Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

As it stands, there's a red ring count underneath each mission. If you tap it, you'll spend the rings and gain the extra experience as if you did it the hard way. Useful for avoiding the crueler missions. Obviously not sustainable unless you've got yourself some cash to burn.

As it stands, there's a red ring count underneath each mission. If you tap it, you'll spend the rings and gain the extra experience as if you did it the hard way. Useful for avoiding the crueler missions. Obviously not sustainable unless you've got yourself some cash to burn.

The prices this game charges you for Rings would soon bankrupt even Bill Gates.

I've been playing the game post update (saw the complaints, didn't really want to pitch over money for the app), and to be honest, it's not really that fun. I have no idea how the game ran before the update, but it's not exactly great afterwards either, seeing as I still have considerable framerate issues with an iPod Touch 4, there are still quite a few ways for cheap deaths and all. But regardless, I'm happy for those daily challenges and all.

I've been playing the game post update (saw the complaints, didn't really want to pitch over money for the app), and to be honest, it's not really that fun. I have no idea how the game ran before the update, but it's not exactly great afterwards either, seeing as I still have considerable framerate issues with an iPod Touch 4, there are still quite a few ways for cheap deaths and all. But regardless, I'm happy for those daily challenges and all.

The daily challenges really are a good way to get people to pick up and play the game more often, which is likely to boost microtransaction revenues at some point when someone decides a dollar or two here or there isn't that much of an expense.

Trust me when I say the game is a lot easier than it was before, and is a lot less difficult to work with overall. Still needs polishing but given that it's free now, this is to be somewhat expected. I'm sure they'll improve as time goes on.

I better get Tails tomorrow.

If not, someone's head is going to be cut.

Trust me when I say the game is a lot easier than it was before, and is a lot less difficult to work with overall. Still needs polishing but given that it's free now, this is to be somewhat expected. I'm sure they'll improve as time goes on.

Doesn't seem any easier to me, and that's ignoring the NUMEROUS times I run into an obstacle due to framerate hiccups that throw off my reaction time.

Wonderful review, wonderful, putting Temple Run and the other game as footage while talking Dash. :P

I think your final score is spot on, too. Wonderful game overall, even if nothing really innovative.

Doesn't seem any easier to me, and that's ignoring the NUMEROUS times I run into an obstacle due to framerate hiccups that throw off my reaction time.

I used to only score about 150 rings per run, now I can easily reach 250 without a revive, so it seems easier on my end, definitely. :(

Then again I'm partially upgraded, so that may help, but upgrades are so expensive at this point I'm inclined to think it was primarily the update that helped.

So I got the DAY 5 bonus and..

200 rings?

200 RINGS??!?!?

JSTGJGKSMGLKGLKGLKLGKLFLKGKFGkgakwskgakgkakgkgkgkakg

200 rings?

200 RINGS??!?!?

Let's be honest. Did anyone really think it was 20% for each bonus? I bet anything it's rigged so it's only like 5% for the extra character, and like 50% for the rings.

Let's be honest, they'd undercut their ability to profit from microtransactions if they were too generous with these. :(

200 rings?

200 RINGS??!?!?

Well I got 5 (or 6?) Mega Headstarts after completing my first Day 5+ Daily Challenge... DX

But wow, unlucky. I'll probably get 200 rings soon. >.> <.<

You know the fat guy that chases you in Subway Surfers? What if in Sonic Dash, they had Eggman chasing you, ready to robotisize you?

Actually I'm surprised they didn't take that from Temple Run/Subway Surfers as well. I presume that's specifically why they didn't - it's enough of a knockoff as is.

As for bonuses: I got 5 headstarts. As should have been expected, the grand prizes are going to be very difficult to actually earn...

But hey, at least it incentivises regular play, which in turn gives a bit of an incentive to maybe buy a dollar or two of goodies here or there...

Because Eggman doesn't do that. Try to smash you with a giant hammer maybe, but not that. 

Because Eggman doesn't do that. Try to smash you with a giant hammer maybe, but not that. 

Well, there were the robots in Colors and Unleashed that would chase you... so it's not unreasonable that at some point the fat man himself might try to run you down as well.

For extra humor you could always have Eggman create a ripoff of the GUN truck to chase you down, or some robotic orca.

Well, since the game was free for a day I managed to get it. REALLY hard to do missions, though... primarily because of the enormous amounts of lag I get on my 3GS. But at least it does play... decently... somewhat...

I have been having a lot of fun with it, though. And frustrations, though the frustrations are based on the aforementioned lag. I'd be able to do much better if the game ran better on my phone.

Well, since the game was free for a day I managed to get it. REALLY hard to do missions, though... primarily because of the enormous amounts of lag I get on my 3GS. But at least it does play... decently... somewhat...

If a mission gets frustrating enough, you can pay for it in Red Rings. Yes, those are precious and not easily spent, but at least it's a way to get past the ones that are curve balls.

I have been having a lot of fun with it, though. And frustrations, though the frustrations are based on the aforementioned lag. I'd be able to do much better if the game ran better on my phone.

Good to hear!

Hopefully they'll release an even better optimised version in the next patch. They really need to consider killing the graphics a bit so the game is more viable on earlier phones; they're cutting themselves out of a huge market by only optimising for the higher end devices.

Second award I got from the Day 5+ Daily Challenge: 5 Red Star Rings!

No Tails...yet. DX

Second award I got from the Day 5+ Daily Challenge: 5 Red Star Rings!

No Tails...yet. DX

30 more rings to go and you'll have all the in-game currency to do it!

Can you survive the challenge?!

But yes, at least it's now possible to actually win the goodies without forking over real money.

But now I question if there's any incentive at all to pay for the microtransactions...

Do you guys think they'll eventually add more characters?

It's a given if the current cast sell well. If they don't... well. You don't create something if you a) don't think there's demand for it or b ) you don't think said demand, if it exists, isn't willing to fork over some cash for it. We can hate on all the microtransactions if we want, but let's be honest, this is a team that has to make ends meet; if they're not making money somewhere, this whole game is going to go down the tubes.

But ahem. Really it'll all depend on market conditions. Demand (that spends money) creates supply.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

After the first five days of Daily Challenges, are the others actually in order? I'm seeing Tails as the last one at the moment; does that mean he'll be my reward on day nine, or is it random after day four?

Also, the update said they'd basically removed all unavoidable deaths; not quite. Whilst most of the cheap difficulty is gone, there's one that you more or less can't avoid; namely them sticking obstacles right after really long corkscrews etc. The camera's panning around so much that you just don't have time to react at all. It's pretty annoying really. :/

It's definitely random.

On the Daily Challenge screen on the Day 5+ section, it goes in this order: 5 RRS, 10 Revive Tokens, 200 Rings, 5 Mega Headstarts, Tails.

On Day 5 I had 5 Mega Headstarts and Day 6 (today) I have 5 Red Star Rings, which is a completely different order then what is shown.

Autosaver got 200 rings on Day 5.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana