10

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I kinda figured the camera thing would drag the multiplayer down, at least a little.

Wouldn't be a problem if it was online.

It says "Four Player" camera so I'm not sure if that means multiplayer or that it just gets hectic with 4 players. On the positives, it says COOP is amazing so I'm not sure.

It says "Four Player" camera so I'm not sure if that means multiplayer or that it just gets hectic with 4 players. On the positives, it says COOP is amazing so I'm not sure.

Everybody being on the same screen is the problem. The multiplayer itself being hectic is fine but when you're losing track of your character because the camera is centered on some nonspecific point that's a problem. The Wii U was perfectly capable of fixing this but you can't actually use three gamepads (was a reason ever actually given for this or was it just a major oversight on Nintendo's part)

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Great first score. Let's hope this becomes a trend. If the main issue is supposedly the camera in 4 player (which in not completely surprised about) then honestly that's fantastic news.

http://i.imgur.com/H44mMIL.png

IGN Screencap leak. Shows slight spoiler but it's not like it wasn't obvious in the first place. The negative is the 4 player camera, which honestly was expected.

9.6/10

Meh, it got lower than both Galaxy games. I may cancel my preorder.

Edited by canderson
  • Thumbs Up 2

I really wish I wasn't so mad about Spoiler being playable and Wario not.

I even LIKE Spoiler.  She's one of my favorite Mario characters.  I'll probably main her after I unlock her (unless she has some retarded gimmick like Nabbit in NSLU).

But, for some reason, I'm super pissed.  I hate it, but I am.

• Thumbs Up 1

Only a week left. 

I was expected that certain character to playable ever since I saw the main group artwork.

Only a week left. 

I was expected that certain character to playable ever since I saw the main group artwork.

2 weeks for us EU folk.  Of course we get the more awesome 3D platformer later and the worse one earlier :V

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah I reread that bit and I guess I misread it. Just talking about how it was important sh be a black cat for some reason

Switching the spin and the cat moves sounds really annoying, though. Not because they're replacing the moves, but which moves are being swapped. When you have one ability that provides lift and another that pounces straight downwards there's going to be a lot of Damn You, Muscle Memory going on.

Also, what if she has any other abilities like the Fire Flower or the Boomerang suit? Does she just shoot them and spin at the same time?

I don't see why not. Didn't Mario do the same in Galaxy with the Fire Flower?

It's been a while.

I'm guessig they figured the climbing would make a "double jump" redundant. *shrug*

That's an adorable reason for the stamps~

If I recall correctly, Mario didn't spin with the fire flower, he just did a throwing motion with a cool fire effect.

It's been long enough since I played them that I don't remember the exact behavior of the move, but I do remember for a fact that the Galaxy games combined the fireball ability with the default spin move, leading to Mario spinning as he threw fireballs.

Presumably, Cat Rosalina loses her spin move because it's simply not compatible with the cat powers. Projectiles can be mixed into the spin, and the Tanooki Suit already had a spin attack in the first place. The Cat Suit is the only power up that seems to genuinely contradict the spin.

2 weeks for us EU folk.  Of course we get the more awesome 3D platformer later and the worse one earlier :V

You did happen to get Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Pikmin 3, and the Wonderful 101 before us North Americans. You deserved it though, you always got games last anyway. :I

• Thumbs Up 2

I even LIKE Spoiler.  She's one of my favorite Mario characters.  I'll probably main her after I unlock her (unless she has some retarded gimmick like Nabbit in NSLU).

I like Comet Hair, I really do. It doesn't surprise me since we saw her Flying Observatory in the background, and it beats another Toad recolor any day of the week (because how many times does Nintendo let us play with girls in mainstream Mario games?)

So, first dibs on her.

But the part of me that is disappointed is exactly like you said; why her instead of Wario or even in this case Waluigi? I mean Wario has been with the series much longer and was with us for Mario 64 DS (which was surprising and refreshing.)

Also what the hell would the color of his cat suit be if Comet Hair's is black and Mario's is yellow? Wario could have purple and Waluigi could of had black, but now the pallet is thrown out, so:

Wario gets red (because Mario has yellow) and Waluigi gets purple/lavender?

Welp, if the trend keeps up with new ideas and re-hashing old ones to make them new, if we are lucky enough we might even get to see Wario as a villain again.

But I wouldn't hold my breath, or farts.

Rosalina in a black cat-suit?

...I can't tell you what I'm thinking right now.

Fleas and bad luck?

Edited by Scheming Minor

Miyamoto doesn't use characters that he didin't create...He doesn't like using them in his games, and Waluigi was clearly made to just be Wario's sidekick for the spin-offs...so he never really has a high chance of getting in main games.

Wario being in SM64DS is either because he had no major input on the remake or they really needed a 4th character.

Miyamoto doesn't use characters that he didin't create...He doesn't like using them in his games, and Waluigi was clearly made to just be Wario's sidekick for the spin-offs...so he never really has a high chance of getting in main games.

Wario being in SM64DS is either because he had no major input on the remake or they really needed a 4th character.

Nintendo have never really been fond of their "adopted" children. The chances of Waluigi making it into an actual Mario game are virtually zero

Believe me, I know how you feel. Wario's my favorite Mario character, but I'm not too worried about this one. If it helps, Wario will probably get his own game before you know it! He's had at least one platformer per system since the GBA (Wario Land 4 for GBA, Wario World for GC, Master of Disguise for DS, Shake It for Wii, not to mention the three Gameboy titles and the surprisingly good Virtual Boy romp). I fully expect our favorite mustached miser to get a solo adventure sometime soon. 

Wario's got his own series now. Two of them even. I don't think we really have anything to worry about. 

As much as it'd be fun to see the fat lout running around all these golden stages, otherwise, it doesn't really make much sense for Wario to be adventuring with the Mario Bros to help save someone. Whats in it for him?

Wario's got his own series now. Two of them even. I don't think we really have anything to worry about. 

As much as it'd be fun to see the fat lout running around all these golden stages, otherwise, it doesn't really make much sense for Wario to be adventuring with the Mario Bros to help save someone. Whats in it for him?

Well, lots of money from the rich princess, for one thing. There's also plenty of free advertisement to think of - saving the entire kingdom is great publicity for your video game company.

SM64DS kinda handwaved it (it was either in the manual or the official website) by saying Wario was going to keep all the coins and treasure he found in the painting worlds in exchange for helping to rescue Peach (Also, the guy does like cake). So, I mean, I could see a justification like that working here.

The Sprixies have treasure of some sort (that Bowser wants, hence the kidnapping), don't they?

I could see Wario joining in to save them simply because he assumes he'd get a bunch of that treasure as a reward.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, the guy does like cake

Now you have me imagining an endgame cutscene where Wario is expecting money from Peach only for her to give him a cake instead

Now you have me imagining an endgame cutscene where Wario is expecting money from Peach only for her to give him a cake instead

But... Isn't the cake a lie?