Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I believe your indeed being a bit hypocritical yes...in fact...a lot of people are on both sides.

THIS JUST IN: DISSY LIKES THINGS AND DISLIKES OTHER THINGS

MORE NEWS AT 11:00.

Alright then, sure. So what would you suggest I do? Wait and see if there's a single level in the game I actually really want to play before I'm allowed to make a judgment? Or should I just sit in the corner and think about what I've done?

Edited by Discoid
  • Thumbs Up 2

Say, if I can ask, will we get any bit of new information on this game at the Summer of Sonic, or Sonic Boom?

THIS JUST IN: DISSY LIKES THINGS AND DISLIKES OTHER THINGS

MORE NEWS AT 11:00.

Alright then, sure. So what would you suggest I do?

Nothing actually...

I just know how to think of you from now on.

Edited by Voyant

Right. Well. Ad hominem will take us nowhere, so if you want to show me why I'm wrong feel free.

• Thumbs Up 8

Say, if I can ask, will we get any bit of new information on this game at the Summer of Sonic, or Sonic Boom?

Possibly. It's not unheard of, but don't be expecting anything. 

Possibly. It's not unheard of, but don't be expecting anything. 

I'll probably expect something, but nothing too big, that is.

Right. Well. Ad hominem will take us nowhere, so if you want to show me why I'm wrong feel free.

I don't think there is a need for that simply since you have already stated your views and remain solid and unyielding...not like they are bad reasons, I just don't agree with them. 

But there are a lot of people being very hypocritical though and I'm just a tad miffed by it considering a lot of those people I have high respect for.

To be honest I'm with Super Soniko on this one as I see no reason to take this thread seriously anymore. I'll just wait till the game comes out and hopefully my woes and personal dislikes change. 

Edited by Voyant

Azure said what I was going to say. Why are we dragging out ad hominem arguments over what is simple impressions about the game? People can like or dislike the game regardless of opinions held in the past. Enjoy the game regardless of other people's impressions and don't make this topic out to be any more dramatic than it is.

• Thumbs Up 5

Heh heh! It's good to see another person with positive thoughts about the game.

Eh, my thoughts on the game aren't that noteworthy. It's not like this thread is completely devoid of those who like how the game is looking so far.

But back on topic, call me naive if you wish, but I really do think that this game will at the very least have a more substantial story than Sonic Generations. I mean, both Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations were both released at around the same time and, especially in the case of the latter, were made with the clear intent of restoring some good faith with the series after the Shadow-'06-Unleashed triple whammy. With everything else in the game looking like a change of pace from the previous ones, maybe they'll put some more genuine effort into the story... well, I certainly hope so, anyway.

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well I guess we'll just wait and see, it certainly has the potential to be better with everything it has but I'm also aware that anything that can go wrong just might.

I just don't wanna get my hopes up, and then wind up more disappointed as a result.

I expect the story to be like Colors': snappy dialogue tying together some extremely loose narrative points at the very most. Sonic does most of the work while everyone else will be underutilized and passive. I don't feel any genuine effort will be on actually telling a decent or slightly more-in-depth story, simply because the collective public is actually happy with what we've been getting. Expecting the bare minimum out of this one as well, though it'd be really, really awesome to be proven wrong.

• Thumbs Up 3

Collective public was also pretty complacent with the boost games for the most part, and yet Sega still changed things up in a big way for this game, so I could be put on record with saying that im expecting the story to be Colors level or greater.

Granted, the public isn't on record for going batshit insane at the idea of different shifts in the normal gameplay in the same way they are towards an involving story, so I wouldn't call the comparison all that apt.

• Thumbs Up 1

Collective public was also pretty complacent with the boost games for the most part, and yet Sega still changed things up in a big way for this game, so I could be put on record with saying that im expecting the story to be Colors level or greater.

Well the gameplay & story have two different priorities; gameplay is changed so players will keep coming back, but as shown with general preference and at worse apathy with the current narrative direction, Sonic Team really have no reason to step up their game with the narrative. Like Nep said tho, I hope to be proven wrong.

Granted, the public isn't on record for going batshit insane at the idea of different shifts in the normal gameplay in the same way they are towards an involving story, so I wouldn't call the comparison all that apt.

Well....they did go apeshit when Shadow held a gun, which wasn't related too much to the narrative

Well, guns weren't so much a shift of normal gameplay into something new so much as a gimmick tacked onto it, but I digress.

The Deadly Six have been getting a weirdly huge amount of focus in the marketing so far; both trailers have opened and closed by making a big deal out of them, and the Colour Power trailer was even framed in terms of "you'll need this stuff to beat these guys". I'm not totally sure how to interpret that, but... that has to mean there's something going on in the story, right, or why would they bother? C'mon, please?

I think a reasonable low-end estimate for Lost World might be that it'll have roughly the same meagre amount of story content as Colours, but a greater number of cutscenes (if only because there'll be about three times as many characters). I'm hoping for something better than that, but I wouldn't be too badly dissatisfied if that was what we ended up with.

Nope, that man went on to be the brand manager and PR for Sonic 4.

.....Is it terrible that i chuckled more than i needed to after reading this? XD

I'm one of those people who don't give much of a toss about story in Sonic games. As long as it isn't actively annoying, I'll take whatever they give. Any time anyone comments on how they want a 'deeper' story I just kind of raise my eyebrows. I guess it just doesn't occur to me that I have to be concerned about how good the story in a Sonic game is.

It's not wrong to want a better story, but I'm perfectly happy with foiling Eggman's generic plot of the week. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So Aaron said "more meat to it, in my opinion". Ahahahaha! "In his opinion"! xD That sure didn't sound like the game will have much more than Generations (which barely had anything).

At the exact moment when they said Pontac is on board and SLW has a lot of wisps, I KNEW the story would suck. Yeah, no surprise here but what was left of hope for having a somewhat good story has been killed. Expect Colors-level story or slightly better/worse.

I wonder if they will have CGi story cutscenes this time. Generations was such a disappointment in that aspect.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sure if they will use cgi cutscenes apart from the opening really, didn't they want to use the in game models for the cutscenes so it isn't as jarring when you go back to actual play or something like that?

I'm not too sure so I can't give a quote but I could also be entirely wrong, of course new system new capabilities so its not a big deal if its not that different, thought it had something to do with the image/model quality difference between cgi and in game.

Although cgi is expensive so if this isn't that high a budget game then I doubt there will be loads

I'm not sure if they will use cgi cutscenes apart from the opening really, didn't they want to use the in game models for the cutscenes so it isn't as jarring when you go back to actual play or something like that?

Well Unleashed and Generations had such beautiful graphics and art direction, it looked amazing even in-game. ..And still remember how awesome were CG scenes in Unleashed? Compared to in-game cutscenes in Unleashed the cutscenes in SLW look like garbage. The game would only benefit from CG scenes.

Although cgi is expensive so if this isn't that high a budget game then I doubt there will be loads

Didn't stop them in

- Sonic adventure

- Sonic adventure 2

- Sonic Heroes

- Shadow the hedgehog

- Sonic the hedgehog

- Sonic Unleashed

- Sonic Colors

- Sonic Riders

- Sonic Riders Zero Gravity

- Sonic and the secret rings

- Sonic and the black knight

Edited by ArtFenix

Some of those games I haven't played but don't a lot of them just have CGI for an opening and ending any some last story parts?, a lot of in game cutscenes in the adventures quite obviously use the game models, heroes uses cgi (pretty obviously) ill give you that as does 06 I think, not sure about unleashed as the quality is about the same :P colours again I think uses the in game models apart from things like the opening and the ending scenes, riders uses the in game models, not sure on ZG, secret rings has comic book style scenes bar a few (ending and entrance to night palace I think) and again not sure on black knight.

Just looking at what appears to be cutscenes in the last trailer, it looks like try are using the in game models for the deadly six, so probably cgi opening, ending and something before the last boss.