Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Seaside Hill is the modern era's Green Hill and I think we should all just accept it. tongue.png

Oh gawd hahahahahahahaha!

dashmouth.png

No, SEGA. That is still not how you draw a mouth on Sonic! 

But it's not a drawing, its a render! 

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 2

Seaside Hill AGAIN? Bahaha are you serious? It's a good level but come ON, it's not THAT iconic. Here's rooting for more Planet Wisp though, love that stage.

Wonder if, following Seaside Hill, we'll run through new or more existing levels?

Just to think about it logically.

The three zones that are synonymous with Sonic due to looking like Green Hill Zone:

Green Hill - 3D art avaliable?  Yes.  Music easy to use?  No.

Splash Hill - Music easy to use?  Yes.  3D art avaliable?  No.

Seaside Hill - 3D art avaliable?  Yes.  Music easy to use?  Yes.

So yeah, if they're gonna reuse existing zones and need one to be the standard tropical level... Seaside Hill is your man.

And the mouth is making me laugh coz if you cover up one part it looks like he's cheesy smiling and if you cover up the other he looks like a grumpy-wumpy Sawnic, b'aaw.

Edited by JezMM

That background doesn't look that much like Seaside Hill. That loop looks nothing like the loops in Seaside Hill - they're usually made o' stone.

I'd rather wait to see some gameplay footage to see if it's really in the game.

But then again people have said the same thing when they saw the boxart for Transformed and that ended up being a stage for the game so....

Anyone else notice the slight bit of frown next to where the smile ends, possible mouth edit? Also sonic's body and legs appear to be a fair bit smaller than usual.

Edited by Liam The Animator

Press release

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO – 4th March 2013 –SEGA® Europe and SEGA® of America Inc. are excited to announce Sonic Dash™ the fast and endless running mobile game . Following the success of Sonic Jump™, this infinite running title is the latest created exclusively for mobile platforms from Hardlight Studios. Sonic Dash will be available on to the App Store soon.

Our spikey hero goes on a fast and frenzied 3D dash through the stunning grassy verges of Seaside Hill. Challenge your friends to run as far into the hill as you can and beat their best times!

About SEGA® Europe Ltd.:

SEGA® Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe’s web site is located at www.sega.com.

About SEGA® of America, Inc.

SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA® Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America’s Web site is located at www.sega.com

Yay it's 3D! Edited by Blue Blood

More HQ art

72364-sonic-dash.jpg

72365-sonic-dash.jpg

Pocket Gamer FR

I'm really loving that logo.

There's-a something about the Sonic render that just looks so... DERP!

But seriously, SEGA, I'll get it if:

- It's free (I have no money or credit card)

- It's on Android (I'll get an I Pad someday.)

- And on some other downloadable device with a touch screen (e.g. Wii U or 3DS)

- And multiple characters-

Hold on...

And multiple characters

Could this be the game the rumor was talking about?

• Thumbs Up 1

Jebus, this render makes Sonic looks more retarded than ever, look at his arms, his face, his mouth :< And Seaside Hill? Do you really like to have fun over us, hum SEGA? :/

Edited by Jango

SANICDASH.jpg

Dear Iizuka, 

I fixed your Sonic.

Who is this Uekawa guy anyway?

I'll be waiting for your call

Ta

Kieran

(Other than weird art, I'm looking forward to this!)

So much better it's funny. Now it's a really cool render.

Who is this Uekawa guy anyway?

The guy who has messed up every Sonic model. tongue.png

The black part of his mouth is the reason you guys are poking fun at it?

It look like lipstick. What can I say?

It look like lipstick. What can I say?

Do you even know what lipstick looks like? That don't look like lipstick at all.

The black part of his mouth is the reason you guys are poking fun at it?

It makes his mouth look weird, is all.

• Thumbs Up 4

You guys, Sonic is reading all this right now and he is a little skeeved out about how much you're focusing on his mouth.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since when did Yuji Uekawa produce 3D renders? He deals with the 2D artwork and I think he draws the poses for the 3D artists to base their renders on... which always look shit.

• Thumbs Up 5