Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Sonic the Hedgehog (Xbox 360) Special/Limited Edition [PAL]

It comes in a metallic shiny case.

f58b1d060af8ce20d3d1_6.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=225239133927

f58b1d060af8ce20d3d1_7.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=873653121757

f58b1d060af8ce20d3d1_8.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=553457757224

Underneath the metallic shiny case, you get the regular boxed version of the game.

f58b1d060af8ce20d3d1_1.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=68848600843

f58b1d060af8ce20d3d1_2.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=257694381056

Inside the box, you get two rare cards.

f58b1d060af8ce20d3d1_3.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=518899491521

f58b1d060af8ce20d3d1_4.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=909547824178

f58b1d060af8ce20d3d1_5.jpg?is=true&ps=true&rand=314249040791

That's all there is. I hope you enjoyed my photos.

Edited by Spi
  • Thumbs Up 3

Seeing as how this has been bumped I'll repeat what I said before. The story as a whole makes no sense since Mephiles could have just fused with the Iblis in Silver's timeline. I still can't believe that the writers never notice this.

Compaired to Shadow and Silver's storylines, Sonics is pretty boring. And Dr. Robotnik's plan to use Iblis to control time is a very underdeveloped storyline. Plus Iblis can't control time that's Mephiles power.

I love Shadow's storyline, and I think Mephiles is a great villain.

Silver's storyline is ok, but I hate how it fucks up Blaze's story, and Iblis is a boring villain.

And then there's Elise. Her story is a mess. Plus she grows up and has never cried. That's not normal for a person. I'm surprise that she hasn't insane from holding her emotions in all this time.

My favorite plothole is the circular story of the blue chaos emerald. I don't even mean "favorite" sarcastically, it's just fun to think about. Eggman takes it from Elise, Silver takes it from Eggman, Silver gives it back to Elise in the past, and Elise grows up with it, ad infinitum, never explaining how Sonic gets it in all the previous games. It would have been incredibly clever if they actually acknowledged it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I blew it.

Actually, in all honesty I like the game as much as Heroes or Shadow. I don't really mind it, but it also doesn't really do anything for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Lol what? Are we really comparing a game with even less story than in SG [no cutscenes, no dialogs, no nothing] from freaking 1993 on Sega CD to modern huge games? You've got to be kidding right?

You said you wanted any example of a game involving time travel with no plotholes in sight. Sonic CD (and Crash Bandicoot 3) is exactly that, and it's plot isn't that straightforward (you've got the Little Planet, the Futures, Metal Sonic...). And the intro and ending don't count as cutscenes?

Even if it wasn't rushed, I wouldn't have liked the story anyway, because there was nothing about it I liked. Not Iblis, not Elise, not Silver's usage and partnership with Blaze, not Sonic's lackluster death at the hands of Mephiles, not it's ruined future, nothing. The only things I like are so vague that they could be used for a completely different plot entirely (eg: Robotnik having an arctic fortress).

His World Instrmental remix heard in first trailer and Brawl.

Pretty much the only thing from this game I can "love."

I also give credit to the game for being the last game to have multiple characters playable (as well as it's "Team Amigo" system-the closest thing to S3&K in 3D in terms of playable characters and level design) before the Sola Sonica tread began and to an extent Amy's characterization (seems a lot more similar to her Adventure characterization IMO). Also liked Silver and Mephiles for a bit.

Edited by Zinos

I remember hearing that Blaze was the only character in Sonic 06 that was fun to play as.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I said I'd leave this thread, but goddamn, reading through this is so much fun!

I think Sonic 2006 had the best hub world of all the Sonic games. It had an interesting archetectural style (which suffered somewhat due to the low poly count, but...), was large and wide open for the most part, had human beings that didn't look like freaks of nature (see: Sonic Adventure, Unleashed), things to find and collect, and actual missions as well (even if they did have absurd loading times). I spent hours tooling around Soleana as Sonic, collecting all the silver medals and performing silly little tasks and feets for the civilians. It was fun.

While Sonic Adventure may have the more compact and memorable design, it didn't have nearly as much to do. Same with Unleashed's various hubs, except it was arguably worse in that regard, because the hubs were even smaller and split between two different areas where Sonic controled completely different; also, except for the boring as hell excorcism battles, no missions actually took place in them to my knowledge.

I said I'd leave this thread, but goddamn, reading through this is so much fun!

I think Sonic 2006 had the best hub world of all the Sonic games. It had an interesting archetectural style (which suffered somewhat due to the low poly count, but...), was large and wide open for the most part, had human beings that didn't look like freaks of nature (see: Sonic Adventure, Unleashed), things to find and collect, and actual missions as well (even if they did have absurd loading times). I spent hours tooling around Soleana as Sonic, collecting all the silver medals and performing silly little tasks and feets for the civilians. It was fun.

While Sonic Adventure may have the more compact and memorable design, it didn't have nearly as much to do. Same with Unleashed's various hubs, except it was arguably worse in that regard, because the hubs were even smaller and split between two different areas where Sonic controled completely different; also, except for the boring as hell excorcism battles, no missions actually took place in them to my knowledge.

• Thumbs Up 4

The hubs in 2006 were unremarkable.

Which makes it even more annoying that Soleanna was based on Venice. I love Venice-expies, so seeing a disrespectful and despicable one as this created many a bitter tear in my eyes. But then Pirate's Island and Rooftop Run came and took the pain away.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

I say we destroy every copy of '06, and remove every mention of it from everywhere. Then, we rewrite history by stating that there was no main series title release in 2006. We'll have to also explain why elements of '06 exist in Generations. We'll just say that those elements were from a Sonic game that was never released, and SEGA added these unreleased concepts in Generations as a gift to fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

I say we destroy every copy of '06, and remove every mention of it from everywhere. Then, we rewrite history by stating that there was no main series title release in 2006. We'll have to also explain why elements of '06 exist in Generations. We'll just say that those elements were from a Sonic game that was never released, and SEGA added these unreleased concepts in Generations as a gift to fans.

Nah, I'd miss the soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yep; I liked it.

Better than Colors imo

-puts on Sonic hat I got with the pre-ordered copy of Colors-

Come at me bro.

Well, anyways. I always thought Blaze was fun to play as in '06, and I love the soundtrack as well. Other than that, I don't like it too much.

And by that we mean the rest of it. Everyone always goes on and on about His World. Naw man, for me, it's got to be Aquatic Base. And Egg Wyvern.

• Thumbs Up 1

I couldn't get into Blaze's gameplay much. I think her screentime was too short for me to appreciate them.

The only thing I liked in Sonic 06 (aside from the music) is playing as Shadow, purely because it's Shadow.

Far as hub worlds go: It is painstakingly bland... Sonic Adventure had the best hub world so far, but the real problem with the '06 town stages was the town missions and the incredibly bad loading screens.

Edited by Marco

I remember hearing that Blaze was the only character in Sonic 06 that was fun to play as.

I honestly don't see where that claim comes from. I thought she played like shit, in fact I think she was the worst playing character other than Knuckles and Rouge.

True the soundtrack was great.

Hmmm... perhaps we just say that the soundtrack was released in 2006 to celebrate the series. SEGA's top music talent put together a collection of new tunes celebrating the styles of music heard in past games.

Okay first, there is no scenario where the word "objectively" can be followed by any judgement, no matter how popular an opinion is- to me, the notion is reprehensable and is the root of most of the world's problems; the only reason Sonic 06 is a bad game is because a substantially large proportion of subjective viewpoints exist to make the judgement.
I think the problem here is that you're jumping between the two extremes; either there is a 100% complete way to judge a game objectively (which you reject), or objectivity has no place in judgments. But these are not the only options, and both of these are wrong. There are plenty of things that are subjective, debatable, up to personal opinion, etc. But there are also things that are objective, or so close that there is no reasonable defense of them; '06's ridiculous load times, for one. And I think that '06's objective problems are so great that it cannot reasonably be called a good game regardless of what one feels of the subjective aspects.

Secondly, there's no such thing as a "valid" or "invalid" opinion- that doesn't even make sense.
An opinion is invalid if it is based on falsehoods.

An opinion may be formed based on invalid information or a substantially narrow mindset, but that doesn't change the fact that the opinion is out there.
Okay? So the opinion exists. No one's denied that. You were supposed to show that the opinion is valid.

If objectivity is allowed to filter people's standards, everything on Metacritic would have an extremely narrow window of scores, because everyone who doesn't say a bad game is bad, an average game is average or a good game is good will be ignored by the system.
Again, there is no One True Judgment. Even considering some aspects to be objective, there's still plenty that's left up to interpretation and personal preference.
  • Thumbs Up 7

I also give credit to the game for being the last game to have multiple characters playable (as well as it's "Team Amigo" system-the closest thing to S3&K in 3D in terms of playable characters and level design) before the Sola Sonica tread began

To be honest, I BLAME Sonic 06 and the other 3D Sonic games for mishandling other playable characters. When people play as Shadow in Sonic 06 and realize how NOT FUN he is, they're just going to use it as an excuse to bash the concept of non-Sonic characters.

Granted, playing as Sonic in the game wasn't any better, but nobody's going to say that you shouldn't be able to play as him since he's the main character.

• Thumbs Up 6