Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

I swear to God each time Sonic does that high jump from an island level to another, looks like he's not gonna make it!

Indeed, then mystic powers activate and he just floats calmly over the next ledge.

Hardlight really should work on that. It just looks so fake. He lands midway through the gap and then hovers to the next point. Breaks the immersion and breaks the feel of nonstop speed.

I've heard of walking on water, but that at least has surface tension. Sonic's walking on AIR.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

It's looking pretty good in full 3D. Gameplay looks decent and quite fun. I also like the Seaside Hill remix.

...is this only gonna be for iPhone 5? I believe I have a 4... would be a bummer majoris if it was 5 only.

No, it should be available for all iPhones that run iOS 4.3 (or higher). In other words, iPhone 3GS and above.

The game looks much better than Sonic Jump, which ended up being pretty underwhelming for me. I've never actually played Temple Run or games like it before, so this will be a new experience for me gamewise, but hey, it's got Sonic and running a lot so what can go wrong?

From the orientation of the video, it looks like the iPhone will have to be held vertically to play this as well, which is good for the swiping you need to do to quick step. Seems good overall, even if some of the animations are a little flunky. The Sonic model itself looks good, though.

I hope they add more locales. This kind of game in the Death Egg/Egg Utopia/Crazy Gadget would be so cool with the reverse gravity.

This basically looks like Unleashed gameplay reduced down to what everyone overexaggeratedly says Unleashed gameplay is lol.  Still it looks great for a mini-game!  The only thing I know will bother me is I'm not a fan of endless games.  I'd have rather seen specific levels to finish, alongside an "Endless Mode".

• Thumbs Up 1

This game deserves an Endless Mine remix and level (pun intended).

But really, I'm looking forward to this, too bad I doubt my Android will be able to run it, if there's an Android version coming.

Edited by Jango

Wow! Sonic Dash looks awesome. I really wish I had an iOS device. This game looks even better than Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations. Come at me! No, I won't shut my dirty whore mouth tongue.png

Not serious about the "Come at me!" bit onwards.

Wow! Sonic Dash looks awesome. I really wish I had an iOS device. This game looks even better than Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations. Come at me! No, I won't shut my dirty whore mouth tongue.png

And you know what? Sonic Jump completely dominates S3&K!

This basically looks like Unleashed gameplay reduced down to what everyone overexaggeratedly says Unleashed gameplay is lol.  Still it looks great for a mini-game!  The only thing I know will bother me is I'm not a fan of endless games.  I'd have rather seen specific levels to finish, alongside an "Endless Mode".

It fitst the mobile platform perfectly though.

Looks alright for an iOS title. I guess I'll get this if I ever get like a gift card or something. Not one to nitpick but why do they keep using the Sonic Heroes menu screen SFX?

Not serious about the "Come at me!" bit onwards.

Serious or not, I'm still genuinely curious why you think Sonic Dash is a better Sonic game then those other 3 you mentioned. 

Hey, take a look at the comments.

newsonicgame_zps9320a0e9.png

...Episode 3?

Checking the youtube account. TouchGameplay is a PR coordinator for iOS releases and their publishers.

So I'll have to say, yes he's legit. And from the sounds of it is talking about a new Sonic project that's likely related to Episode 3. Since he's hinting it, the possibility of it being a digital and mobile-only game is highly likely instead of a retail game.

It's looking pretty good in full 3D. Gameplay looks decent and quite fun. I also like the Seaside Hill remix.

SEGA is the only company I know that knows how to push graphics to levels of brilliance regardless of the hardware their given. This is what I love about them.

Serious or not, I'm still genuinely curious why you think Sonic Dash is a better Sonic game then those other 3 you mentioned. 

I didn't say I think it is a better game, I said I think it looks like a better game. I haven't played it yet, so I can't fairly judge. I just think it looks more fun than the bare bones 3D boost sections in the 3 console games. It looks like there is more to do in 3D in this game, and it has more playable characters. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Anybody got any idea how these alternate characters are likely to work. I mean surely Tails' and Knuckles' flying and gliding would be too cheap for this kind of game. Amy with a hammer jump giving her a little more air time than a regular jump could work though.

Anybody got any idea how these alternate characters are likely to work. I mean surely Tails' and Knuckles' flying and gliding would be too cheap for this kind of game. Amy with a hammer jump giving her a little more air time than a regular jump could work though.

A drill punch for Knuckles, like the Werehog's Drill Attack in Unleashed HD, and some kind of Tail Tornado attack for Tails, like Sonic Adventure?

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile

I didn't say I think it is a better game, I said I think it looks like a better game. I haven't played it yet, so I can't fairly judge. I just think it looks more fun than the bare bones 3D boost sections in the 3 console games. It looks like there is more to do in 3D in this game, and it has more playable characters. 

So what you're saying is you don't think it will be better, but you think you'll find it more fun then those 3 games? Fair enough I suppose.

I like how Sonic Dash is called "Sonic's first endless runner game", meaning that even SEGA have forgotten that Sonic the Sketchhog existed. Well done.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hopefully we won't be looking at Amy's underwear when playing as her. tongue.png

Eeeeewww!

Interesting question on the other characters, though. I imagine Tails and Knuckles would be able to keep up; but Amy would be slower. Easy mode, perhaps.

Have to say I couldn't understand why in Jump she was given the lowest reach, whereas in SA1 and the Advance games she uses the hammer to give her extra lift. Ah well... :D I would suppose it would work like Jump; Tails perhaps has a controlled jump over large gaps and Knuckles can power through certain obstacles?

So what you're saying is you don't think it will be better, but you think you'll find it more fun then those 3 games? Fair enough I suppose.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say really. As a whole, it probably won't be better, but I think it could be more fun. 

The game will be available this midnight on the AppStore for  £1.49 / $1.99

Temple run is that you? Oh wait no. That's just a sonic game. That actually looks like it's fun.

Y U NO ON ANDRUD!!!!!

I would imagine, as with most of SEGA's iOS offerings these days, that it'll be out on iOS first, with an Android version following on in a month or so.

At twice the price.

Totally awesome market plan, SEGA.

Can't wait till I get this on my new Xperia Z in like, 4 month because SEGA really like to shaft Android users with shoddy downgrades of their iOS crap, I'm looking at you Sonic Jump...

Android's Jump is inferior? Really?

I've never played the iOS one but I saw a YouTube video of it, I thought they looked the same...

Not actually played Sonic Jump on Android yet, I didn't really want to pay £2.63 for it on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 when I only paid 69p, if I recall rightly, for the iOS version.