Awoo.

Story Speculation Topic

slam422

Eggman traps Princess Sally Acorn on a uncompleted Lost World and Sonic has to restore the world to save Princess Sally Acorn for a kiss on the cheek and a chili dog. 

Going off of Generations' brilliant plot, I'm skeptical that this game will be anything but bare bones when it comes to the story.

It's sad knowing this could well turn out to be Lost World's story.

You're right.

And you know, as long as the gameplay is good, I wound't have a problem with that. 

You're right.

And you know, as long as the gameplay is good, I wound't have a problem with that. 

Eh, there's no reason to create this whole dichotomy between gameplay and story. If a game has crappy music, I'm going to call it out on it, regardless of how awesome the gameplay is.

• Thumbs Up 9

I think this concept would be better if it was done earlier, between Colors, Gens and Episode II, I think people are kind of tired of "Sonic and Tails' wacky adventures" at this point and want to see more characters join the fray..

I'm beginning to wonder how they would even use anyone else; its not like the entire cast's lives revolve around Sonic and his adventures.

* I was not sure if I was supposed to comment on this here or make my own topic but it got locked so I guess I was suppose to put it here. For the pictures go to my thread here  see the pictures I talk about.

Just as a reminder this is just a theory not fact. Well before I get to my point here is the only picture below that we have of Sonic Lost World. That and sorry for the length of this but it is just to bring my point and for any spelling or grammar mistakes. That and sorry for the pictures with it being small lol.

You see Sonic and Tails flying toward this planet. If you look closely you can see hexagonal pieces and the planet is broken apart. This theory involves Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic and Kunckles (or Sonic 3 and Knuckles), Sonic CD and Sonic 4 episode 1 and 2. Well first of all you have to find out where Sonic CD takes place in the time line. In my theory the time line is it starts out with Sonic 1 then it goes on to Sonic 2 and the next game would be Sonic 3 and then Sonic 3 and Knuckles. This is when Sonic CD comes into the equation.

Well first I will explain the only reason why I say Sonic CD is after Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles is because of a couple of things. The Death Egg was introduced in Sonic 2 which was the last zone. But in Sonic 3 after Sonic 2 Dr. Eggman's space station, the Death Egg, crash-lands on a mystical floating landmass called Angel Island. This was because when Sonic took down Eggman in his Death Egg in Sonic 2 it crashed into Angel Island. Then he got it back up for a short time until Sonic took it back down where it crashed again on Angle Island. This is when Dr. Eggman stole the Master Emerald, which was used to power the Death Egg's engines and bring it back into space. That is when Sonic went back to the Death Egg to defeat Dr. Eggman once more. But it is still in space this is when Sonic CD comes into the equation. That and if you go to the DA Garden in Sonic CD you see Tails flying in the Tornado. This part can't be proven for sure.

This ties the Sonic 4 saga with Sonic CD will finally be addressed. Sonic CD is when Eggman has the Little Planet trapped on Sonic's planet and it's up to Sonic to free the planet from Eggman. When he does the planet teleports back into space. This is where the Death Egg comes back into play. With the Death Egg damaged by Sonic in Sonic and Knuckles and still in space Eggman decides to remake the Death Egg which hints on the zone in Sonic 4 ep2 "Death Egg mk.II Zone" . This is when he encased the Little Planet in the Death Egg mk.II. But the picture is in atmosphere of Sonic's homeworld, how did it get there. Well when Sonic defeated Eggman in Sonic 4 ep.2 you see the Death Egg mk.II exploding and falling apart and the Little Planet is still inside. That is when the Death Egg mk.II starts to fall down towards Sonic's homeland. When the Death Egg mk.II is gone from falling apart and has fallen into the atmosphere of Sonic's world you see that the Little Planet has fallen apart. If you look at the Death Egg mk.II you will see a lot of hexagons inside of it. This can be the reason why they are hexagon pieces by themselves or just a piece that looks like a hexagon from the Sonic Lost World picture which is above.

The only reason why I think that this planet is the Little Planet is because if you compare the picture form Sonic Lost World to the picture of the Little Planet in the DA Garden in Sonic CD which is below.

But my thoughts that can't be proven with a theory or any evidence is that this could be a continuation of

the Sonic 4 saga. Also the graphics of this game look like it could be a improved version of the graphics from Sonic 4 ep.2 because in my opinion it looks just like the first scene before you start the game it looks a little like the screenshot. Well that's all I have for my prediction comment on what you think. This took me about 3 hours to make sure my information could back up my theory. But this was thought of by a Mario fan and a Sonic fan. Me/Bret DarkFrostySEGA being the Sonic fan and my friend Christian or Egods UAV being the Mario fan.

While I like the idea of the "Lost World" somehow being connected to past games, I'd probably like it better if it was completely new. 

Warning, could be spoilers:

*comic*

I died.

Good show Inferno, good show.

Look closely at the planet. I can see water, but I still can see the sky on it(behind it?). Don't tell me I was the only.

Chicken-Little-e1363697849480.jpg

Maybe Sonic is running around like he always do, and a piece of this planet falls from the sky and almost smash him. He then calls Tails to see what the fuck was that. Tails uses his tech stuff, blah, blah, blah, they hop in the Tornado and hit the skies, and then, out of the middle of the clouds appears: The Lost World.

I also sorta have a feeling that Eggman may not be the main villain of this game.

I also sorta have a feeling that Eggman may not be the main villain of this game.

As much as I hate to admit, I'm getting a similar vibe.

As much as I hate to admit, I'm getting a similar vibe.

Well he's still in purgatory with his young self, which is kinda difficult to bounce back from. He might be able to get out of it with science, but it's kind of hard to build something from nothing.

Hell for all he knows, one month in purgatory could equal a year on the outside, that's what you get for messing with time.

But don't fret, since the timeline isn't fucked up when Sonic and friends return (ie Sonic 1 and such still happened due to Robotnik returning back to his old time EVENTUALLY) I can bet Eggman will return eventually....just not anytime soon maybe. Or heck maybe it's his lackeys Orbot and Cubot that will manage to bring his egg ass back.

Either way I wouldn't be...opposed to the idea of Eggman sitting out for a game, Sonic should have more than one consistent villain methinks.

Edited by Soniman

There allegedly being "six guardians" indicates that the main foes will be local to this planet thing. Eggman might come along for the ride though, hatching evil schemes to corrupt or otherwise hijack the guardians and the planet for his own ends.

That reminds me of Sonic Riders Zero Gravity...

Anyways, yeah, honestly the problem is this villain would sorta be a one-off too. Guess we'll see how this goes.

The Lost World is a legend from Sonic's world's ancient past - an artificial planet constructed with ancient Chaos technology on the whims of ancient peoples.  But as it was being constructed, an incident caused it to mysteriously vanish, leaving behind but a single incomplete segment, now known as Angel Island.  One day, the Lost World suddenly appears in the sky, upon the brink of completion... what is the secret of the Lost World?  Who built it, where did it go, and why is it back?  Whatever the case, you can bet that Dr. Eggman won't ignore a whole new planet to dominate - and Sonic and his friends won't ignore a whole new opportunity to stop him!

...Something like that.  I quite like that Angel Island connection I came up with, actually.

Came up with a few more ideas for this last night:

The ancient Echidna civilisation that dominated the prehistoric world predicted a cataclysm that would destroy their civilisation (maybe Dark Gaia, but that'd be pure fanon).  To escape the destruction, they started building an artificial world in the sky which they would take refuge on when the original world was destroyed, and they built it piece by piece, with the keystone being the throne of the energy source they were using to power their creation, the Master and Chaos Emeralds.  (Again pure fanon, but the modular design could be inspired by the way the continents split apart when Dark Gaia appears.)  Due to some plot-related accident or sabotage, the island containing their power source came detached from the rest of the incomplete world, which for reasons caused the rest of the world to be Chaos Controlled to the limits of space or the future or a parallel universe.  (More fanon: The Little Planet was a prototype designed to escape the end of the world by phasing out of existence periodically.)  Angel Island and its Emeralds and a few echidna guardians were all that was left in Sonic's world of this ancient civilisation, and because of the power of the Emeralds their island remained suspended in the sky, thus escaping the end of the old world, but their civilisation and their new artificial world were lost... until now!

Further idea: Possibly where the Lost World disappeared to was the same white space the Eggmans were thrown into at the end of Generations, and it's their technology and genius which allows it to return to Sonic's world.  This also provides a prime opportunity for the rest of the Echidna civilisation to prove to be as gullible as Knuckles and for every single one of them to be tricked into believing that Sonic's a tyrant who rules the world, and the last echidna betrayed the Chaos Emeralds to him.  This provides a good excuse for the inhabitants of the Lost World to oppose Sonic and support Eggman in his evil schemes, whilst also providing an obvious way for the status quo to be restored at the end of the game (Eggman betrays everyone, echidnas realise they were wrong, unlock the power of the Emeralds or something, we're Sonic Heroes, etc.).  It also provides a potential game-changer to the entire setting of the Sonic franchise via the return of the echidnas.  It also allows a lot of the kind of backstory depth that fans have been waiting for for a while leaving the game itself quite flexible for how much plot could be included.  Whether or not they'd do it is another matter, but I think this proposal satisfies the imagery and name of the Lost World.

You know with the game mentioning of several "Guardians" I just realized that there is one other character that fits classification in the Sonic universe, and that's rad red of course. Combine that with the look as if the land itself is being suspended in the sky (and not being completely spherical in shape like Little Planet) by unknown forces and that must mean.....

Hmm, the plot thickens.

Edited by Soniman

It sure will be cool when Knuckles' entire presence in the game amounts to Sonic turning to the camera and muttering "oh hey, another dude who guards a floating thing, how original".

...well, no, he'll probably also hand out missions in the 3DS version or something. If he's super lucky, they might even remember that SA2 happened and put him in the same zone as Rouge again~

Edited by Octarine

I hope they talk about the White World a little bit. They talked about Colours in Generations a lot, so it's possible that it could be brought up. I'd love it if the White World actually had some affect on the world too.

I'm just itching to know more about these new guardians, and whether they'll be heroes or villains. I'd prefer the villain route, since we have too many heroes as it is, but at this point I'm just asking for Sonic Team to surprise me.

But with Eggman only getting two moments since 1999 where he's the lead villain in the main titles, I'm not all that ready to go without him just yet. Either way, they better not screw this up as cliche as it is to say this.

I'm just itching to know more about these new guardians, and whether they'll be heroes or villains. I'd prefer the villain route, since we have too many heroes as it is, but at this point I'm just asking for Sonic Team to surprise me.

But with Eggman only getting two moments since 1999 where he's the lead villain in the main titles, I'm not all that ready to go without him just yet. Either way, they better not screw this up as cliche as it is to say this.

Due to the whole "guardian" thing, I'm hoping Knuckles plays a part in the games story (maybe be playable!). But seeing how Sega treats him like shit these days, it's highly unlikely.

Dude, if they stop shoehorning him (and anyone else) and explain how the conflict is any of his business like I've been saying for years, I don't mind it.

The Guardian thing sounds like a good loophole if they can actually take advantage of it. But I still want that Master Emerald involved/referenced/affected, dammit. tongue.png

Could be cool if they used it for all the other characters actually...

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc