Awoo.

Story Speculation Topic

slam422

Given the plot we've got, that sounds implausible.

Yeah, I found out the plot's already laid out in other places... like many I find it hard to trawl through the threads in these parts since there's just too many posts.

Now I'm just pissed. Eggman's back to his old "wake up an ancient evil and take over the world lololol!" schtick. Because that worked so well the last hundred or so times he tried it. Colors and Generations Eggman actually was menacing because he wasn't the pawn of whatever his latest supreme evil partner was. He was in control all the way to the end... and then SEGA reverted to the old formula.

Well hopefully the gameplay is good at least. Even if this plot development is really annoying.

Or heck maybe SEGA will surprise us and it will turn out he was in control all along, he just made them appear rebellious to wear Sonic down so he could finish him. In which case Eggy's becoming dangerously genre savvy.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Oh great. So the Deadly Six found Eggman in White Space using their Galactic Hexagonal Disco Ball, and pulled him out due to his pants resembling their pants. Eggman then finds out that their giant disco ball planet has the power of sound at it's core, and the guy who controls the power controls anything sound-based: hearing, voices, and music as well. Eggman then tried to stage a coup and gain control of the band so he could uncover the secrets to accessing this power, so he can force everyone to only hear his voice until people grow so sick of it that they give up the world to him just to make him stop. However, something goes bad and the Planet gets blown apart, so the Deadly Six are pissed, and Eggman is forced to join up with Sonic to try to break the band up before they break him.

...I kinda wish this was actually the plot.

I'm hoping, and anticipating, that it starts off the opposite of the usual setup; Eggman is not in control but then GETS IN CONTROL by the end. He teams up with Sonic to defeat the ancient evil and then he fights Sonic as the seventh boss.

Either that, or, the seventh boss turns out to be Eggman Nega, which I highly doubt at this point.

I think it'd be interesting if the Deadly Six were transformed versions of Sonic's friends/rivals. That'd make the plot far more interesting than what it appears to be now. But I HIGHLY doubt it.

I'm hoping, and anticipating, that it starts off the opposite of the usual setup; Eggman is not in control but then GETS IN CONTROL by the end. He teams up with Sonic to defeat the ancient evil and then he fights Sonic as the seventh boss.

Either that, or, the seventh boss turns out to be Eggman Nega, which I highly doubt at this point.

I think it'd be interesting if the Deadly Six were transformed versions of Sonic's friends/rivals. That'd make the plot far more interesting than what it appears to be now. But I HIGHLY doubt it.

I think that is the deal here. Eggman losing control at some point or the start of the game and then double-crossing Sonic towards the end.

I mean it would be really weird to just go ahead and reveal simple as that how the story will go towards the end.

I don't know....time will tell. I just hope we have more interactions with the characters in cutscenes.

Sonic talking with tails, Knuckles & Amy. Moving together to the next location. I think that at least will make the game longer and a better experience.

Same for the Deadly Six. While Sonic defeats the first one. The that one goes back to their stronghold and the others making fun of him for losing to Sonic.

The next one steps up saying. Its my time to take him down etc etc.

Edited by frokenok3

Yeah, I found out the plot's already laid out in other places... like many I find it hard to trawl through the threads in these parts since there's just too many posts.

Now I'm just pissed. Eggman's back to his old "wake up an ancient evil and take over the world lololol!" schtick. Because that worked so well the last hundred or so times he tried it. Colors and Generations Eggman actually was menacing because he wasn't the pawn of whatever his latest supreme evil partner was. He was in control all the way to the end... and then SEGA reverted to the old formula.

Well hopefully the gameplay is good at least. Even if this plot development is really annoying.

Or heck maybe SEGA will surprise us and it will turn out he was in control all along, he just made them appear rebellious to wear Sonic down so he could finish him. In which case Eggy's becoming dangerously genre savvy.

They already did that in Generations, I don't know why people are assuming Eggman won't be the final threat.

Eggman could be the last boss which is most likely the case since SEGA/Sonic Team can't seem to think of new villains (or bring back old ones like the Battle Kukku Army)......

OR

Their may possibly be a 7th Guardian who is the leader of the other 6, watching from the shadows, possibly manipulating the other 6 as well as Sonic with whatever notorious and likely world-destroying plan he/she may be cooking up.

Well I'm gonna consider all possibilities till we get more info

Unlike previous "Eggman gets overthrown by the new threat" moments this series had in the past this time they are being very... Blatant (I think "direct" would be a better word) with the fact our mad scientist got thrown into the sidelines, which suggests that he is going to try something at the end as a form of a "twist". (something that as mentioned before, Generations and to some extent Chronicles already did).

Having said that...

Okay, so here's a twist: the badniks are all much more "classic" than recent designs, because it was Classic Eggman/Robotnik who escaped the void and ended up in the "future".

This sounds unlikely but that would be a pretty cool idea! As long as it's a one time thing, not sure how I'd feel about our modern doc if this were to happen, also, I don't think this would be what most meant when they were asking for "more villains". XD

Edited by gato

Sonic Team can't think of new villains. That's why there's six new villains in this game.

Which is a shame, because they have several other potential recurring villains that they have sitting on the backburner.

So in this story Sonic will be officially teaming up with Eggman, for the first time NOT as a plot twist. I do hope there will be some good banter between Eggman (hopefully with Orbot and Cubot in tow) and Sonic and co. I think I would be most interested with dialogue with Eggman and Tails as they are both techies, and I assume they will both be giving Sonic various advice.

I also hope that Metal Sonic makes an appearance as an additional ally of Sonic as a result of this Sonic-Eggman team up. That ought to be interesting, especially if they give Metal a way to talk with the other characters somehow without actually giving him a voice. Preferably with little beeps and noises like in the OVA.

...I kinda wish this was actually the plot.

And I just realized I could have made a "crack him open like an egg" joke as opposed to just break him.

dialogue with Eggman and Tails

Eggman: (Extremely deep, psychological questions about the true intentions of his grandfather and whether or not he was truly worth idolizing as a child)

Tails: DUUUUUH, I DUNNO, BUT WE AWWWLL DID IT TOGETHERRRR

• Thumbs Up 2

Eggman: Hey Sonic, remember when you trapped me in an infinite white void for all eternity?

Sonic: No.

Eggman: Me neither.

How I wish they would explain...not explain...Eggman escaping the white space.

Edited by wOrm

Guys come on it's obvious Eggman is tricking Sonic. He says the six turned against him, while they are secretly working for him.

Then he reveals he is the master villain behind it all. And then final boss Eggman.

I can see this happening after games like colors and generations, I mean we already saw that his capable of controlling powerful creatures , see time eater. And let's not forget the direction of this game, they are trying to create a game different than any other 3D sonic game, than why would the story be "monster of the week" like? 

Which is a shame, because they have several other potential recurring villains that they have sitting on the backburner.

So much this!! Don't get me wrong I don't mind the idea of having a new threat or in this case threats for specific games. As a one off. But I would be greatly disappointed if they brought back these guys in another game or decided to make them new main baddies alongside Eggman if people like them, when they still have unused baddies or ones that could use more screen time to build their character or threat level. Ones that obviously weren't meant to be one offs as they got used in multiple games, yet are now dormant.

This is the third game with Ken and Warren; if they can't make a game that doesn't rely on stupid immature humor, or utilizes its plot in a meaningful way, then I'm officially done with them. As much as I like what they've done with the character dynamics and interactions, I'd rather go back to using the Japanese writers if all we're going to get out of the plots are the characters just becoming walking parodies of themselves with little to nothing happening in the plot. 

Unfortunately, I don't have my hopes up for this game as far as story is concerned.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is the third game with Ken and Warren; if they can't make a game that doesn't rely on stupid immature humor, or utilizes its plot in a meaningful way, then I'm officially done with them. As much as I like what they've done with the character dynamics and interactions, I'd rather go back to using the Japanese writers if all we're going to get out of the plots are the characters just becoming walking parodies of themselves with little to nothing happening in the plot. 

Unfortunately, I don't have my hopes up for this game as far as story is concerned.

You know, it might not even be their fault, SEGA/Sonic Team might be holding them back. 

You know, it might not even be their fault, SEGA/Sonic Team might be holding them back. 

If that's the case then I question just what the hell was the point of even bringing them in. Why get all new writers if you're just going to limit what they can or can't do? It makes no sense to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

There are times they hit a good one, like Tails remembering Chemical Plant not at all fondly. I'd even give the translator "baldy nose hair" a pass. But there are quite a few that are just lame or not even funny, even my 9 year old daughter was like "that's so lame". If the intended audience of young kids doesn't even like it, then that doesn't say much does it >.<

This may indeed be the case; after all, Sonic is Sega's IP and the writers can only really write what Sega allows them to.

Call me naive and overly optimistic if you wish, but considering that they're already giving the Sonic gameplay a well-needed change of pace, I'm gonna give them a chance to see if they're actually gonna give this game a more fulfilling story.

• Thumbs Up 3

If that's the case then I question just what the hell was the point of even bringing them in. Why get all new writers if you're just going to limit what they can or can't do? It makes no sense to me.

The writing staff might have an ego problem and see the two as threats to their jobs, so they pull strings within Sega to secretly sabotage these new writers so the people will be begging for them to come back and write their pseudo-philosophical overly melodramatic stuff instead?

...Or the more likely scenario is that SEGA is too scared of pissing everyone off, so they chain any potential in exchange for security, but I like my conspiracy theories better biggrin.png.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile

The reason I'm not that optimistic about the story is because its been getting progressively worse; Colors was bad, but I tolerated it. Generations is boring beyond all sin. So excuse me for not having much faith in them.

• Thumbs Up 1

The same reason why they got a new voice cast for all the characters if they're mostly going to use just Sonic and Tails.

I just hope they can come up with six different boss battles before the final boss. Colours basically had three bosses and reused each one, it was rather pathetic really. Taking a boss and changing its colour scheme and slightly altering its attack patterns does not a new boss make. It made the game feel rather cheap and nasty in that respect.

At least Generations fixed that a bit, tho the Rival battles were over rather fast, but I guess they were still bosses...kind of...maybe...

Fanbase/reviewer pandering?

You gotta see that SEGA's still in full-on damage control mode right now. This is reasonably logical (alibet it holds back the narrative potential of the series) ,for them to hypothetically be doing that.