Awoo.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Wii-U/Switch) - It's the cat's meow!

Nintendoga

Considering Nintendo's strict general embargoes and that this information was given a throbbing asterisk before showing, it's spoilers. Tag that shit.

Reggie gave a spoiler warning, so I'm gonna play it safe~

Shibata also gave a spoiler warning in the EU Direct.

Agh, Nintendo, why do you tempt me? You're flashing a game that I really want in front of me and requiring me to buy a system that I really, really don't want for any other reason. Maybe when the price of the console drops lower than $249, I'll consider, but its just too weak in my eyes to justify a price point anywhere near what it is at the moment. I know that theres an expensive gamepad thrown in, which raises the price, but it just seems like a gimmick to me, sort of like the 3DS'.... well, 3D feature (hence, the release of the 2DS). 

All of that aside, the game itself looks well worth $60. Does it run native 1080p/60FPS as well? That would be amazing.

Edited by Cyalume

Playable Rosalina.

GAME OF THE YEAR ALL YEAR EVERY YEAR.

Seriously, as if I needed any more reason to get this game, they put Rosalina in it. The only issue is if I'll be able to bring myself to play as anyone else.

Plus, she's the second human female to ever be playable in a main Mario game! SUCK IT DAISY!

This is kind of a guess, but the character select screen's setup has me wondering if two or more people can play as the same character at the same time.  

• Thumbs Up 1

...also, Rosalina's casual, ordinary voice sounds kind of strange in the context of a playable Mario character somehow.

Woo hoo.

I kinda like that, though.

Her showing a wider range of emotion - especially now that she finally has human contact and friends other than the Lumas after all this time - could be taken as a nice bit of character development. In a way, it makes sense that she'd sound a bit less stilted and more relaxed in her speech than she was in Galaxy, when Mario was probably the first other human she'd spoken to in at least a hundred years.

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 1

Spoilers (I forgot how to put something in spoiler box so im just gonna do it like this for now).

Now if only I could get my playable toadette then everything will be complete and Nintendo would officially have my love for the next 50,000 years, oh well a boy can dream but atleast we get Rosalina

• Thumbs Up 1

Forget pink, pig-tailed Toad. Bring in Black and purple Smash Football Toad :U

Edited by MarcelloF

Spoilers (I forgot how to put something in spoiler box so im just gonna do it like this for now).

Now if only I could get my playable toadette then everything will be complete and Nintendo would officially have my love for the next 50,000 years, oh well a boy can dream but atleast we get Rosalina

If you don't know how to do a spoiler, the least you could do is shrink the text and change it to blue so it blends in to the background. Spoilers tags are done like this btw:

[spoiler]TEXT GOES HERE[/spoiler]

Anyway, what a lovely development! I've gone and ordered the exceptionally expensive version from GAME cause of the sleeve and keyring. Also ordered the ALBW CE biggrin.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

The fuck is that thing? She looks like a clown.

That, or an MC Hammer wannabe.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Official renders and Tanookis for all!

10840851614_293679c2ed_o_zpse4c3a4ec.jpg

10840365633_f1d623024f_o_zpse287a691.jpg

Source, please? Edited by Blue Blood

This game looks like its going to be much better than galaxy and lost world

I didn't think I could be any more hyped for this game than I already was, then I watched the Direct.

Edited by The Kid

idc5yqUvct8Kv.gif

I suppose that summarises feelings towards this game, especially with today's big spoiler.

with that much gold in this game where is WARIO!!!!

• Thumbs Up 6

Something I'm seriously loving about this game is the sheer amount of (additional) content this game's packing. The additional minigames and gameplay modes one or more can play alongside the regular levels/story campaign--all in addition to the preexisting four (and now five!) playable characters and new/returning powerups--gives the game a ton of replay value/lasting appeal, something that -dare I argue as one of the few but arguably miniscule faults to those games- the Galaxy duology came up short or even lacked in comparison.

Never thought I'd say this, but Super Mario 3D World looks like it will live up to it's name as a 3D version of Super Mario World in terms of how much new content and creativity it will introduce to the 3D Mario games as Super Mario World did for the 2D Mario games.

Edited by Gabe Scrooge
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just hope with all this added content on mini games, 8-bit Luigi cameos and inclusion of a 5th Character, that this game won't be a short romp since It's the next 3D Mario title, I'm really expecting something with Galaxy/Galaxy 2's length in terms of completion time.

That's my only worry right now.

Eugh, I can't be the only person disappointed that Rosalina is the 5th(and they said final right?) character. I would liked Wario so much more but ugh... I can't even put it in words.

Edited by Mr. 0

I just hope with all this added content on mini games, 8-bit Luigi cameos and inclusion of a 5th Character, that this game won't be a short romp since It's the next 3D Mario title, I'm really expecting something with Galaxy/Galaxy 2's length in terms of completion time.

That's my only worry right now.

I heard it's 8 hours without 100%

Eugh, I can't be the only person disappointed that

Rosalinais the 5th(and they said final right?) character. I would liked Wario so much more but ugh... I can't even put it in words.

You'd be better of spoilering all of that so that people don't get any wind of what it might or might not be.

I can understand why you'd want that over what we've actually got, but I think it makes a lot of sense from a gameplay perspective. Not to mention it's just a lovely suprise too.

idc5yqUvct8Kv.gif

I like how Toad is in the Door of the train...like he's just enjoying his adventure and making some money along the way, and he's being so casual about it as he's sitting next to that stack of coins.

• Thumbs Up 2

We went from the Coin Ship from SMB3 to a Coin Train in SM3DW, but we didn't get a Coin Steamboat in the interim. Tragic.