Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

You can play as Tails, Knuckles & Amy off the bat? Bout fucking time.

Yeah, I'll check this out. I got bored of Jump pretty quickly after beating everything so hopefully this can keep my attention.

... Oh, dear. I cannot see these touch controls working well at all. At best, they'll occasionally get fiddly and fuck you up without it being your fault. I don't trust touch controls like that to actually do what you want them to.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Late in the gameplay trailer, there's a part where it advertises playable Knuckles and says you need 60 Red Rings to use him.

Late in the gameplay trailer, there's a part where it advertises playable Knuckles and says you need 60 Red Rings to use him.

Well...fuck.

Wait, new 2.5D Sonic game? So is it like Colors......but all 2D? Yay speculation.

Kinda doubting my Android phone could even run that, lmao.

And yeah the controls do look awkward to me. Phones will never be as good as controllers with buttons sad.png (looks fun and addictive as hell tho)

Edited by SuperLink

Now all my friends are gonna think Dash is how actual Sonic console games are like lol.

Anyway, looking forward to this!

Wait, new 2.5D Sonic game? So is it like Colors......but all 2D? Yay speculation.

S4E2 was 2.5D don't forget.

S4E2 was 2.5D don't forget.

If it is indeed another Sonic 4 then I hope that they continue to make improvements like they did from Episode 1 to 2. 

... Oh, dear. I cannot see these touch controls working well at all. At best, they'll occasionally get fiddly and fuck you up without it being your fault. I don't trust touch controls like that to actually do what you want them to.

Swiping and tapping? These are not terrible controls, and I can't even conceive of a better way to make such a game function as simply as possible. 

If anything, my biggest gripe with it is the floaty animation when Sonic launches into the air. Otherwise, everything else looks above and beyond for the project.

• Thumbs Up 9

It could be anything. But basically it's not necessarily certain confirmation, and this is the Dash topic :P

I really hope that future updates to this game will add in other levels. It'd be great to have more. But for now, I'm absolutely downloading this when it goes live tonight.

So, what are the chances of them adding in, say, Jungle Joyride as a course to run through? Or rather, them making any more courses at all?

So, what are the chances of them adding in, say, Jungle Joyride as a course to run through? Or rather, them making any more courses at all?

If Sonic Jump did it I can't see why Dash won't.

I'm not really big on iOS gaming, but it looks like it can be a decent time waster.

My only problem is when Sonic hits a spring.  It's like the game completely forgets what gravity is for a few seconds and it makes Sonic's landing look awkward and clumsy.  

Edited by Nix

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Proud to be an owner of the iPhone 5 just to play games like this. I'm going to pretend that this is my birthday gift.

Hardlight, while I was disappointed that you still haven't finished Sonic Jump, you are forgiven. <3

AND AMMMMYYYY! <333

So it's got Badniks, the quick step, the homing attack, the boost, the trick system, and the spindash in place of the slide. How many fans requested that last one again? I lost count. 

Well...fuck.

You must earn playing as Sonic's shitty friends Ragna.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't really care for Jump; I only got it because they had it for free. But this... well, wow. This just looks miles better. Miles I say.

Digging the Seaside Hill remix... and now I'm curious what else they'll do. I'm getting the feeling this could have practically unlimited DLC stuff for a while to come.

...is this only gonna be for iPhone 5? I believe I have a 4... would be a bummer majoris if it was 5 only.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

For my two cents, the uploader talking about a 2.5D Sonic Game is just assuming that's what it will be since both Sonic 4 and the last three main Sonic games have utilized that style to some extent. Or is talking out of his behind. It's just obvious they're making a new Sonic and it will probably continue in the style we've been getting, cha ching conclusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

This basically looks like the ground work for a game like SatSR, only done right. They could definitely make a full title with this sort of gameplay if they were willing to expand up on it. It's looking very, very good. 

Agreed. The one thing that really turned me off from the storybook titles, aside from the wonky motion controls, were the stage designs themselves. They just looked so unappealing to me. At least with Dash we're getting bright and colorful Sonic stages complete with totem poles, springs, bombs, badniks and loops. Pure Sonic. Not Sonic thrown into a completely different world. Like Shadzter pointed out, it does very much look like the E3 Sonic DS demo.

I hadn't actually seen Temple Run until now (out of curiosity) and damn this looks pretty much identical gameplay wise except slower

slower

• Thumbs Up 3

Now if we have a giant Eggman machine chasing Sonic, you get all my money.

Now if we have a giant Eggman machine chasing Sonic, you get all my money.

Yes please.

I wonder if there will be any sort of "boss" like feature, actually.

I swear to God each time Sonic does that high jump from an island level to another, looks like he's not gonna make it!

I also laughed so hard at 3:00 on the video, who builds a bridge this low? That's freaking hilarious x'D

The game looks awesome, music's cool as well. It fits Sonic perfectly, it kinda looks like Temple Run is the one who's copying tongue.png And I really hope for more scenaries! Give us some Grand Metropolis since it's from Heroes too!

Edited by Jango

I swear to God each time Sonic does that high jump from an island level to another, looks like he's not gonna make it! xD

I know! I was shouting at the screen all through the video saying: "Sonic you're gonna die! Watch out! Ahhhhhhh!"