Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Watch Knuckles & Amy not even be in the game.

I've already braced myself for it.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 6

Despite Aaron clearing stating that they are in fact in the game.....

Why would he lie?

• Thumbs Up 1

Why would he lie?

I do believe at one point he went on record that we should expect classic amy and classic knuckles in generations way back when.  It's not about lying, its just about last minute development changes that he has no control over.  

Why would he lie?

I dunno, why did they lie about Knuckles & Shadow being in Unleashed? Why would Ken Balough say Sonic 4 is perfect...when ya know, it wasn't.

What I'm saying is, its common for PR to embelish the games they're selling, its their job to make it look good and to make the fans want the game. Its called propoganda. They've barely mentioned anything about Knuckles or Amy, and instead have focused on Sonic, Tails  & Eggman in what they're doing in the plot. Its not that I know they won't be there, its that I have no possible reason to believe as such beyond word of mouth, and consider we've been lied to in the past about characters appearing, excuse me for being just a little skeptical.

• Thumbs Up 4

I dunno, why did they lie about Knuckles & Shadow being in Unleashed? 

Wasn't that just a rumor?

I dunno, why did they lie about Knuckles & Shadow being in Unleashed? Why would Ken Balough say Sonic 4 is perfect...when ya know, it wasn't.

What I'm saying is, its common for PR to embelish the games they're selling, its their job to make it look good and to make the fans want the game. Its called propoganda. They've barely mentioned anything about Knuckles or Amy, and instead have focused on Sonic, Tails  & Eggman in what they're doing in the plot. Its not that I know they won't be there, its that I have no possible reason to believe as such beyond word of mouth, and consider we've been lied to in the past about characters appearing, excuse me for being just a little skeptical.

Really now, your examples are of a mixup/rumor that happened years ago and criticizing Ken for praising and promoting the game even though that's his job in the first place.

Aaron said from the start that Knux and Amy would be in the game, but won't be major characters, that's hardly "embellishing". Hell, we still haven't seen Tails yet either, and yet we pretty confidently believe that he will be in this game. What I'm saying is that there's a difference between embellishing and outright lying, and Aaron stating that Knuckles and Amy will be in the game but won't have major roles comes across as neither.

I dunno, the idea of Sonic Team being seen as bunch of trolls for saying that frequently recurring Sonic characters (who were in the last game mind you) will be in this game is a bit silly to me.

• Thumbs Up 7

Really now, your examples are of a mixup/rumor that happened years ago and criticizing Ken for praising and promoting the game even though that's his job in the first place.   Aaron said from the start that Knux and Amy would be in the game, but won't be major characters, that's hardly "embellishing". Hell, we still haven't seen Tails yet either, and yet we pretty confidently believe that he will be in this game. What I'm saying is that there's a difference between embellishing and outright lying, and Aaron stating that Knuckles and Amy will be in the game but won't have major roles comes across as neither.   I dunno, the idea of Sonic Team being seen as bunch of trolls for saying that frequently recurring Sonic characters (who were in the last game mind you) will be in this game is a bit silly to me.
Just a nitpick, but we have seen Tails in that first screen when he's on the tornado...just sayin.

Just a nitpick, but we have seen Tails in that first screen when he's on the tornado...just sayin.

Hahah oh yeah, forgot about that :P

Wasn't that just a rumor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUZY7Bmwfxs

Skip to 2:00.

I remember this like it was yesterday.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 9

Really now, your examples are of a mixup/rumor that happened years ago and criticizing Ken for praising and promoting the game even though that's his job in the first place.

It wasn't a rumor, it was said during the E3 demo of the game after the trailer. I remember damn well what they said. I never said Ken was to blame for doing his job, but saying that this has happened in the past, and there's no reason to assume it won't happen again.

Aaron said from the start that Knux and Amy would be in the game, but won't be major characters, that's hardly "embellishing". Hell, we still haven't seen Tails yet either, and yet we pretty confidently believe that he will be in this game. What I'm saying is that there's a difference between embellishing and outright lying, and Aaron stating that Knuckles and Amy will be in the game but won't have major roles comes across as neither.

Since you're basically saying I'm wrong for being skeptical, please tell me why I should expect Knuckles & Amy to be in this game besides Aaron's word? Because really, I don't know why you're making it seem like I'm not justified in feeling this way when I already mentioned that its happened in the past.

I dunno, the idea of Sonic Team being seen as bunch of trolls for saying that frequently recurring Sonic characters (who were in the last game mind you) will be in this game is a bit silly to me.

And yet they've done it in the past. Yet, I'm supposed to believe they won't do it again?

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

Since you're basically saying I'm wrong for being skeptical, please tell me why I should expect Knuckles & Amy to be in this game besides Aaron's word? Because really, I don't know why you're making it seem like I'm not justified in feeling this way when I already mentioned that its happened in the past.

Aaron knows more about the game then we do? He knows a decent chunk of what's in it and who's involved? He's a PR for Sega so it's kinda his job to know these things??????

And yet they've done it in the past. Yet, I'm supposed to believe they won't do it again

Uhh yes? I just don't see the logic in believing that "oh this thing happened once one time a long time ago so it stands to reason they'll do it again here for some particular reason". Like, if they were consistent about this kind of thing then sure, but they're not, it happened once, so I don't get it....

Aaron knows more about the game then we do? He knows a decent chunk of what's in it and who's involved? He's a PR for Sega so it's kinda his job to know these things??????

I said besides Aaron. Usually when character is set to appear we're given some type of hint; promotional image, something. We've got none of that. So once again, I have no reason to assume either of them will be in the game.

Uhh yes? I just don't see the logic in believing that "oh this thing happened once one time a long time ago so it stands to reason they'll do it again here for some particular reason". Like, if they were consistent about this kind of thing then sure, but they're not, it happened once, so I don't get it....

Its not about them having a reason, its about it happening, period. If something happens once, who's to say that it won't happen again unless you can see the future, which I'm pretty sure you can't.

This entire argument is really pointless, because what are you even trying to convince me of? That because a PR representative from Sega says something that I'm just automatically supposed to assume what they say is true and have no reason to be skeptical based on past events? That makes no sense to me. I'm skeptical because: A. This has happened before, and I don't care if they don't have a reason to not lie, there's no reason to assume it won't happen either. B. The characters involved have been pushed to the side in recent years, and nothing shows it won't happen again.

The only way you'd be correct in your assesment is if more evidence pointed toward their presence, but there isn't any beyond Aaron and I've already explained why I don't believe him. Now if it turns out to be true, then I will gladly admit I was wrong. But neither of us know at the moment and going by a sliver of info, so once again I ask. Why am I wrong in my skepticism?

Skip to 2:00.

"Will we get to play as any one else besides Sonic?"

"We...We aren't announcing anything on that right now, but stay tuned!"

"Well that sounds like a total definite yes dude, can't wait!"

I bet he's crying himself to sleep every night.

And that rep must be out of a job after a SEGA beating, hahaha.

• Thumbs Up 2

Blah blah blah...... Technically they showed up. Just not in physical form. Some random guy mentions them in the game. Some random guy in Spagonia.

Blah blah blah...... Technically they showed up. Just not in physical form. Some random guy mentions them in the game. Some random guy in Spagonia.

.....and this is supposed to tell me what exactly?

Yo dudes! For youtube users:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApHo-uuAMMU

Well, this certainly looks rather fun to see. My only real point of contention is the coins following behind you; it would've been better to just have a separate counter for them on the HUD. Other than that, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, especially with the possibility of there being more content in the level than just what we've seen in videos like this.

Well, this certainly looks rather fun to see. My only real point of contention is the coins following behind you; it would've been better to just have a separate counter for them on the HUD. Other than that, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, especially with the possibility of there being more content in the level than just what we've seen in videos like this.

Heh heh! It's good to see another person with positive thoughts about the game.

Edited by Flamerstreak

And that rep must be out of a job after a SEGA beating, hahaha.

Nope, that man went on to be the brand manager and PR for Sonic 4.

Agreed, its nice to see some positivity around here with all the negativity thats been going around this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope, that man went on to be the brand manager and PR for Sonic 4.

As he always truly imagined he would be, I'm sure.

Ken's cool, but god damn did his PR rile people up, haha.

Dissy's little nugget of wisdom of the day -

If they show off only one act of a stage, always assume it's the best, most fun one. They're selling you the game - it's their job to make it look like it's worth the cash and you should remember that. Don't go thinking they're saving the real good stuff for the game, because otherwise they'd do a shitty job of showcasing what makes it good in the first place.

If you like it and it does end up being the best, then cool, you got what you paid for. If not and you gambled on it expecting to get more, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment in my opinion.

I'd say obviously some exceptions exist like "it's only the first level", but so far the first level looks like the best one in this game out of everything we've seen so far, and that seriously boggles my mind.

I'm sure if this was another Unleashed style game this view would have been radically different. :/ This is exactly how Dio sounded back when Generations only had Green Hill and Chemical Plant to show. 

In fact I remember you quite defending that game and telling people to "wait and see" for better things to be shown as well. Oh how things can change so fast when its not something you like. Just Saying.

Edited by Voyant

I'm sure if this was another Unleashed style game this view would have been radically different. :/ This is exactly how Dio sounded back when Generations only had Green Hill and Chemical Plant to show. 

In fact I remember you quite defending that game and telling people to "wait and see" for better thongs to be shown as a lot of others that agree with you. Just saying.

Because those were the first two levels. Not only that, but I personally liked what I saw anyway. The game comes out in three months, right? By this point in Generations' cycle we'd already seen footage up to... Seaside Hill, I think? I'm absolutely positive we saw Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary, and City Escape by that point, right?

I may have defended first two levels of the game on the basis that almost every Sonic game starts out with rather simple level design and picks up as it goes along, but I most certainly was not telling people to wait and see every single other level if they still disliked everything they saw that far into the game's coverage. 

As a side-note, what exactly are you trying to tell me with this post? That I'm a hypocrite, or that I should wait and see?

As a side-note, what exactly are you trying to tell me with this post? That I'm a hypocrite, or that I should wait and see?

I believe your indeed being a bit hypocritical yes...in fact...a lot of people are on both sides.

Edited by Voyant

I'm just going to stop taking this thread seriously, I'll probably end up enjoying it either way despite how it turns out, like every other game in the series.

Not that I pay attention to opinions here when games like Sonic Heroes and Sonic Riders are my favourite games in the entire series lol.

• Thumbs Up 7