Awoo.

Story Speculation Topic

slam422

I love the sound of this new dialogue; sounds like they're gonna have some fun when it comes to writing these Deadly Six. It honestly doesn't sound that 'edgy' to me, just interesting and quirky, just seems like a step up from the usual "I'll squish you into blue jelly" Spiel.

Hopefully it means that the Deadly Six, i'm assuming it is them - no-one else would be expected to talk like that, will be rather diverse characters, as in not just your usual evil baddies. (which was one of my original worries when I first saw them)

The dialogue sounds like your typical everyday cartoon dialogue. I know if I was still a kid it wouldn't matter to me.

• Thumbs Up 5

Wait wtf is this signature, adult phrases in a RPG blasphemy and a lady boner ha ha

Staff Edit: A PM's been sent to the member about this.

Edited by Nepenthe

-You're going home in a box

Most likely one of the Deadly Six. Possibly Zazz, since he seems to be the crazy one

-I'm going to skin you alive

This could either be a Zeti - again, probably Zazz - being evil, or possibly Eggman threatening the Zeti. Or possibly Eggman to Sonic, assuming the alliance starts later in the game

-I long for Death's cold embrace

Emo guy being overdramatic, or possibly the old guy lamenting about how his time is up or whatever. I expect lots of arrogant kung fu guy dialofue if this is the case, culminating in Zik acknowledging Sonic as his worthy opponent

-I'll get fat from eating your black hearts

This one seems a bit... far, even compared to the other lines. I would say this is from Zomom if I didn't doubt the guy's ability to make a proper threat, let alone speak in complete sentences. So it's probably Zavok or Eggman.

-One second you're contemplating genocide

This is either Eggman talking about having to team up with Sonic, or Sonic making witty banter about how Eggman has to team up with him.

-As long as I can still strangle a Zeti, my hands are fine.

I would have chalked the first part up to Eggman, but the second part makes me thing it's Knuckles. Who knows

All in all, I don't think this is gonna be incredibly serious despite the somewhat "graphic" dialogue. On the other hand, maybe we'll get something not unlike Happy Tree Friends instead

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds to me like some of Eggman's more twisted humor from the PA announcements in Colors might be working its way into the main storyline. Which I'm fine with. Some of the other lines just sound like standard cartoon bad guy talk. So uh yeah.

The one about genocide feels... off... I guess it's just because of the word itself and not so much the meaning (assuming it's Eggman saying the line of course) but I can't help but feel a bit iffy whenever I imagine that in a cutscene. Still, context is everything so I'm not mad or anything.

As for the one about Black Hearts... Um...

I really hope the " I long for Death's cold embrace" is from Eggman when he finds out he has to team up with Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

He never said that in sonic adventure, sonic adventure 2, sonic advance 3, heroes, 06, chronicles until the conclusion, don't understand why he would say this now more likely Zor since Emos are not afraid to die I can see this character using guitars and rock music as his boss battle.

He never said that in sonic adventure, sonic adventure 2, sonic advance 3, heroes, 06, chronicles until the conclusion, don't understand why he would say this now more likely Zor since Emos are not afraid to die I can see this character using guitars and rock music as his boss battle.

I think this reply is directed towards my comment. Because Robotnik can and has added sarcasm to his repertoire and it's funny?

Edited by Scheming Minor

Well... while I didnt expect that kind of dialogue, It wasnt hard to believe after Zavoks "lie down and die" but Im okay with that, hopefully its gonna be a good script. But lets change the topic for a bit... who do you guys think the final boss will be?  in Colors you fought eggman bots, and the final boss was Eggman, in Gens you fought bosses from other games, and final boss is Eggman.

Considering the boss for each world will be members of the Deadly Six, do you guys think..  

A) After Sonic beats the Deadly six, Eggman uses the opportunity and is the final boss?

B ) The Deadly six somehow end up fusing or something, creating Monster of the Week #4,703?

C) Something Entirely Different?  

I somehow feel another monster of the week will end up being the final boss, having something to do with beating all Deadly Six, triggering a beast or something.

Edited by dabbido

Eggman using the Six as a power source for his giant mech for the finale along with the chaos emeralds if they are part of the story

What if the deadly six  are more evolved wisps?

Zavok has mixture of laser and eagle wisp

Zomom drill and eagle maybe?

Zazz has frenzy wisp,  I can see him being all crazy but most likely for asteroid wisp. and also spikes

Zik Laser and drill

Zeena hover and rhythm

Zor asteroid and laser 

and the blackness is just to show they have black hearts that eggman eats? 

What do you say? Even if this is way off you guys think they have some relation to the wisp?

Edited by jordine

What if the deadly six  are more evolved wisps?

Zavok has mixture of laser and eagle wisp

Zomom drill and eagle maybe?

Zazz has frenzy wisp,  I can see him being all crazy but most likely for asteroid wisp. and also spikes

Zik Laser and drill

Zeena hover and rhythm

Zor asteroid and laser 

and the blackness is just to show they have black hearts that eggman eats? 

What do you say? Even if this is way off you guys think they have some relation to the wisp?

*tilts head*

Why would Eggman eat hearts? What the hell?

You people are literally looking too far into a simple quote...

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm sure it'd be some kind of strange delicacy somewhere. It's obviously Eggman's way of appealing to an international crowd!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait wtf is this signature, adult phrases in a RPG blasphemy and a lady boner ha ha
Oh, how I hate when people pay more attention to someone's signature than they do their post....

I'm sure it'd be some kind of strange delicacy somewhere. It's obviously Eggman's way of appealing to an international crowd!

Remember, some people eat animal hearts and some cannibals eat human hearts.

I really hope the " I long for Death's cold embrace" is from Eggman when he finds out he has to team up with Sonic.
That would be pretty funny. I'd imagine it as this: "Well, Eggman, it looks like we're going to have to team up." "ME?! Team up with YOU?! Oh, how I long for death's cold embrace..."
  • Thumbs Up 3

*tilts head*

Why would Eggman eat hearts? What the hell?

You people are literally looking too far into a simple quote...

Exactly what I was thinking! Thank you for being the first one in this topic with some common sense...@_@

I don't understand at all how some of you think that Eggman would "eat black hearts" or "strangle a Zeti", or even "long for death's cold embrace"...it's just not something I would ever imagine Eggman say. I really do hope that you people are joking...

Edited by Sky The Destroyer

Neither do I imagine Sonic saying "I long for Death's cold embrace" in ANY kind of context. Even in the right context, the wording really just sounds nothing like what Sonic has been saying, even in the current writers' hands.

I imagine the "I long for deaths cold embrace" could be ANY one of the Zeti. For some reason I think the Zeti can't die, so maybe one of them is so ashamed of being beaten that they wish they didn't have to live trough it for eternity, or something like that...I dunno, I'm not sure why I think that

I imagine it's probably Zavok, Zor, or Zik. The first due to overwhelming pride, the second because he is a stereotypical emo guy, and the third because he's old.

Exactly what I was thinking! Thank you for being the first one in this topic with some common sense...@_@

I don't understand at all how some of you think that Eggman would "eat black hearts" or "strangle a Zeti", or even "long for death's cold embrace"...it's just not something I would ever imagine Eggman say. I really do hope that you people are joking...

With Aaron Webber's saying we will see a side of Eggman we never thought we'd see before... I'm really, really interested to see exactly what that entails.

Here's hoping this story takes advantage of its unique character relationship better than Generations did. Missing two gold mines is just inexcusable.

We'll we've seen one of the game's cutscenes now so I figure its as good a time as any to speculate some more about the game's story.

The Deadly Six appear to have some sort of mind control power that allows them to either manipulate badniks or the animal friends inside of them. I wonder if that ability factors into the overall plot of the game or is possibly even related to Eggman's last mind control scheme from Colors. Maybe they and Lost Hex have something to do with the Wisps since we know they're returning too.

I think the bigger question though is what the Deadly Six are up to besides being generally evil and mean looking. There's got to be a reason why Sonic is willing to help Eggman in all of this. The Deadly Six are obviously native to Lost Hex and were probably pissed when Eggman almost certainly tried to take it over, but why not just retreat and leave their planet to them? And why is Sonic trying to help Eggman defeat them? Somehow the Deadly Six must pose a greater threat to Sonic's own world now.

Maybe they're planning to escape Lost Hex to invade below?

Ah, since this is a better topic for it...

Thinking about the past few games, Eggman's become a bit...unhinged, at least based on his classic self's reaction to that gloriously mad laughter. I'd like to see that expanded on in this game, maybe with Tails showing a bit of concern and referring to the last time they worked closely together. Sonic'll dismiss that concern at first but start to see it over the course of the game, or something.

Anyhow, I was already intrigued by the Sonic and Eggman teamup, but I'm also becoming more and more interested in the Deadly Six. I can't wait to see more of this game's story.

• Thumbs Up 1