Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

I don't mind pop-in usually when its off in the distance, but that's not much better than Super Mario 64 was with trees. You can see the foliage popping in and out in front of the camera, it just looks unpolished. It may not be something I'm going to notice in gameplay but I'm certainly going to notice it during the cannon shot as all the foliage suddenly appears as Mario approaches the ground.

Been seeing great reviews for this game. In the end, im not surprised. Nintendo has done it again. Im sure ill be very happy once I buy this game, just like both Galaxys, Sunshine and 64.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 new Japanese commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7HDV3VOa7k

Warning: contains footage of *spoilers* and a new power-up:

Lucky Cat Mario, works similarly to the Tanooki statue

• Thumbs Up 1

As long as the pop-in doesn't affect my gameplay (I.E making me miss a jump or die) then it's just an annoyance.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the Cat and Tanooki powerups allow you to turn into a statue, or are the statue-turning ones separate from the "regular" ones?

So the Cat and Tanooki powerups allow you to turn into a statue, or are the statue-turning ones separate from the "regular" ones?

They're separate. There's a normal Cat Bell and Tanooki Leaf, then there's a Lucky Bell and Statue Leaf that give you the statue abilities too, like in 3D Land.

... Yeah, this will almost certainly be my GOTY. It's lookin' that good.

Also, it appears that we found our first Infinite One-Ups grinding spot -- in 1-2, no less!

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ah, so if you switch characters, you keep the power ups the last character had. That's useful.

...I dunno if this really deserves spoiler tags, but yeah. :V

*Sees all the really good reviews*

Sorry sonic, but mario has done it again. this is his year.

Edited by jordine

*Sees all the really good reviews*

Sorry sonic, but mario has done it again. this is his year.

but its the Year of Luigi!

• Thumbs Up 4

Watching the entirety of this playthrough.  Don't care for spoilers as there's no real plot and the levels aren't really spoiled because you don't get the real experience of them until you play them for yourself.

I'm excited to see this game's final boss, since 3D land had arguably the best final boss in a (3D) Mario platformer

• Thumbs Up 1

I..I would like to try this out. And I don't usually say that in regards to main series Mario games. It's looking oh-so-deliciously good.

but its the Year of Luigi!

I'm sorry  Sonic AND mario, Both your games were good but luigi had many good games this year. This is his year.

My bad on the error.