Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

I also had to download the APK file to play Sonic Dash and my Droid 4 can handle it well without any trouble. Shame a lot of people won't be able to play it till the issues get fixed (if they do at all)

Yeah, its like they didn't consider all the Android phones people might have, which is strange because Sonic 1, ASR, 4: I and II are all compatible with my phone, but Dash? Have to download an external apk.

The game runs fine on my phone, but the ads sometimes makes it crash and I'll need a charger on standby everytime I play it because it murders my phone's battery and makes it hot as hell.

The game runs fine on my phone, but the ads sometimes makes it crash and I'll need a charger on standby everytime I play it because it murders my phone's battery and makes it hot as hell.

The game works fine on my Samsung Galaxy Note too - I haven't had any crashes yet but I've definitely noticed the battery power going down insanely fast whenever I use the app. This isn't going to be quite as pick-up-and-play as I'd like, at least if I want to use my phone for anything else during the day or want it to last more than an hour :lol:

57 pages in and I can finally talk about Sonic Dash.

Runs fucking flawlessly on my Xperia Z, If I'm completely honest, Sonic's model looks crisp and looks like it was ripped straight from a HD title, which is odd because the game looks like utter shit on some Android phones.

Not impressed with the stupid Ads at the end of an attempt, and lol at the micro transaction bullshit, this game is desperate for you to splash coin out on.

Otherwise I can see what people mind about it being cheap when you're blinded by a corner and suddenly slam into a ruin/wall/bridge, also the homing tap works flawlessly too, pulled off 3 in a row without any problems, overall this is probably the best free game on Android currently.

hooray-zoidberg.jpg

Downloaded it last night; it's pretty fun. Graphics are pretty neat as well... but maaaaaaaan are the video adverts annoying! D; The micro transactions are less intrusive than I feared, however.

I did finally end up getting the game on my phone and tablet, and has been enjoying it a lot. Mostly been playing on my phone (too lazy to pull tablet out.)

Also, really love that Zazz boss fight.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention; the Zazz boss is great! Simple but still requires a good bit of swiping! :D It said it's a temporary thing but I really hope they can squeeze in some more bosses; it's a nice change of pace!

I still haven't seen a single advert on my paid-for iOS version.

Also, the iOS version got another update recently that changes the trick animations; now everybody has unique tricks. Little touch, but much appreciated.

I paid for my version when it was released, and my daughter accidentally bought me some red rings a while back , but I still get ads :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you ever delete and re-download it? And what device are you using? Cause I'm playing the slightly inferior version on my iPhone 4. Just wondering what causes the ads/causing me not to get them.

Personally, I think that if you paid for the game you shouldn't get them. Doesn't see at all fair, especially cause ads weren't even a thing in the game back then.

• Thumbs Up 1

So this game, if you run it in any other way than than iphone5 I just happen to have gotten last Christmas, it slows down to half the speed I currently play it in? If that's is right, then that definitely needs to be fixed as soon as possible I would think.

Yes, the game goes to 30FPS on older devices and iTouch 5 (at least on iOS 7).

I'm not sure what fps it's running at, but on my iPod touch 5th gen it runs nice and steady, lag free smile.png the graphics look great and it feels slightly faster than before the update that they did about a month back.

Maybe I should have taken the 'barely' out on what I said. But I know what I'm talking about since I use my sister's iTouch 5 time to time. It *does* run 30FPS on it, but it's not as buttery smooth as my 5s which runs at 60.

When I first played Dash on the iTouch 5 a week ago, it was lagging there and there but today when I replayed it, it was okay, no problems. Maybe that time, the device was doing something in the background that I wasn't aware of.  

I'm getting the iPhone 6 next year so I'm out of luck.

Runs perfectly fine on my iPhone 4s though.

Tried Dash on my mom's 4s just now. It's the same as the iTouch 5, smooth 30FPS.

I still haven't seen a single advert on my paid-for iOS version.

Also, the iOS version got another update recently that changes the trick animations; now everybody has unique tricks. Little touch, but much appreciated.

YEAH! So I noticed! On my sister's iTouch it has these annoying ads, while mine has none. The only difference I can think of is that I paid for this game while she got it for free.

Did you ever delete and re-download it? And what device are you using? Cause I'm playing the slightly inferior version on my iPhone 4. Just wondering what causes the ads/causing me not to get them.

Personally, I think that if you paid for the game you shouldn't get them. Doesn't see at all fair, especially cause ads weren't even a thing in the game back then.

Not that I'm aware of, I'm using a 5th gen iPod Touch, I did have to change devices when my original 5th gen stopped working, but I backed up my iPod onto my computer, saved everything from notes to bookmarks, even saved my red rings I "bought"

Surely Apple can track which apps you actually paid for, but yeah I agree , if you pay you shouldn't get them, that's a thing a lot of other apps do

I got a free spin and this happened.

gHj0SVu.jpg

That run cycle.... That run cycle. Looks like Amy was in the dangerous part of Mushroom Hill Zone.

• Thumbs Up 3

Damn you and your luck Auto, I had the free spin today too and it literally just missed Amy. I was so sure it was going to land on her, but then in the last millisecond, it just tipped over the edge onto some ring boosters or something.

Needless to say, I wasn't amused. Grinding for Red Rings to unlock characters the long way is going to take aaaaaaaaaages...

Physically obtainable red rings are so rare. I see like one a day. Also I've ran for so many miles and couldn't find a single jigsaw piece.

I have 135 red rings at the moment...saving them up for...nothing I guess.

Yesterday I was so close to landing a 25,000 ring jackpot...the dial was slowly going around it and last millisecond landed on the dumb headstarts.

Hate that daily spin. And when I get jackpots it's something I don't want.

Is it just me or are missions like using 2 headstarts pretty bullshit? I'm saving up rings for upgrading items, but I'm often spending money on buying 5 headstarts, 3 of which I probably won't use.

Well, yeah. It's all bullshit to try and get as much money out of you as possible. Not got enough rings to buy the headstarts? Use real money.

That's the idea, at least.

• Thumbs Up 2

Physically obtainable red rings are so rare. I see like one a day. Also I've ran for so many miles and couldn't find a single jigsaw piece.

I find I can only get those when I have an Internet connection. Could that be it?

I tend to find that Red Rings only show up on the first or second island, and you'll only ever get one per pay through.

I was wrong, jigsaw peices are found at the end of the tracks that Sonic lands on after hitting the springs under the sign with a jigsaw puzzle puzzle piece on it.

Just wait till the later missions "upgrade all power ups to max" eurgh

Wow, seriously Hardlight??

Yeah, it's around level 15-20, that's why i haven't spent my rings since then, since that mission they have added another upgrade to all the power ups, so you just know what'll happen...

Someone in the comments section on the tssz sonic dash android article posted the download link.

Edit: It's legit I'm playing the game right now albeit with some frame rate drops and it's no where near as pretty as the ipad 3 version

My android device wasn't compatible, so I downloaded that apk link and I'm now playing Sonic Dash.

There is some framerate drop. It's takes an annoyingly long time to load anything and those adverts are fucking annoying.

It's kind of boring. I think I prefer Sonic Jump.