Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

To dispel any more doubt

Sounds like Sonic Dash is indeed free forever. I guess it'd be painless to pick it up once it comes to Android then!

I love how every single one of the comments on that blog post is about bringing Dash to Android :P

Knowing SEGA, they'll stick it on the Google Play store eventually... for a price. And then after a week they'll drop it down to free because everyone will complain... but everyone who's waited ages for an Android version will have already bought it. The swines!

I'll just say my username on the Gamecenter is Tanicius if anyone wishes to add me. I've already tried adding those who've given their usernames here.

Knowing SEGA, they'll stick it on the Google Play store eventually... for a price. And then after a week they'll drop it down to free because everyone will complain... but everyone who's waited ages for an Android version will have already bought it. The swines!

The line between evil and genius is a fine one. :P

===

So, totally random final prizes, but at least there's a shot at Tails every day for a few minutes of work. Not too bad. All the prizes are nice really barring the rings which are useless since you can get that many in a single run easily.

As for obstacles: yeah I'm with everyone else on that one. The obstacle that gets me a lot is the one after loops or corkscrews, and I really think they should patch that. You barely have a second to react once you're out of the loop, and common sense says that's not going to be easy.

Guess they had to consume the more abundant revives somehow.

Well, that was annoying. Was doing really well and then broke the game and died completely beyond my control.

I paused the game right before I hit a spring, after I unpaused it I did the QTEs but the camera was acting up. After the QTEs, I just fell through the floor and died. D:
Edited by -Mark-

Alright, I've finished up all the missions. I'll have to patiently wait for the next batch, in the meantime I'll play just for the daily challenge bonuses.

Now on to some of my complaints.

I thought you had to pay Red Rings to collect the benefits of a complete mission. The interface was fairly confusing, so now I'm only at 14 Red Rings when I could probably have far, far more if not for all the ones I squandered. It's only after I've forked over a buttload of Red Rings the game finally decides to tell me "You can pay to skip missions." Thus letting me know there's no need to pay at all for them. I was very displeased.

You can earn rings by doing miscellaneous activities, such as clicking their links or watching advertisements. Here's the problem though: the ads don't seem to payout. The Facebook and Twitter links paid me in rings as soon as I clicked, but my rings remained finite for watching the videos. Checking out the website suggested didn't seem to pay me either, so it looks like that part's broken. Makes sense though; I presume the advertising money is probably how this game's making money at the moment.

I've got about 30,000+ rings to go before I'm fully upgraded, so I've debated buying the ring doubler. May as well show my support for the project somehow.

Dear god if you can pay 50.00 for this game's perks though, that's insane.

...sad.png

Oh.... sad... =(

The original one had a screamer in it. So they removed it due to complaints or something. Heres the new version.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, this sucks.

My game just crashed, corrupted and proceeded to crash upon startup every single time. I managed to fix it by deleting and reinstalling the app, buuuuut....

...I've lost all my data as a result of that.

Considering I'd put a good 8-10 hours into this, finished every mission and max-leveled a few of my stats, that's pretty damn annoying. sleep.png

The original one had a screamer in it. So they removed it due to complaints or something. Heres the new version.

Pfff. Lame. That was the most epic part for me. Ah well.

Considering I'd put a good 8-10 hours into this, finished every mission and max-leveled a few of my stats, that's pretty damn annoying. sleep.png

Sorry to hear about that! That's a pretty major bummer. It's really a shame they don't save the data in the cloud; it would avoid problems like this.

Really I can see this becoming a real issue if one's paid for anything, especially. They BETTER have some sort of insurance policy on it in case the game goes haywire.

Well, this sucks.

My game just crashed, corrupted and proceeded to crash upon startup every single time. I managed to fix it by deleting and reinstalling the app, buuuuut....

Ok, I see I'm not the only one who has lost all my data...

I was playing to get the 100 000 rings achievement...I had 98000 and suddenly, all my stats dissapeared :(

Ok, I see I'm not the only one who has lost all my data...

I was playing to get the 100 000 rings achievement...I had 98000 and suddenly, all my stats dissapeared sad.png

So it's happened more than once, eh?

Well, hopefully the issue's brought up with Hardlight. If this problem is happening to enough people, it'll give their dev team something to work on, or else they can say bye bye to any future customers.

On another note, a thought occurred. Who wants to bet they'll probably charge a small sum to unlock the next batch of missions? They have to make money somewhere, after all.

I think I'm actually going to contact them through iTunes support and see if there's anything they can do about it.

I know I can't get my save data back, but they could technically/ hopefully give me free rings to 'buy back' my progress. I doubt they will, but it's worth a shot. I've not exactly got anything to lose now. Their app has corrupted and lost me all my progress through no fault of my own.

They really should just let you save your game to the Cloud. I think you can restore in-app purchases, although I'm not sure how it'd work with rings etc. I know with Sonic Jump only non-expendable items (i.e. characters) could be restored. I don't know if Dash would gie you back any purchased rings/ red rings.

That said, I earned everything legit anyway, so restoring in-app purchases does nothing for me anyway. :/

Edited by -Mark-

They really should just let you save your game to the Cloud. I think you can restore in-app purchases, although I'm not sure how it'd work with rings etc. I know with Sonic Jump only non-expendable items (i.e. characters) could be restored. I don't know if Dash would gie you back any purchased rings/ red rings.

Really there's no excuse to not allow you to save your data to the Cloud. I can't imagine the save data is that much, and it will avoid a lot of needless losses such as this one. Heck, with how profit-minded these people are, they probably could charge a paltry sum for cloud usage and make a ton off of it.

Then again Hardlight's got a negative incentive to not really pay data losses much mind, since it could possibly stimulate purchases.

Overall, I just hope they make Cloud saving possible in the future. Losing all your progress due to a bug is just ridiculous, especially given that it's not your fault.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

It would be more realistic if it was Eggman running from Sonic, since he's much faster tongue.png

Crossing my fingers for playable, on-foot Eggman in the next Sonic game.

Yeah, lost data actually benefits them, since it makes people more likely to shell out to buy back their progress.

As expected, I got a reply from Sega along the lines of "Sorry, there's nothing we can do". But eh. After the update the game's a lot easier and I've already done most of the missions again (and got a new high score without even being fully leveled, too).

Crossing my fingers for playable, on-foot Eggman in the next Sonic game.

Actually, that makes me wonder if they'd consider doing Eggman as an unlockable in this game. Seriously, the comedy value alone would make it worth it. The Professor Pickle mod will have nothing on this.

Yeah, lost data actually benefits them, since it makes people more likely to shell out to buy back their progress.

As expected, I got a reply from Sega along the lines of "Sorry, there's nothing we can do". But eh. After the update the game's a lot easier and I've already done most of the missions again (and got a new high score without even being fully leveled, too).

That's a shame! Sorry you had to go through all this again, but I'm glad you were able to at least make most of it back so quickly...

Has anyone got Tails yet? XP

I keep getting Mega Headstarts and Revive Tokens ever since... =/

EDIT: Tails as in "got him through Daily Challenge"

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Has anyone got Tails yet? XP

I keep getting Mega Headstarts and Revive Tokens ever since... =/

EDIT: Tails as in "got him through Daily Challenge"

I just got him now. His tails take up way too much space on the screen & he looks kinda lame posing ala generations style. Don't think I'll be using him much.

I've just noticed another weird problem with this game. Last night I posted my high score to facebook:

"My highest score on Sonic Dash is 687,874! Can you beat it?"

Today the game says my high score is only 404,210! 

WTF is going on? 

Edited by hypermikey

I just got tails also. I'm surprised Amy isn't the first character to be unlocked by completing a daily challenge, since she is the cheapest one.

Am I the only one having difficulty starting the game? Every time I load it up it takes like 3 minutes to finish.

Edited by Enderwoman

What happens to Tails after you unlock him from the Daily challenge?

As in, his slot.

Edited by Autosaver

What happens to Tails after you unlock him from the Daily challenge?

As in, his slot.

Amy appears & I guess knuckles is next.

I already got Amy so it would be Knuckles for me if I get Tails.

Am I the only one having difficulty starting the game? Every time I load it up it takes like 3 minutes to finish.

Well, I'm using an iPod Touch 4, and the loading times are pretty bad, but never as long as three minutes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If you have a 3GS (which I had 5 months ago before I got 5), 3GS is not supported. So you should be a bit grateful that it still runs. D=

So, I was playing Daily Challenge, and I have to start from Day 1 again!? I only did two days but seriously what the hell!? I haven't lost my save data. Gosh, this game is filled to the brim with problems. Also, the update 'stopped' unavoidable deaths. No, it didn't. I have still died unfairly, granted I have been getting further now.