Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

I finished all missions (for now) and I'm still trying to upgrade all power-ups to the max! (I didn't skip the mission, in the early days of Dash you can only upgrade each power-up 5 times, which I've done before they have increased it to 6 and added the Shield powerup).

EDIT: Forgot to add shield

I finished all missions (for now) and I'm still trying to upgrade all power-ups to the max! (I didn't skip the mission, in the early days of Dash you can only upgrade each power-up 5 times, which I've done before they have now increased to 6).

And to start with, there wasn't even a shield stat either! Dodged a bullet there, eesh.

And to start with, there wasn't even a shield stat either! Dodged a bullet there, eesh.

Yeah I forgot to mention that too. DX

I only have the Headstart powerup to finish upgrading though. If only that stupid dial went on the jackpot 2 days ago I would have finished by now.

But you know what? I'm glad it didn't. Otherwise I would have completed everything in Dash again.

You don't really need to spend a single penny on this game and that's why I like it as a downloadable title, which is rare for me. If you have the patience, it isn't that hard to get red rings,but it does take quite a long time. I finally have all the characters bought with red rings, not including one lucky spin to get one character and I'm just saving red rings now. I still need to buy things with regular rings though. I've not finished all the missions yet, but I'm working on them slowly.

Just be patient everyone and you shouldn't have to spend anything here. That's how you make a micro transaction game, simply make it optional for those that don't have the patience to unlock them normally instead of the only way to unlock is by paying.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm enjoying the game, plus it feels great every time I earn more red rings. I'm not going to buy any anytime soon and I think I'd rather keep it that way because I'm just enjoying getting them on my own so much more.

Also, is there a sale in-game or something? I noticed all of the characters are less expensive now.

Also, is there a sale in-game or something? I noticed all of the characters are less expensive now.

I guess so, I see it too. Time to go buy red rings!

EDIT: Won 10 red rings because of puzzle pieces. Was gonna join Blaze master race, but accidentally clicked Tails. I'm so sorry D;

Edited by Speedster

Downloaded this the other day and really enjoying it. Though it's essentially just running the same course over and over again, the missions and unlockables keep it interesting and it's a fun little time waster if you're bored. Really glad that you can score one free Red Ring on the course everyday, too, as that'll make unlocking the other characters really easy. (Sure, it takes a while, but I don't mind, as you're talking to the guy who spent like three weeks repeatedly going into the MLP app until he had enough gems to score Rarity. XD)

Woo glitch time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsDeyBwDQVY&feature=youtu.be

Just checked it in the android version and this is legit. I was playing as Tails. biggrin.png...he has a crappy tail spinning animation. Gonna try playing as shadow now.

How do you do it?

Press play then quickly swipe before the booster screen, it's in the description of that video. 

Btw I'm now playing as amy and oh my...just...lol you'll have to see for yourself.

I'm enjoying the game, plus it feels great every time I earn more red rings. I'm not going to buy any anytime soon and I think I'd rather keep it that way because I'm just enjoying getting them on my own so much more.

It is definitely more fun to earn them over time than to simply buy the red rings and unlock everything right away. It is some good replayability over time. Yes, it is the same thing over and over again basically, but you still have motivation to keep playing. Yeah, I would recommend not buying the rings and just being patient if you can stand it of course.

Yeah, I got it "working" on my OG Nexus 7. Being able to play as, say, Blaze for free is certainly not meh, as far as I'm concerned.

Is this a brand new discovered glitch that the company will likely try and patch as soon as possible or has it been around for awhile? I can't test though, since I've already earned all the characters.

Is this a brand new discovered glitch that the company will likely try and patch as soon as possible or has it been around for awhile? I can't test though, since I've already earned all the characters.

I've seen it around a bit (2 yt videos), but it hasn't really spread that much so HardLight hasn't cared to fix it, I assume.

Expect it to be fixed in the next update or two then.

I'd really like them to patch in character voices at some point. Jump has them so it seems a little out of place that this doesn't. Actually, I'd like to see them release a Dash 2 eventually that includes different levels, a story mode and an endless mode like Jump. Would be rather fun I think.

Personally, I think that if you paid for the game you shouldn't get them. Doesn't see at all fair, especially cause ads weren't even a thing in the game back then.

My thoughts exactly.

Fortunately it seems that the game does in fact identify whether you purchased the game or not as the basis of showing ads. I get ads on my phone, but not my iPad; I purchased the iPad version and got the iPhone version later on.

I'll just say I'm glad Hardlight finally gave SOME perk to the folks who purchased the game. The "2 dollars this week, then free for everyone else" thing was a real slap in the face.

Expect it to be fixed in the next update or two then.

I'd really like them to patch in character voices at some point. Jump has them so it seems a little out of place that this doesn't. Actually, I'd like to see them release a Dash 2 eventually that includes different levels, a story mode and an endless mode like Jump. Would be rather fun I think.

I actually don't mind there being no character voices.

But with the addition of Zazz, and him speaking, it does make things a bit odd.

I actually don't mind there being no character voices.

But with the addition of Zazz, and him speaking, it does make things a bit odd.

Indeed, he seems somewhat out of place.

I will say, I give credit to Hardlight on Zazz. They actually animate his mouth when he speaks. Though that also makes him seem more out of place, as he's 100x more alive than the actual main cast. They really should consider adding sounds to the characters, even if just sound effects, so it doesn't seem so... weird.

• Thumbs Up 3

My thoughts exactly.

Fortunately it seems that the game does in fact identify whether you purchased the game or not as the basis of showing ads. I get ads on my phone, but not my iPad; I purchased the iPad version and got the iPhone version later on.

I'll just say I'm glad Hardlight finally gave SOME perk to the folks who purchased the game. The "2 dollars this week, then free for everyone else" thing was a real slap in the face.

I noticed earlier when playing it, that from the way it looked, in the shop area, if you purchase anything with real money for the ones that can only be gotten with real money, there is a little notice there that says turn ad's off. So it would see, if you have the free version, if you make one purchase, they will turn them off for you. Though, that won't be with me, since dont do the microtransaction thing.

I managed to get Knuckles on the daily spin, go meeeeeeeee.... and I got enough red rings to get Amy.

Oh lawd  that running. Why does she run like that? And oh gaaawd her tricks.... why on earth couldn't they give her the Riders outfit, or an Olympics outfit, anything with leggings? She looks like she's wearing a nappy FFS! :D