Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

What's funny is I think Homing Attack was supposed to be used on other enemies as well.

My evidence? The mission is "Destroy 10 enemies with the homing attack," not "10 Choppers," which leads me to feel they originally planned for it to be used on much more than just Chopper.

Really I think the tapping is one of the unnecessary cumbersome parts of the game. It wouldn't be too hard to make it an upswipe in the air I think, given that the game can already recognise whether you used a spindash from the air or ground. This would just be a case of the game recognising you're in the air and thus, would trigger a homing attack instead of another jump.

But hey, if there was little chance of death they wouldn't make money now would they. tongue.png

Also wooo finally breached the 600,000 point mark! Just 23,000 points to go to 700,000!

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Been playing Dash on ios, and it's been crashing repeatedly since the new update. Jesus christ.... performance was supposed to be improved, but I haven't even been able to play it since then.

I'm glad my only rant is that for some reason the Apple ID password doesn't want to work, which is preventing me from updating and thus, conning me out of my free 1000 rings.

Seriously, the double rings perk would be so worth the money with all the time it would save me...

So I pretty much had the best run of my life. I used up 3 revive tokens, but I had beaten my previous high score, completed the mission for running 8000 meters in one run, and collected the last 2 puzzle pieces I needed for the day.

Then the app crashed and lost all that, except for the 3 revive tokens I used were still used. I should get a reward for not throwing my iPod against the wall.

Edited by Yong

I keep getting Revive Tokens from the bloody Daily Challenge, still no Tails though.

If I keep storing up all these tokens (I have 40 at the moment), I'm eventually just going to sit down for an hour or so and get an insane score with them. laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 1

At least you're getting better rewards since the update. Can I revert the update? Because since the update had:

- 3 400 Rings (including today)
- 2 20 Super Headstarts
- 1 20 Revive Tokens

No Red Star Rings and no Knuckles rewards. =/

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

I've gotten normal rings 3 days in a row. At this point I think it may be a better idea to end my streak and go back to the regular <5 day rewards. Least then I know I can get red rings and I'm at least working towards a new character instead of relying on the roll of the dice.

Edited by Yong

I managed to pass 930,000 the other night, so I'm happy. I think that's the only time I've continued three times.

I've gotten Red Star rings the last two days, so if it keeps up I can buy Knuckles and Tails that way.

Then the app crashed and lost all that, except for the 3 revive tokens I used were still used. I should get a reward for not throwing my iPod against the wall.

Oh, how convenient!

Kind of like how Hardlight's designed it so double spikes tend to be RIGHT at the start of a new section... and since you often cash your rings in to buy stuff, you better have a boost or pretty quick reflexes.

Give them credit, they're geniuses at finding ways to throw you a curveball so you'll eventually buy more stuff. tongue.png

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I've given up on the game.

The new update ruined most of my stuff. The game keeps crashing, and the jigsaw puzzles don't always load.

Really, all this stuff just saddens me at how huge the disparity is between the phone version and the latest iPad. For a game that was hoping to cash in on people being mobile, it's done a pretty terrible job. I've had none of the mentioned problems on my iPad, but I don't think the iPad was where the market's supposed to be here. People don't bring their iPads with them everywhere.

FINALLY 20 Red Star Rings I got today. Something new from this update.

So what are my options for fixing Game Center achievements no longer tracking and/or unlocking with this game? I've completed every mission yet didn't get any of the 3 achievements related to completing missions. Had the same issues with Sonic Jump.

So what are my options for fixing Game Center achievements no longer tracking and/or unlocking with this game? I've completed every mission yet didn't get any of the 3 achievements related to completing missions. Had the same issues with Sonic Jump.

I presume you'd have to reinstall, but hopefully there's another way around it!

===

In other news I just hit the 1.2 million mark without using continues. Uhh. I think it's time to take a break from this game for a bit... XD

yc7Dqt7.jpg

YES GUYS. He's mine. All mine! Muhahahaha~!

...okay. Not the way you guys are thinking though. X3 

Basically today I felt today is my lucky day. Lucky to get 20 Red Star Rings today or Knuckles. Yesterday I had 400 Rings (again) and I just thought that YES! TODAY IS THE DAY.

Only to get 400 Rings AGAIN. After smiling with joy, within seconds I was pissed. Is this a joke? Is Hardlight trolling me? So that was it. I wanted to find ways to unlock Knuckles quickly without spending any money.

So I changed the date, 24 hours ahead. I can do a Daily Challenge again. So I did. However I got 400 Rings. AGAIN. Went 24 hours ahead. Done another challenge. 400 Rings AGAIN. I stopped cold. I just had a feeling I'm just going to constantly get 400 Rings. So I had a new idea.

Instead of going 24 hours ahead again, I went 48 hours ahead. My Daily Challenge restarts to Day 1. These rewards I know I am guaranteed to get. So I did a runthrough from Day 1-Day 4 twice. I had 62 Red Star Rings at the end, enough to unlock Knuckles.

So there you have it. =3

Important note: Oh, and since I put my date and time back to the present, I cannot play another daily challenge until May 4th. XD

Now on to the Knuckles achievement and finish upgrading the last powerup to get 100% achievements!

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Well, at least they have a way of rooting you out if you decided to skip ahead. :P So it's not really cheating, you just didn't wait the full time between each challenge; you'll make up for it by lack of a challenge in the meantime!

Sounds like the bonuses are enormous post-update. Shame I lost my Apple ID password, would love to get 20 Red Rings. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to update, holy moly the bonuses are gigantic now. Now if only they'd get rid of the useless Head Start/rings bonuses.

To justify this bump, some news:

SD-Weekend-Sale_header_US.png

This sale lasts only until Sunday. I will say I'm sorely tempted; that's a lot of red rings for just a dollar...

So... there's still no news on when/if this game will be available for Android devices? sad.png

Not by the looks of things.

Have to say I'm not actually all that bothered now the hype has died down.

Don't worry folks, you're bound to get one eventually!

It'll be well worth the wait; it's a fun, addictive title that has that nostalgic flare that comes from playing a game with one's favorite characters.

As for the sale: the Breeze Bundle is the most popular Dash product purchased in-app at the moment. I'd say the sale was a success. I'm amazed people actually buy this stuff though... here I thought everyone hated microtransactions. :P

Nothing official with the Android release yet, unfortunately, seeing how I'm an owner myself, but I honestly think that we'll get it with time. Similar thing has happened with other iOS games and we did get Sonic Jump after all. I really see no reason for them not to reach out to Android customers as it's really only to get them more money. 

Either way, we'll just have to wait and see but I'm actually pretty excited for it, I've played it on a friend's iPad and I enjoyed it.

I'm sure they have their marketing reasons for preferring to sell to the iOS first. Android consumers are hardly negligible though, and so they're always on the table for a later date. A company needs to make money somewhere to keep paying employees, so it makes sense they don't release all the versions at once; they release the one they feel will make them the most and work on the other platformers afterward. I mean, based on what I can see, Dash is hardly making a ton of money; they needed to start covering costs at some point.

But worry not, there's money to be had with the Android version as well, so it'll come to it eventually. It'd be foolhardy not to port it eventually.

So, after finally getting Tails as my Daily Challenge reward a few days back, I've had a constant stream of 400-ring and Super Headstart rewards. mellow.png

Oh, I did get a 20 Red Star Ring bundle once, but that was the only thing of any worth.