Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

So anybody else hoping they finally have the good sense to be rid of dash pads? Or is that just an accepted flaw?

Accepted flaw. Granted I don't think they are bad in games like Generations where you have lots of platforming.

So anybody else hoping they finally have the good sense to be rid of dash pads? Or is that just an accepted flaw?

Well, people love Sonic 2 and think it's the best game in the series, and that introduced dash pads... as well as the spindash so that you didn't have to go back and pick up momentum in order to actually play with the physics... so, accepted flaw?

It's not so much their existance, but their over-abundance. Natural speed is almost non-existant at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

dash pads just help you make sharp turns

and give a little speed boost, but as long it is not abused.

Oh, trust me, there is a seventh Guardian alright, just leaked from SEGA's vaults:

sonicguardian.jpg

"And from now on, you shall be known as Sonic, Guardian of the Wind."

Called it first.

You know... I wouldn't put it past Sonic Team to make a game where Sonic is lead back to a Lost World, where he ended up have some large significance there lol

You know... I wouldn't put it past Sonic Team to make a game where Sonic is lead back to a Lost World, where he ended up have some large significance there lol

In before there's a retcon that he was originally from the Lost World but found his way to Earth and became its Guardian instead...

Move over Superman and Goku.

• Thumbs Up 6

If that's the case, Robotnik/Whoever Else must say "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM."

• Thumbs Up 4

dash pads just help you make sharp turns

If by "help" you mean "do them for you".

Honestly I wouldn't mind dash pads that simply gave you a bit of a boost without changing your direction.

• Thumbs Up 6

In before there's a retcon that he was originally from the Lost World but found his way to Earth and became its Guardian instead...

Move over Superman and Goku.

It'd be neat if it turned out that Christmas Island, Sonic's canonical homeland, was originally part of the lost world, but broke off somehow and fell to the Earth's Ocean and became an island.

But more than likely that won't be the case, as we're probably over thinking things and it probably won't have much story.

Edited by Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 1

Someone pointed out a gap on The Girl's legs, so she's either wearing hot pants or has a striped pattern on her clothing. The Staff Rider I really can't put a face to. It looks like the hair covers the entire body.

111tds1.jpgv7fm6x.jpg

You know, before I looked at it more carefully, I thought the staff guy was actually a really thin female with a wispy tail, kinda like a thinner Raa (The ghost girl from NotW). Then I realized the upper torso was separate from the staff XD.

Does anyone think this whole mystery feeling they're trying to create here will actually play a part in the game? Only it seems weird that they got us to start guessing only for it to be for nothing.

Someone pointed out a gap on The Girl's legs, so she's either wearing hot pants or has a striped pattern on her clothing. The Staff Rider I really can't put a face to. It looks like the hair covers the entire body.

111tds1.jpgv7fm6x.jpg

Not Bowser looks like Tim Curry in Legend - http://telstarmedia.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/legend-02.jpg

-pic-

Haven't scribbled the other two yet.

That guy on the staff obviously has a long, thin white moustache. It's not a tail.

• Thumbs Up 1

That guy on the staff obviously has a long, thin white moustache. It's not a tail.

How did we not see this?

I am guessing the guardian on the left is from one of the tribes in the Dragon Kingdom in the archie comics. 

I am guessing the guardian on the left is from one of the tribes in the Dragon Kingdom in the archie comics. 

>Bringing something Archie-related into the games

• Thumbs Up 5

Is "this character looks nice/mean but is in reality evil/benevolent" not already a trope itself?

tumblr_l1tszj7sXh1qb5h2to1_400.jpg

where-the-wild-things-are.jpg

sonic-werehog.jpg

While the first story actually contains the moral, and the other two not so much, all characters fit the trope roughly. They will appear as beasts but later are revealed to be cuddly monsters. I expect there's one evil one in charge.

• Thumbs Up 4

You guys must love looking at the girl. Her picture shows up more then the other guys.

You think we love looking at her now? Wait 'til she's fully revealed... oh gord, the potential Rule 34...

The Archie Comics have nothing to do with the games at all. In fact, the comics are set in an entirely different universe all together, so nothing in the comics will ever show up in the games; most of the characters and settings in the Archie Comics do not exist in the games (No Sally, no Snively, no Scourge, none of that jazz) so the comics are completely irrelevant to what goes on in the games.

You think we love looking at her now? Wait 'til she's fully revealed... oh gord, the potential Rule 34...

Gee, thanks...could've gone through the day without having to be reminded of that universal rule.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gee, thanks...could've gone through the day without having to be reminded of that universal rule.

Amy Vs. Girl Guardian catfight and Sonic and Girl Guardian with super bishonen appearances, calling it now.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hopefully the 29th gives us some official renders of the guardians. I'm not holding my breath though.