Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Speaking of Shadow, I kind of want Kirk to keep that snake tone in Shadow's voice for certain lines. It can make something average meme worthy.

You've Got ThisssSonic!

I really like this analogy.

Though as far as Angst goes, I believe the term is used wrongly when describing Shadow. The definiton for angst is "a feeling of anxiety, apprehension, or insecurity". In Sonic '06, which is a game I've only played once but seen a bunch of LP's for, I've never really noticed this notion of angst. His story tries to pull out a large amount of drama however, with Mephiles saying the world will betray him and his robotic friend is gonna kill him 'n such, but Shadow either brushed it off or gave it some thought then went "Eh, whatever." and went on with his mission.

I believe the best term to describe Shadow is stoic, if not emotionless. That nearly describes him in all the games past Shadow the Hedgehog, with the exception of Sonic Rivals 2 and Sonic Free Riders (Free Riders having a way different take on him).

Batman is also stoic, and still has more facial expressions than Shadow had in 06.

Sonic 06 eh? What did I "like"

-> Great opening cutscene

-> Nice open level design

-> Great soundtrack

-> Blaze is pretty decent

Everything else is garbage to the steamiest degree. Even the pros of the game have "cons" in them.

Whilst the opening CG cutscene looks fantastic, all the ingame cutscenes are garbage. They're animated so poorly it's painful. As someone who aspires to go into animation, it just looks so disgusting how "plastic" the character movements are. They look like puppets, and do really stupid overexaggerated gestures a lot of the time. Ones that don't have any proper intricacy to them. I remember a particular cutscene where Tails is supposed to be typing something on a keyboard, but instead it looks like he's slapping the keyboard like a three year old. Far too much arm and wrist movement and not enough finger movement. That kind of thing.

Whilst the level design is quite open, there's nothing to do in most of it. What's the point of this space if there's nothing to do in it? You can't even make cool shortcuts very often in it either because of how crappy the physics are and how gimped every move in Sonic's arsenal feels.

Honestly though, I could go on a HUGE rant on how this game is a steaming piece of crap, but I've answered title question already so I'll stop.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 1

Batman is also stoic, and still has more facial expressions than Shadow had in 06.

As far as I remember pretty much everyone for the majority of the game had a emotionless face.

Sonic 06.... I like the music in it. Even though it doesn't sound like Sonic music. And I like the Opening, even though it doesn't feel like Sonic....

fuck that game

Sonic 06.... I like the music in it. Even though it doesn't sound like Sonic music. And I like the Opening, even though it doesn't feel like Sonic....

fuck that game

Wow, wait. How is that the music doesn't feel like Sonic? Care to explain?

To me the music was just great.

Wow, wait. How is that the music doesn't feel like Sonic? Care to explain?

To me the music was just great.

The music was excellent, but if I heard it somewhere I wouldn't be able to tell it was from Sonic. I guess that's just me though.

The music was excellent, but if I heard it somewhere I wouldn't be able to tell it was from Sonic. I guess that's just me though.

Well, there are music tracks like these in a lot of Sonic games. The most important thing for the music is to sound good. 06 music sounds great. In colors, for example, there were also some tracks that didn't feel like Sonic, but they were great nonetheless.

I think the game in which the music didn't feel like Sonic was Sonic Unleashed, but again, a lot of music was great. A lot of tracks grew on me.

Yeah I like the soundtrack, but Sonic isn't exactly known for... orchestral music. The only tracks I'd say sound inherently "Sonic" are Wave Ocean, Radical Train and White Acropolis.

Yeah I like the soundtrack, but Sonic isn't exactly known for... orchestral music. The only tracks I'd say sound inherently "Sonic" are Wave Ocean, Radical Train and White Acropolis.

Well, this kind of music is pretty common now. S06, Unleashed, Colors - all these games have some similar styles. S06 has just a bit more "serious" feel to it.

Well, this kind of music is pretty common now. S06, Unleashed, Colors - all these games have some similar styles. S06 has just a bit more "serious" feel to it.

I'm not so sure about that. Okay, Unleashed had a few orchestrial, bombastic tracks, but it was mostly in certain cutscenes and the title screen. Other than that, orchestrial music doesn't come around often outside major boss fights. In fact, Color's soundtrack gave me nostalgia for simple, early 3D platformer music like Chameleon Twist and Super Monkey Ball.

I have something to say(or else I wouldn't be posting in this topictongue.png ), 06 was a unfinished, broken game that had something to offer if finished properly, but it wasn't so the game must be judged for how it was and not by what could have been. And with in mind I say that I was able to find some fun in the game and if a friend ask me if I liked the game I say yes, but when they ask me if they should play I always say no because for me its one of sonic's worst games, what its strange is that some of my friends asked this question and had already played the game and said to me that the game is not as bad as they thought(and my friends don't usually play sonic games).

That said, even do the game seems bad there is still people out there that actually liked the game and are not fans, I don't know why but its true. It appears that this game is so badly talked online that most people must think its an abomination when its not. Its just a bad game. Even I when I bought the game(last year), when I put the disk on the console I said to my self "let's see if this game is that bad" and when I finished the game I said "hum, its not that bad, not good, but still...".

Now that I have said this I would like to move on, but never forget this game and I hope sonic team never forgets it too, so its mistakes never happen again.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's what i thought too about the game, it's not that bad, it's one of those games i would say "hey, I feel like playing sonic 06" The two player race was fun,

Multiplayer is what I hated the most out of the game and what gave me the biggest dissapointment.

I really can't see how people can have fun with it. It's so unbalanced and broken. Even the Tag Team mode was a mess.

Multiplayer is what I hated the most out of the game and what gave me the biggest dissapointment.

I really can't see how people can have fun with it. It's so unbalanced and broken. Even the Tag Team mode was a mess.

Silver was the only character you ever needed.

I didn't really like the side characters gameplay, there legit useless especially amy, the best one is probably Omega

Me and my brother just enjoyed multiplayer, it was glitchy, but fun

Silver was the only character you ever needed.

Silver was the worst character because he's so unfathomably slow. The only two characters worth playing was Sonic and Shadow. Sonic and his gems are so broken that Race Mode is unplayable (You could say don't use the gems but my friend is a dick), and Tag Team's level design was bawls. It was such a colossal disapointment because my friend and myself clocked days worth of hours just playing multiplayer on SA2:B.

The side characters were in multiplayer? I never seen them, so I'm assuming it's DLC.

lol so random

Do you guys know that Silver side mission where you have to avenge the spirit of a dead pilot who died while trying to race through a ring course?

I thought it was kind of funny how the course ended with the rings running straight down to the ground.

• Thumbs Up 5

lol so random

Do you guys know that Silver side mission where you have to avenge the spirit of a dead pilot who died while trying to race through a ring course?

I thought it was kind of funny how the course ended with the rings running straight down to the ground.