Awoo.

Guilty Gear Xrd (Arcade/PS3/PS4)

Remy

They would need to somehow capture the west though, before that happens. Hopefully GG can finally reinvigorate western interest in their games.

I know, I for one, prefer watching GG, BB or P4A as opposed to MVC3 or SFXT, lolz

I feel Arc games have more style and identity. With music, characters, and aesthetics honestly. Its generally why I prefer them over Capcom.

Okay....so a BlazBlue anime AND a new Guilty Gear game get announced...in the SAME WEEKEND?!

tumblr_lerwstZKYA1qawy1r.gif

I...I can't...I'm just so happy. This goofy smile just won't leave my face!

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, I was already hype for Guilty Gear, but the news of a Blazblue anime? Umm I have the most amazing erection right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Funny how me and GoldenLink were talking about the fact that they needed to make a new Guilty Gear for like the past year. I got no beef with BlazBlue but fuck man it was honestly about time. I am so psyched about the soundtrack. Daisuke kick ass with his heavy rock compositions and his GG tracks prove it tons. I can't wait. I hope Baiken makes it in, she is my main.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey guys, I was trollin' on the Neogaf and came across this:

BzOfvAy.jpg

Soak it in people.

Also I came across an interesting comment that I think could bring in some interesting discussion:

Blazblue is just something people play because there's no new guilty gear.

This was actually true for myself. Basically BB for me was sort of like filling the void, then after a while I sort of fell off the BB hype. Sort of lost my interest with the series after Continuum Shift.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh here we go. Blazblue is Blazblue. Its system isn't as deep or intricate as Guilty Gear's but it does what it sets out to do just fine and I don't think it deserves to be hated for not being something else.

Its natural for people who grew up on Guilty Gear to not be as interested in Blazblue, but Blazblue's demographic is a lot younger(Because ya know, Anime).

I like both myself, but I have slight bias towards Blazblue because its what got me back into fighters and I find its characters more interesting than Guilty Gear's. That said, I am still hype as fuck for this and its given me an incentive to really start learning the game because I've had no time at all.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

Hey guys, I was trollin' on the Neogaf and came across this:

BzOfvAy.jpg

Soak it in people.

Also I came across an interesting comment that I think could bring in some interesting discussion:

This was actually true for myself. Basically BB for me was sort of like filling the void, then after a while I sort of fell off the BB hype. Sort of lost my interest with the series after Continuum Shift.

Gonna have to agree, I Initially bought because of this reason. Its a sweet game no doubt, I just thought GG was more deep and compelling. Would be cool if they have Ragna or someone as a secret character though, a nice nod it would be.

Edited by Urban Flow

They're probably just gonna give Sol Ragna's colors, and Jin's for Ky. They did the same thing in Continuum Shift.

why just give him his colors? why not his whole costume?

we're on 3D now people. SKY IS THE LIMIT

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd be all for that, but then people would probably bitch about Blazblue being in their Guilty Gear.

...I wonder how would Ragna's outfit look on Sol.

Well... consider me hyped!!! I like BlazBlue and all, but I was thinking wed never see another GG game, and here it is. I cannot believe my eyes *w* and the graphics are awesome! they are 3D but look like sprites also, it has a nice feel to it! I love Ky´s new design! Sol appears to have "less spiky" hair, but a longer pony tail (?) is larger. I want to see Baiken already (if shes in) hope they didnt ruin her design.

Anyways, what saddens me the most is that theyre probably gonna release it in a console I dont have xD 

On a less - relevant note, I didnt see "FREE" on Sols belt buckle, did they change that ? I couldnt see his head band clear enough to see "We will rock you" but I think its too small for me to notice anyways. Im digging Millias new design ~ although I practically never use her xD

On a less - relevant note, I didnt see "FREE" on Sols belt buckle, did they change that ? I couldnt see his head band clear enough to see "We will rock you" but I think its too small for me to notice anyways. Im digging Millias new design ~ although I practically never use her xD

Both the headband and his belt appear to have their proper engravings in game :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I just noticed that the Supers have cutscenes now like SFIV...I don't know how to feel about that. On one hand, it gives the game a cinematic feel on the other hand GG was never really about being cinematic and it kinda kills the flow in game.

Hey, I found Sol Badguy's original Stage from the original Guilty Gear.

Back_gg_sol.gif

Hmm, looks like they turn the post apocalyptic landscape of New York City into a Western Art Museum in Xrd or something. Only the Head and the lower torso and pedestal of the Statue of Liberty remain.

I'm always a fan of Stage art so I'm really hoping for some stellar stages. Guilty Gear is already known for a library of beautiful and unique and out of the ordinary stages so I can't wait to see them in Xrd as 3D-ish landscapes.

No doubt Ky's Cathedral stage in Paris is gonna return once again as it's one of the most iconic stages.

• Thumbs Up 1

Animating 3D characters as 2D sprites, plus loud ass anime neck cracking = Badassery

I'll admit, I'm not all that familar with Guilty Gear. I've only played the game once as I-no at a Gamer's Club. I enjoyed it, but never went deep into it. Now, that I actually have a fight stick that I'm itching to get beast with, I'm totally stoke for this. Even more so than I normally am for fighting games. Heck, I haven't even played any of the BlazBlue games either. Nor the Persona 4: Arena game. (Though I really want to on the latter, but I want to beat the RPGs first.)

So yeah, I'm not very familar with Arc. Though, I admire their skills... Shoot, I'll gladly pick this up whatever system it comes up on.

Edited by ↑↑↓↓ ←→ ←→ B A YoshiUnity

Arc owns ya life. Hail to the king baby.

Ew, that just reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever...

Ew, that just reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever...

Except that game sucks. :P

..why the fuck hasn't my sig updated..

Hey, I found Sol Badguy's original Stage from the original Guilty Gear.

Back_gg_sol.gif

Hmm, looks like they turn the post apocalyptic landscape of New York City into a Western Art Museum in Xrd or something. Only the Head and the lower torso and pedestal of the Statue of Liberty remain.

I'm always a fan of Stage art so I'm really hoping for some stellar stages. Guilty Gear is already known for a library of beautiful and unique and out of the ordinary stages so I can't wait to see them in Xrd as 3D-ish landscapes.

No doubt Ky's Cathedral stage in Paris is gonna return once again as it's one of the most iconic stages.

They also rebuilt the Statue of Liberty out of stone at some point I see.  

I just noticed that the Supers have cutscenes now like SFIV...I don't know how to feel about that. On one hand, it gives the game a cinematic feel on the other hand GG was never really about being cinematic and it kinda kills the flow in game.

I'm wondering. If you watch the super at ~2:08 ish and look at Sol's dragon install near the end they look much like they do in the old game- perhaps the dramatic closeups were for effect in the trailer? or maybe IKs?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm wondering. If you watch the super at ~2:08 ish and look at Sol's dragon install near the end they look much like they do in the old game- perhaps the dramatic closeups were for effect in the trailer? or maybe IKs?

I was thinking the same.

..why the fuck hasn't my sig updated..

It's just the image file, you didn't include the hyperlink.