Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Looking closely at that gameplay footage in that spoilerd walkthrough, it seems that you can only notice pop-in in super wide areas in which you can see really far ahead of you due to the camera, and when Mario is shot somewhere far onto a new area. Good to know that it's nowhere near as bad as SLW, but then again I've only checked a walk-through of the first world, so I'm not sure how bad it is in other worlds. Here's hoping it doesn't get really bad in more graphically intensive worlds such as the carnival one. 

Man I want to read what the final boss is, but I don't wanna spoil this game D:

Three more reviews by GiantBomb, ZTGD, and God is a Geek have been added to 3D World's Gamerankings score. All three were prefect scores (10/10, 10/10, and 5/5), and those three reviews propelled 3D World from #41 (the spot it held yesterday) to #29 on GameRanking's All Time Best list. Among some of the games it has surpassed during that leap are Halo 2, GoldenEye 007 (N64), Gran Turismo 3: A-spec, Red Dead Redemption, and LittleBigPlanet.

3D World is also currently the highest-rated Wii U game on GameRankings and is the fourth highest-ranking game of 2013 (behind both PS3 and 360 versions of GTA V and The Last of Us).

Note: These lists and rankings are all based on games that have at least 20 reviews in the system.

EDIT: OH MY GOD THIS IS EXCELLENT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mJidzcM28Zk

Edited by Gabe Scrooge
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mother of god...(boss spoilers)

1385017275365.jpg

"HELLO! MY NAME'S TIGGER! T-I-DOUBLE GUH-ER! THAT SPELLS TIGGER!"

I'm so sorry. laugh.png

Edited by VisionaryBlur
  • Thumbs Up 4

If anyone wants to spoil themselves, here's a video of the final boss fight. (fight starts at about 3 minutes)

Goddamn, cat bell

and double cherry? Bowser ain't fucking around. I love the atmosphere of the fight, I love how they built the fight out of the game's powerups, and I love how they're doing platforming-as-boss rather than combat-as-boss.

• Thumbs Up 3

If anyone wants to spoil themselves, here's a video of the final boss fight. (fight starts at about 3 minutes)

Goddamn, cat bell

and double cherry? Bowser ain't fucking around. I love the atmosphere of the fight, I love how they built the fight out of the game's powerups, and I love how they're doing platforming-as-boss rather than combat-as-boss.

Holy shamoly! Cat Bowser looks freakin' badass! With double cherry clones too?! Can't wait to take him... and him... and him... and him... down!

behind both PS3 and 360 versions of GTA V

Why is this a thing?  It's the same fucking game.  It shouldn't count as two.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why is this a thing?  It's the same fucking game.  It shouldn't count as two.

Because critics do reviews for different versions of a game (i.e. console and PC/mobile ver., PS360 ver. and Wii (U) ver., etc.), thus said versions get their scores counted individually.

Edited by Gabe Scrooge

Goddamn, cat bell

That concept of platforming as boss isn't a new thing...NSMB Wii, NSMB 2, and 3Dland all did it before.

Cat Bowser is pretty great, but what really excites me is the atmosphere of the fight itself. The rainy weather and dimly-lit neon skyscraper in Bowser's image really gives me SMB: The Movie vibes, though in a good way.

But it's the same game.

Your skills at observation are remarkable.

So, this looks to be the first Mario title I've been remotely interested in since...Galaxy, I guess.

How big is the download?  I don't have a lot of room to wiggle with our retarded internet.

A measly 1.7 gb

I'm currently on World 6. I sort of forced myself to stop playing so I can save some more of the game for a little later, but man! This game is great. It's beautiful and it plays well. Easy, but fun easy nonetheless! I ran into a lot of nods to previous Mario games, and the music in this game is just as great as the Galaxy series, in my honest opinion. *Dat Ghost House Song!*

I've played through all the characters, minus the secret character, and I can definitely say that Toad is my favorite of the bunch. His speed really makes the game even more enjoyable to me. Also, I'm liking the Captain Toad levels. They're fun and don't overstay their welcome.

Still have plenty of more 3D World to play, but I'm having a blast now!

So far, I'm impressed with this game's level design. They introduced a great amount of new concepts, but thankfully, they don't get worn out quickly, as each level, as far as I played provided something fresh. It may not be as 'non linear' as the previous 3D titles, such as 64 and Galaxy(I can't speak for 3D Land, since I haven't played it), but I never saw that as a terrible thing. Despite that, I feel that they encourage you to explore and uncover some cleverly hidden secrets using the new power ups, which is fine by me. The stages are somewhat smaller, but again, I feel that there's as much to discover as the previous titles.

Oh, and this game confirms that my depth perception is horrible. xDDD

Edited by canderson