Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

And I'm stuck on one mission. Drop rings 20 times during one run. It's a lot harder than it sounds, trust me everyone. And I don't want to spend my red rings, because it will take even longer to unlock Amy!

And I feel sorry for the ones who are after Knuckles and Tails...because once I get Amy I am done. These missions are ridiculously hard, forcing you to spend money! >.>

yeah, I'm stuck at the same mission as you...This game is much more focused to spend real money on it than Jump, I'm not going to give them money on this kind of thing.

I'm putting together an interview with Hardlight, anybody have any questions they want answered?

• Thumbs Up 4

And I'm stuck on one mission. Drop rings 20 times during one run. It's a lot harder than it sounds, trust me everyone. And I don't want to spend my red rings, because it will take even longer to unlock Amy!

Chalk me up as also stuck on that mission. It's bullshit.

The game is fun, don't get me wrong. But it doesn't run as well as it should on 4th gen devices, and is so focused on micro-transactions you can hardly do anything without them.

I'm putting together an interview with Hardlight, anybody have any questions they want answered?

Oh awesome! Not got any questions, but I'm interested in reading it. I'm wondering if they'll continue to dish out clone titles, or if they'll make something more original (and of course you can't ask that tongue.png). Jump and Dash are good, but both lack originality. And yes, I know Sonic Jump technically pre-dates Doodle Jump.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe see the status on the last three Jump characters that need to be released?

Otherwise, I can't think of anything right now. Maybe basic questions like "What was it like working with Sega" and the like.

I'd ask who decides the character roster personally, but that might not make for an interesting answer. 

I've added the roster question, thats a good one. Trying to phrase a question about new IPs so it doesn't sound snarky, I think I know how to phrase it. Thanks guys!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Dash is available now for iPhone and iPad via iTunes. According to SonicStadium.org, the Sega website recently had Android listed as a platform, but it looks like that has unfortunately been removed.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/03/07/app-of-the-week-sonic-dash/

*Looks at SEGA's website*

http://www.sega.co.uk/games/?searchPlatform=&searchGenre=&searchGame=sonic

HA HA!

SEGA, you'll never learn, will you? Good job I screencapped it in my report, even though I didn't think I needed to. I didn't think it was a leak this time.

Sonic-Dash-Android-SEGA-website.jpg

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/03/segas-website-confirms-sonic-dash-for-android/

I recall this same thing happened with Jump. Android was listed at first, then it got removed.

• Thumbs Up 2

So when they mentioned the scenery changing the more you played....did it only mean Seaside Hill changing or are there more stages I'm not aware of?

I guess this also means the Android release may not come as soon as some hoped.

Edited by SuperLink

So when they mentioned the scenery changing the more you played....did it only mean Seaside Hill changing or are there more stages I'm not aware of?

I can only imagine Pocket Gamer France meant the grassy bits changing to the ruins bits.

Oh what?! Honestly(!)

I'm not sure what's funnier, that pretty much all the press releases around this game are Stadium related, or that Sega doesn't really know what's on it's own website.

Edited by MamboCat
  • Thumbs Up 1

My only gripes so far is that the screen is so cluttered with information and options. Really annoying each time you lose a run. Other than that I really like the game. It doesnt run too well on my little brother's 3gs though, but i'm surprised it actually does lol

Edited by Djawed
  • Thumbs Up 1

For those of you who are having trouble running the game on iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G devices, try turning off the WiFi/Internet and play the game. I haven't tested it much (can't at the moment), but it seems like that makes the game run better.

I'm using a 4th gen iPod Touch and I'm also reporting problems playing the game. Every other time it crashes and the times that it works there's bad framerate stutter. It occassionally stabilizes but more often it's unplayable. I know it's an old model but it feels completely pointless to have made this available to the model to begin with. Hopefully the next patch has some optimizations cause right now now I feel robbed of $2.

I'm playing on a 4th gen iPod Touch and I'm not getting any of the problems you guys are describing. The frame rate only drops occasionally at the start of a stage then goes back to normal, or if I use head start. Been playing it for a significant time and it hasn't crashed either. Also the water shader is working. Don't know what's wrong with your iPods... o_O

I'm running it on an iPhone 4S and not really having any problems. Sure, it doesn't look as nice as all the trailers are showing, but it's running fine. 

I've heard a lot of people having problems with the homing attack sections, despite the game giving you a relatively clear prompt to tap the screen rather than slide; are some people just not noticing that, or is it not appearing in some versions for whatever reason?

At first, this game was pissing me off quite a bit with its blatantly cheap-ass artificial difficulty. My problems with Sonic Dash are the same problems I had with Sonic Jump multiplied tenfold; it's just even more of a cheap, sneaky cash grab game really, which is kinda sad. Admittedly the game has grown on me a bit more now, but it's just so frustrating and unfair. Perhaps due to the nature of its genre, it also feels far less substantial than Sonic Jump did; the whole game is little more than an endless mode with no real goal or sense of progress other than chasing a high score. Sure, it still has the (again, painfully cheap and unfair) missions, but they're not really on par with the stage progression and bosses that Sonic Jump had. 

Surely they could have worked in some kind of story mode with finite stages to reach the end of as well? As it stands, the game does feel very shallow and hasn't held my attention anywhere near as well as Sonic Jump did. 

Oh well, at least it has a Sonic Riders reference! :lol:

CF682517-7A45-4BE3-B32A-01F1065E2148-780

You bring up a good point; this game doesn't have the neat artwork that Sonic Jump did. That's a bummer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So they don't officially announce an Android version, then list it on their website, then take it off soon after?

It's Sonic freakin' Jump all over again.

SEGA, please stop doing this. Y U NO LEARN?! Even if an Android release is way off in the distance, for the love of hedgehogs, just confirm it or deny it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just been in touch with Hardlight via Twitter and they had this to say:

We can't say for sure when Dash will be coming to Android, but we've definitely heard all your requests.

Make of that what you will.

Actually... crap, can't delete this...

Sorry, stupid questions. Mods can you DELORT! this for me? :B

Edited by MamboCat

I'll be doing all the missions when the game is out on Android. If they are hard then that works for me. I won't be spending money to unlock stuff.

You will be forced too. The missions are really built around spending red rings/real money. I finally beaten that annoying mission dropping rings 20 times (just! 3 seconds later I died by hitting an obstacle), but I fear there is going to be more of this. I'm dead serious, that mission is a lot harder than it sounds, with their cheap placements of spikes, crabmeats and obstacles for you to die quickly.

EDIT: Wanna use a revive token? That will cost you 1 red ring please! Die again? That will cost you 2 red rings please!

And there is no point of attempting to skip these missions, because you'll have to spend 6 red rings, and when you upgrade a level you earn 3. So you lose 3 red rings.

2 more levels away from unlocking my character, then I'm done with the missions. This is 10x worse than Sonic Jump.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sounds like this game is going to become a drain on one's wallet realllllllly fast from what I'm reading up above.

Well played, Sega, well played.