Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Android version listed? Gooood, goood... *rubs hands*

Also it looks as though poor Amy has broken her wrist...:D

Edited by MamboCat

Also it looks as though poor Amy has broken her wrist...biggrin.png

Silly Mambo, you know Sonic characters have evolved beyond the need for wrists, or bones, or any semblance of sensical anatomical structure!

I JUST realized that this is the first 3D Sonic game where Sonic isn't the only fully playable character since SA2.

Anyways, is this game any good? It looks like it's fun but it seems to be a little rough around the edges.

maybe by fully playable he meant the fact that in Black Knight most of the characters are only playable on a fraction of stages.

Bit disappointed at the moment, because it doesn't run as smoothly on an iPod Touch 4th Gen as I would expect it to.

I'm guessing it's something that Hardlight can patch, but considering it's on a graphical par with Agent Dash & Temple Run 2, the fact that it runs slower is a tad disappointing.

The game is fun for the first bit. Than it gets "hard". And by that I mean it throws cheap deaths at you by hiding obstacles behind other obstacles and it wants you to use red rings to continue. And when you're out of red rings it wants you to spend more money on red rings.

It's literally a game designed to get as much money out of you as it can. It's crazy that they charge for it up front as well cause there is very little content to begin with. It's a game little Bobby will probably accidentally spend a hundred bucks from his dad's credit card on.

*Sigh* .....Before it used to be SA2 was the last Sonic game. Now they're trying to go backwards even further like everyone forgot about 2008 to 2011. I swear, IGN just do not want to like a Sonic game....

Don't you see? Seeing as Sonic 4 Episode 2 was kinda crappy, and All-Stars Racing Transformed is technically in the "Sega Superstars" series, they're obviously talking about the 2011 version of Sonic CD.

Edited by Old Freddy

Anyone yet point out the similarities with the DS Demo of old? Hell I was calling it Sonic Dash at one point if I made a full game of that. :(

*Sigh* .....Before it used to be SA2 was the last Sonic game. Now they're trying to go backwards even further like everyone forgot about 2008 to 2011. I swear, IGN just do not want to like a Sonic game....

So now Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles aren't even deemed good games? For god sake IGN... what a shitty site.

---

Oh yeah, playing it on an iPhone 4, runs great (as long as I'm not running a ton of background apps). Oddly everything seems to be 1:1 with the iPad and iPhone 5 aside from the menu not panning around to the shop and trophy and options robot thingy. Instead, the menu just stays on the Sonic Dash sign.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Because I have an iPhone 5, the game runs very smooth in my end so I have no problems. Some of these missions are ridiculous though. The red rings are hard to collect in this game. I'm on 23 RR at the moment after 2 hours of gameplay. 

I really love the touches they have done with the menu. This game will keep you busy for a long time, compared to Sonic Jump.

Now to continue scrapping for 7 more red rings...

Okay, I hate the  Red Rings and missions in this game. In Jump, if you found yourself with a difficult mission you could use regular Rings to skip it. Or, if you wanted to, you could keep it on your list while you tried to complete other missions and hopefully make some progress in the meantime. But this time around, there's no such luck.

Each set of missions comes in 3- a bronze, a silver and a gold. You don't get any new missions or Red Rings until you complete each one in a set. And if you want to skip a mission, it costs you a high sum of Red Rings. Right now I'm at x6 Multiplier (I think that's like level 3) with these missions: Bronze- Spend 1000 rings in the store, Silver- Complete 25 Ring streaks in one run, Gold- Score 30 enemy combos in total. Bronze and Gold were really easy to complete, but Silver is another matter entirely. "Ring streaks" are, as the game doesn't tell you, when you collect a full line of rings without missing any. This is simple at the start of the stage, but by about number 10 they're noticably very difficult to do. The highest streak I have ever managed is 22.

So until I either do this mission, spend 6 of my 19 Red Rings to skip it or buy Red Rings with real money, I can't progress with the game. It's fun, but the cash grabbing is worse than I can tolerate really.  My total play time is 4hrs 3 mins.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone yet point out the similarities with the DS Demo of old? Hell I was calling it Sonic Dash at one point if I made a full game of that. sad.png

I really really don't get why anyone would actually want that DS tech demo as an actual game. All there is to it is rubbing the touch screen really fast. It's pretty much the same as a game in which all you do is mash one button, except you ruin the screen. All that is appealing about it is that it looks good for something on a DS, which makes sense cause you know, it's a tech demo.

Edited by TimmiT

I don't know why they had to make this visually demanding. It's.. not necessary at all.

I don't know why they had to make this visually demanding. It's.. not necessary at all.

I think it's buggy and not running the way it should on 4th Gen iDevices. I've noticed that items are no longer showing up on the screen when you get box, nor are bonus rings from tricks for me. They were originally and  not they aren't. The water isn't rendering properly either. 

Yep... not paying $1.99 (That I don't even have) for a buggy game.

But hey, I'm the guy who spent $50 on Mario Galaxy 2.

Edited by DaHog

So now Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles aren't even deemed good games? For god sake IGN... what a shitty site.

Diffrent people review games at IGN so their opinions differ. Just cause he said it doesn't mean all of IGN think the same.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm wondering by "Sonic CD" if that guy meant the re-release... but the fact that he corrected the other commentator so (paraphrased):

"hey, you're actually a Sonic fan!"

"I was..."

"but not one of the creepy ones..." XD (so liking Sonic games makes us all creepy, huh?)

makes me think he meant the original version. In which case, get stuffed buddy! biggrin.png

Still,  they did praise the visuals of the game and acknowledged that Jump isn't just a port of Doodle Jump! biggrin.png It does look like it might be a bit demanding for smaller screens. I wonder why they went for this style of animation and not or a simpler style.

Edited by MamboCat

Sounds like a magnificent bastard approach to marketing. Question is, did they make the drug addictive enough people will find it hard to break the habit?

I always hear microtransactions are evil but hey it's a pretty effective marketing technique, otherwise no one would do it.

Sad to hear there's some bugs. Ah well, that's day one for you.

The game is fun for the first bit. Than it gets "hard". And by that I mean it throws cheap deaths at you by hiding obstacles behind other obstacles and it wants you to use red rings to continue. And when you're out of red rings it wants you to spend more money on red rings.

Sega's taking notes from Dimps and the development team that brought us Final Fantasy: All the Bravest.

"but not one of the creepy ones..." XD (so liking Sonic games makes us all creepy, huh?)

I'm confident that was aimed at fans who ship certain characters, draw fan characters that are other hedgehogs and given the artist's name, and fans that get bent out of shape whenever someone says coins in place of rings.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

> Does a run

> Dies for the umpteenth time

> This shows (for like the 10th time):

tBCFgpv.png

Seriously Sega Hardlight, dayam you. Stop teasing me when I can't afford it! 

And I'm stuck on one mission. Drop rings 20 times during one run. It's a lot harder than it sounds, trust me everyone. And I don't want to spend my red rings, because it will take even longer to unlock Amy!

And I feel sorry for the ones who are after Knuckles and Tails...because once I get Amy I am done. These missions are ridiculously hard, forcing you to spend money! >.>

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

I'm confident that was aimed at fans who ship certain characters, draw fan characters that are other hedgehogs and given the artist's name, and fans that get bent out of shape whenever someone says coins in place of rings.

The coins thing, tbh I didn't even notice it and even then I think misnaming rings as coins whilst playing is kinda forgiveable.

I took issue with the smug tone of some of the comments; the comments directed at fans in particular. Yes I get that it doesn't really matter but I don't appreciate such shit either.

Anyways...

Yo SEGA! You ain't supposed to nickel and dime the players, Dawg! You gotta make it free first!

I'll be doing all the missions when the game is out on Android. If they are hard then that works for me. I won't be spending money to unlock stuff.

I think it's buggy and not running the way it should on 4th Gen iDevices.

Ah, glad to know it's not just me then. The game itself looks fine, but it's just so, so slow. It actually slowed down to such a point earlier, that the game force closed because it was easier to do :(

Kinda hoping SEGA/Hardlight can patch that - it shouldn't be too hard.