Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Yeah, I was expecting Sonic Jump in a 2D sidescrolling game. But my god, this looks like a huge step up from Jump. Fully 3D, tons of badniks, remixed music, potential for more areas? I'd love to see a Chemical Plant stage. 

spotted some easter eggs:

16-bit portrait of Sonic, Sonic's board from the Riders games (perhaps it will be a power up?):

HNlAOkf.jpg

Return of the options/settings thingy from Sonic Generations:

th5oVNN.png

Why would they throw 06 Tails in there?

...what about italy?? do I have to kill someone to have this game? -.-

Just updated the spanish store, you may already get it too biggrin.png Edited by Seraphinprincess

When does it come out in the US? I really want to play it.

Midnight. Whenever it hits 00:00 March 7th, it's available from the App Store.

I've been playing for just over an hour now. Getting red rings is pretty slow, and my game is running nowhere near as smoothly as the video. It's quite choppy in fact, and the water is just a flat, blue colour. No texturing at all. Still funn, but I'm a bit disappointed at how it runs.

The draw distance also sucks. You can't see anywhere near much of the world.

mzl.ivdvmedp.320x480-75.jpg

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've been playing for just over an hour now. Getting red rings is pretty slow, and my game is running nowhere near as smoothly as the video. It's quite choppy in fact, and the water is just a flat, blue colour. No texturing at all. Still funn, but I'm a bit disappointed at how it runs.

What Device are you using, I'm currently using my Ipod touch, The models are less detailed and it does lag a little where as on my IPAD Higher poly models are used and there are more detailed shaders

(Edit)

Oh, and also the draw distance is nice on the ipad

Edited by TunDiam!

What Device are you using, I'm currently using my Ipod touch, The models are less detailed and it does lag a little where as on my IPAD Higher poly models are used and there are more detailed shaders

iPhone 4. I don't expect the game to run as well on that as on an iPhone 5, but it's a bit meh considering the water is textureless and it's so choppy. 

Edited by Blue Blood

iPhone 4. I don't expect the game to run as well on that as on an iPhone 5, but it's a bit meh considering the water is textureless and it's so choppy. 

I can understand what you mean, especially when games like S4 episode 2 look great and GTA 3 and Vice City can be played with no issues, I expected a little better of it considering how the Idevice 4 versions have been significantly toned down

• Thumbs Up 1

To be perfectly clear, there are mobile games that play very well, mainly because they play to the device's strengths and try to avoid extraneous touch controls that doesn't suit the platform - Sonic Jump is a perfect example of this. But this is a case where I can't imagine the controls not being simply unreliable, not to mention swiping doesn't have the response time of a d-pad.

I don't understand how the touch controls of a touch device are extraneous, especially in comparison to that device's tilt ability (which I find the worse control option). This is about the equivalent of forgoing the PS3 controller's buttons for SixAxis. Overall though, I feel you're unnecessarily projecting ill will on the game merely because it's touch, despite the fact that touch games can be well optimized and despite the 13 minute demo revealing nothing of shoddy programming quality. I feel like you're making the game out to be worse than what it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

To add to that, i can pretty much confirm the game controls fine. The only part that doesn't seem to go right all of the time is homing on Choppers, which si just supposed to be a tap.

EDIT: Scratch that, now I know what I'm doing there's not a single problem with the controls.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

No, it should be available for all iPhones that run iOS 4.3 (or higher). In other words, iPhone 3GS and above.

Thank you God! For a moment I was scared.

Looks alright for an iOS title. I guess I'll get this if I ever get like a gift card or something. Not one to nitpick but why do they keep using the Sonic Heroes menu screen SFX?

Sonic Heroes was a fairly lighthearted title after three years of relatively dark titles. If there's one word that can describe Heroes it's definitely perky.

I guess the music has its appeal due to the fact Sonic's going through another darkness into light phase at the moment?

They used it or Sonic 4 as well, this may be a really small thing but I always really liked Heroes Menu SFX so im glad they're still using it.

Sega-press have finally awakened!

Sonic's shitty friends

27777screenshot20130124.png

27779screenshot20130124.png

27866img0107.png

I hope they'll add Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Rouge and the rest. Maybe some Metal Sonic also?)))

Lol, Sonic 4 episode 2 badnik!

Edited by ArtFenix

The Amy looks like a new version of an old render but the Knuckles and Tails are definitely reused.

They're all pretty ugly.

IGN has posted an article about Sonic Dash, and also some gameplay with commentary.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/07/endless-runner-sonic-dash-out-tonight

The guy also called Rings...Coins...fantastic, and said that Sonic CD is the last good Sonic game.

*Sigh* .....Before it used to be SA2 was the last good Sonic game. Now they're trying to go backwards even further, like they forgot about 2008 to 2011. I swear, IGN just do not want to like a Sonic game....

Edited by AfroWarrior

damn still no windows phone version, perhaps they may pop it on xbox live for phones? i could still get it then XD

Given how Sonic's friends are the number one characters of a sizable portion of the fanbase, I wouldn't be surprised if Shadow and any other character who's remotely popular showed up. I doubt it'd take too much work to do a reskin at this point, so it'd be easy money by cashing in. There are more than a few people who instantly rush to buy a game once they hear character x is in it.