Awoo.

Story Speculation Topic

slam422

Slumpy's hair might be blue, but his body is grey. That'd match up with the Sonic 1 Emeralds perfectly, also leaving Sonic himself to match up to the missing dark blue emerald.

Or rather, the light blue one.

...Right?

Edited by ProfessorZolo

Still looks blue to me.

You can see more clearly on the box art that he's white with very purple hair.

Hoping there's some sort of interesting twist with the Deadly Six; it'd be a shame if they introduced these wacky, intriguing new characters (of which we need - not enough villains in the Sonic series!) only for them to just sort of...be there. By this I mean I hope we at least get some sort of explanation as to why there're there and more importantly, their motives.

Really hope there's more satisfying reasoning there than: "we're scary and like screaming in chicken's faces".

Edited by Wordy

soniclostworld_wiiu.jpg
Just confirming that Slumpy does indeed appear to represent the grey emerald if we go off of the six emeralds theory.

I have faith in Ken and Warren, because despite the tons of shit they get with how they handles stories/dialogue whatever, I still find them better than literally every other main 3D Sonic excursion writing/dialogue wise (not story). The Storybook games are the only 3Dish games that even come close imo.

So yeah, I have faith in them, I saw Gens as an unfortunate bump in the road as opposed to a overall representation of their writing quality.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 4

So what do you guys think the voices of the deadly six will sound like?

Here's what I think:

Zavok: Something akin to Captain Gutt (the villain of Ice Age 4)

Zazz: I really picture him sounding either like jet or Mark Hamill's Joker.

Zik: Looks like he'll sound like either an old British man (Alfred Pennyworth) or an old Kung fu master (think Master Shifu from Kung Fu Panda).

Zomom: Come on I know I'm not the only one who pictures him sounding like Patrick Star.

Zor: A more depressed/angry version of a surfer dude's voice. That or a generic anime bad boy's voice.

Zeena: Most likely will sound like the typical alpha bitch we see in high school shows/movies.

Edited by Johnny Boy

• 2 weeks later...

So I figured I'd move this over to this topic, since it's more fitting:

Hm...

How about this?

Knuckles and Amy were doing god knows what, when the Deadly Six show up and kidnap them at the orders of Eggman. Sonic and Tails fly there to go help them, but Eggman shoots down the Tornado and goes out of his way to make sure they can't leave the planet. Eggman is the leader at this point, and the first boss will be against him. However, after he gets beaten, the Deadly Six start having second thoughts about his competence and additionally find out about his own intent to backstab them after he was done dealing with Sonic. Angry, they decide to turn against him and they throw him out of the wherever his base would be located on Planet Hex and assume control. Eggman is naturally pissed, and is forced to swallow his pride to ask Sonic and Tails for help. Naturally, since mechanical supplies are rather low on Planet Hex (the first two stages are composed of green hills and candy, I don't think there would be much building material available from those) and Tails can't fix the plane otherwise, they reluctantly join forces. They manage to find Knuckles and Amy aimlessly wandering around trying to find a way off the planet, and also deal with one of the Deadly Six.

Now to keep the story going and be more interesting than just "defeat the Deadly Six to get the means to get off the planet (or get control of his base again in Eggmans case), there's also another plot point about a great power at the center of the planet, which Eggman was originally planning to get for himself, but tries to (and ends up failing) to keep a secret from Sonic and Friends, so Eggman now tries to get all buddy-buddy with them so he can backstab them more easily later on, although the combination of his ego, snarking, and generally poor reputation around Sonic and Friends naturally complicate things. Simultaneously, the Deadly Six are still trying to get the power with the intent of getting rid of the Motley 5 (Sonic, Friends and Eggman) and perhaps try to go for becoming major villains themselves, although rampant egotism between the Deadly Six means that they are just as often at each others throats as they are at their enemies. There will also be a partial rivalry between Zazz and Sonic, Knuckles and Zavok, Amy and Zeena, and maybe Tails, Eggman and Zik (he has a wiseman's mustache, so obligatory super smart people rivalry).

Everything of course culminates in a big smorgasbord of a battle between Eggman, the Deadly Six, and Sonic and Friends, with the Deadly Six ending up being on the receiving end of the planet's power, sending them drifting into space on a tiny landmass, while Eggman temporarily re-assumes control until Sonic beats the crap out of him again. The day is saved, Tails repairs the Tornado, and Planet Hex is no longer under evil control.

Oh, and the end credits will show the Deadly Six floating into space, with Zazz going bonkers, until they crash into Orbot and Cubot. And then some asspull later, Orbot and Cubot make a makeshift booster to push the little landmass back towards Earth, where the Deadly Six from this point on become partial recurring villains.

...Well that was a mouthful.

Oh yeah, forgot to add: Eggman gets back from White Space due to Planet Hex's power, which only activates at random intervals. Eggman managed to cut a deal with the Deadly Six, who were unable to figure out how to get the power for themselves, and in exchange to help him defeat Sonic and Friends. This occurs before the actual game begins.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile

I speculate Chilli Dogs will make an appearance somewhere. And they will be delicious.

If a Chili Dog don't show up at any point in the story, I will be most disappointed... sad.png

• Thumbs Up 4

More X-treme references I noticed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehAtbtwfYhE this beta music is called Sky Hive - and we've seen a level that involves honeycombs at high altitudes!

One of the X-treme storylines had six elements involved in it - fire, water, lightning, stone, metal, and wood, with each having a corresponding elemental shield (and shield combos I believe). With elemental shields returning for the first time since the classic era (Generations doesn't really count, IMO), it seems possible we might see the other elements involved in some way; combined with the fact that we're going up against the Deadly Six, it just seems like too much of a coincidence otherwise.

I really hope they reference more stuff from scrapped X-treme storylines, like the Doom Virus or Mips being Wisps.

Some of the other beta level ideas that sounded pretty cool - Crystal Frost, Smog Tower, Wolf Den, etc.

Edited by Donna Noble

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been wondering. Dr. Eggman is supposedly teaming up with Sonic in this game. But if that's the case, why are all the enemies badniks? Did the Deadly Six hijack the Eggman Empire? Does "teaming up" just mean they're both fighting a common foe? I'm so confused!

So I've been wondering. Dr. Eggman is supposedly teaming up with Sonic in this game. But if that's the case, why are all the enemies badniks? Did the Deadly Six hijack the Eggman Empire? Does "teaming up" just mean they're both fighting a common foe? I'm so confused!

In one of the interviews at E3, someone asked about this and was told it was cause they Deadly Sox are using them against Eggman.

It may not even be mentioned at all in the story. S4EM didn't even bat an eyelid about it.

Even with my cynicism about the story-lite era we're in now cranked up to maximum, I'm not sure I'd draw many conclusions from the precedent set by Episode Metal of all things.

It's not like the badniks would take a whole lot of effort to explain. Eggman's going to have to go into how the Deadly Six betrayed him anyway, if he and Sonic are actually teaming up; it wouldn't be that much harder to have him also mention that he loaded up Lost Hex with robots and the DS have hijacked them.

They're probably just gonna ignore it completely anyway.

While I don't have much hope for the plot itself, I at least hope the characters interactions are up to par with that of Colors. Just give me some banter beyond the standard Sonic/Tails/Eggman dynamic and I'll at least tolerate any shortcomings with the plot.

• Thumbs Up 2

I said this on the Sega Forums, but I have a feeling the story may pan out like this:

Eggman is freed from white space by the power of the lost planet/deadly six nearby. Eggman teams up with the deadly six to harness the power of the master emerald for unknown reasons. They successfully steal the emerald, and capture Amy to lure Sonic into a trap. Knuckles travels to the Lost World to look for the Master Emerald. Sonic Learns from Eggman that Amy has been kidnapped, and the deadly six betrayed him. They team up for a short while, encounter Knuckles, and free Amy. At the end of the game, Eggman betrays Sonic, captures the deadly six, and harnesses their power for the final boss battle. Sonic defeats him, the deadly six are left incapacitated, or we get some sort of final cutscene where we get a hint at their eventual return (post credits, probably.) Roll credits here, with an auto tune song by Cash Cash (or Crush 40, please)?

I don't really have high hopes for the story, but i have a feeling this will be how it goes down. I don't really know what else Knuckles and Amy would be doing in the game on a mysterious planet, so this is how I think they'll be involved in the story. 

I get the feeling that sometime near the end, Sonic will become buddies with the deadly six. The boxart of the game kind of gives me the impression Eggman was hoping the six would turn against him so they would believe he and Sonic were allies in the past.

I don't think they'd do this but would'nt it be cool if..

Lost Hex is the result of little planet being caught in the black hole explosion of Sonic Colours. Or perhaps Time eater's effect of unstable space which allowed eggman to be teleported there..unintentionally...

Since Colours and Generations shoved the player straight into a level, a first since the classic games, I wonder if Lost World will follow suit.

I think it would be cool if they showed a brief cutscene of Sonic and Tails flying to Lost Hex. Sonic decides to jump off and explore ahead (which starts Windy Hill Act 1) while Tails goes off to scout the area or to find a place to land.

I kind of hope it doesn't turn out that way, it feels pretty disturbing when you go through a level and then a cutscene with no real buildup afterwards, it worked for generations sort of but it was really awkward for colors.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Unleashed's plot is a great example of what this game's plot should be. Let there be this big bad monster threat that Sonic has to take down, and at the same time have there be Eggman who Sonic is also going up against. There were a few gags here and there, and it didn't feel like Colors at all, to where the jokes felt so forced and bland. It wasn't all serious and boring like Shadow and '06, but at the same time it wasn't all kiddy and childish like Colors.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm really hoping that this game will have a main theme, preferably by Crush 40 (they need to make a comeback) but if it sounds good, I'd take anything as long as it means this game will have a main theme again. I miss the days when the game got one or two themes and individual characters got their own songs as well.

I was kind of shocked at the absence of one in Generations, but in my opinion, giving that game a theme would be like giving Sonic himself one definitive song, so I guess it worked without one. But still, we need more rocking tunes as the game's main audio representative!  

I'm really hoping that this game will have a main theme, preferably by Crush 40 (they need to make a comeback) but if it sounds good, I'd take anything as long as it means this game will have a main theme again. I miss the days when the game got one or two themes and individual characters got their own songs as well.

I was kind of shocked at the absence of one in Generations, but in my opinion, giving that game a theme would be like giving Sonic himself one definitive song, so I guess it worked without one. But still, we need more rocking tunes as the game's main audio representative!

I still to this day say that C40's "Sonic Youth" should have been Generations' Main/Super Sonic Theme. Brilliant opertunity missed... -__-

During gameplay,characters sometimes use aggressive language (e.g., “You’re going home in a box,” ‘I’m going to skin you alive,’ and ‘I long for death’s cold embrace.’). Cutscenes also depict laser fire and explosions, as well as dialogue that references violence (e.g., “I’ll get fat from eating your black hearts,” “One second you’re contemplating genocide,” and “As long as I can still strangle a Zeti, my hands are fine.”).”

I was wondering why Sonic LW had gotten a higher rating (Pegi-12, or E10+) when it was shown on the trailer, and this would definitely explain it. I can absolutely see Zor saying something like 'I long for death's cold embrace.' How dramatic p: And that was an interesting point about Knuckles, I hope he gets a more active role in the story, too.

The bit about "my hands are fine" sounds to me like Knuckles (assuming he's the one with that line) may have gotten hurt. What do you guys think?