Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

ehh might just be my phone then, I suspect they'd work better on a larger device like a tablet, it just looks so shaky and pretty poor quality on my Xperia Arc, oh wells~

Ahh OK... yeah, I use a tablet. :/ I kinda like Jump, if I am honest... sorry didn't mean to sound defensive, I was just confused... or wondering if I was missing out! XD [/offtopic]

This looks like it would run rather well on my tablet, so I reeeeeally do hope SEGA get their butts in gear and get it on Android soon! biggrin.png I've got a lot of Metro and tram journeys that need entertainment!

Edited by Doctor Mambotnik

I think the problem with the Android version is that it has to work on so many different models, with so many different variations and specifications, so ultimately the experience is hampered a little compared to the iOS version, which is near as dammit One Size Fits All.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say really. As a whole, it probably won't be better, but I think it could be more fun. 

Yeah I agree with what you say. It is basically taking the straightforward obstacle courses in the console 3d sonic's, and then execute that into a mobile game that gets everything out of that element with a great variety and interesting ideas.

Edited by Djawed

Just seen the gameplay and it looks fun so I will be downloading this tomorrow. The only thing I'm unsure of was where Sonic is in the air and lands onto the next platform though. I thought Sonic was going to fall into the sea at first :/

Looks pretty fun, although, I'm wondering, is it going to be like Temple Run where it speeds up as you progress? Because Sonic looks awfully slow in that video. Also, still really want Shadow on Sonic Jump, but oh well. :V

Edited by Burnt Ash

Hey look, so everyone's suggestion of Modern Sonic using Spindash to slide is finally here...

...in a spin-off game. Wee!

• Thumbs Up 5

This game looks really, really good. I can't wait to see the other environments too! Seriously can't wait to see further developments with this. I just hope there's a way you can play the game landscape with your phone, instead of always portrait, because that would be the bee's knee's. That's all I really ask, though I doubt it will happen.

I like how Sonic Dash is called "Sonic's first endless runner game", meaning that even SEGA have forgotten that Sonic the Sketchhog existed. Well done.

Did that come out outside Japan? If so, it still mustn't have been advertised anywhere near as much as this. No wonder they forgot it. 

^ It did, but only as a part of a 20th Anniversary app, which SEGA took down as soon as the anniversary was over. Awfully nice of them, I was well looking forward to playing it when I eventually got my iPod touch :(

Has anyone made the mandatory whining over Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace yet?

cause if not baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Has anyone made the mandatory whining over Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace yet?

cause if not baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

I'm obligated to say it's in jest because some people take everything too seriously

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm going to be blunt.

SEGA's sex slave (seaside hill) needs to stop being raped so often. :/

It fitst the mobile platform perfectly though.

Does it?  If one gets good at an endless game, that's quite a time investment, and a game where failure means losing a lot of progress is awkward to pause on.  Sonic Jump had levels, why not this?  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it being endless only of course, I'd just rather have set levels to play too that I know will take -this- much time because -this- is how much time I have to kill.

Though if there's a save feature that lets you continue an in-progress round then there's no problem.

I'm going to be blunt.

SEGA's sex slave (seaside hill) needs to stop being raped so often. :/

...How is an analogy like that in any way appropriate.

• Thumbs Up 6

Well that was fast.

Just like Sonic!!!

Yeah...That joke has been done to death =B

Swiping and tapping? These are not terrible controls, and I can't even conceive of a better way to make such a game function as simply as possible.

I can think of one. It's called a d-pad. Proven, reliable, and even more simple. Lack of proper controls holds mobile gaming back.

I can think of one. It's called a d-pad. Proven, reliable, and even more simple. Lack of proper controls holds mobile gaming back.

At this point, you're just downing touch/mobile games because you're attacking the inherent device they're designed and optimized to run on, in which case I don't know why you'd single Dash out under the context of "these controls look horrible"- as if this game was specifically designed badly, which again it's not- instead of just coming out and lambasting mobile games as a whole.

• Thumbs Up 5

Wow this game look more amazing than I thought it would be.(I'd Dio says he likes it, I think I will die!) this thing look like it could e a xbla or psn game! Wow....it's beautiful.

At this point, you're just downing touch/mobile games because you're attacking the inherent device they're designed and optimized to run on, in which case I don't know why you'd single Dash out under the context of "these controls look horrible"- as if this game was specifically designed badly, which again it's not- instead of just coming out and lambasting mobile games as a whole.

To be perfectly clear, there are mobile games that play very well, mainly because they play to the device's strengths and try to avoid extraneous touch controls that doesn't suit the platform - Sonic Jump is a perfect example of this. But this is a case where I can't imagine the controls not being simply unreliable, not to mention swiping doesn't have the response time of a d-pad.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

This looks very impressive for an iOS game. I actually wish I had a device to play this on, it looks very entertaining and feels closer to a Sonic game than I ever would have expected a mere touch device app to emulate.

• Thumbs Up 2