Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Wait, wait, wait... Sky Sanctuary is in this game? blink.png

They got it muddled up with Ocean Palace.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, wait, wait... Sky Sanctuary is in this game? blink.png

Misconception based on the ruin parts of Seasode Hill.

They got it muddled up with Ocean Palace.

I was going to say! Didn't think Hardlight had put that much effort into the game :P

Seaside Hill is a Sky Sanctuary rehash now?

Sonic Generations' level selection was less diverse than I thought.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

Seaside Hill is a Sky Sanctuary rehash now?

Sonic Generations' level selection was less diverse than I thought.

If it's both a Green Hill and Sky Sanctuary rehash... then that technically means Sonic & Knuckles rehashed Sonic 1... which means...

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMPS!

:P

• Thumbs Up 2

They really should try the demand-side approach and hold polls/petitions to see what people want as the new stage like Sumo's done for characters.

Makes me curious what say, a City Escape stage would look like... would surely be interesting to pull off in the game.

Also, confusing Sky Sanctuary and Ocean Palace, seriously? What is this nonsense?

Also, confusing Sky Sanctuary and Ocean Palace, seriously? What is this nonsense?

Yeah, you'd have thought the fact that one of them is in the sky and one of them is by the ocean would have made it pretty damn obvious. It's not as if the zone names are misleading, either.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, admittedly I've been on a bit of a bender for this game today. Spent a good hour and a half on it.

You know what? If you just stop giving a shit about unlocking the extra characters (and considering they're quite literally reskins that play identically to Sonic, that's not too hard to do), this game suddenly becomes a lot more fun, because Red Star Rings lose almost all worth and you don't have to worry about earning/ saving them.

I've found that the game becomes infinitely easier if you just upgrade the rate at which the boost gauge fills, and to a slightly lesser extent, the duration of the boost itself. Also as you level up your multiplier increases as well, which seems to make your score go up that much more quickly.

But yeah; if you try and level up the boost gauge fill speed as much as you can, this makes a world of difference. If you choose the route-change option at a jump and successfully pull off the QTE, you'll usually get 20, 50, or 100 rings; the latter two will more or less completely fill your boost bar. The game becomes much easier when you can fill your boost bar as much as possible and use it to get through any dangerous bits. 

Hell, I've not even had all that much trouble with any of the missions so far. Whenever I clear three missions and get some Red Star Rings, I usually save them for revive tokens if I mess up in a particularly good run. This game is definitely growing on me the more I put into it. Sure, that in no way excuses the shitty cash-grab aspect of it, but if you just flat out ignore trying to unlock anything that requires Red Star Rings, the game suddenly becomes much more enjoyable.

You know what, though? This game has convinced me that an iOS port of Sonic and the Secret Rings could work amazingly. Because all the dumb shit that they pulled in it (i.e. controls, autorunning) would actually make sense as a mobile game.

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Have you guys played Subway Surfers? If not, try that game now. Sonic Dash is a mixture of Temple Run and Subway Surfers.

Since we were adding each other last page...anyone care to add me? MykonosFan, my iPod Touch is 2nd gen so I can't play this game or Jump...I just wanna have some friends on it... :P

Did you happen to unlock those specific achievements without an online connections? Sometimes I play at school and I happen to get through tons of challenges with none of them unlocked.

Well, I have 3G connection but when I'm at home I usually turn it off to use only wifi (which sometimes fails to connect)...

Shit xD.

Edited by Seraphinprincess

Have you guys played Subway Surfers? If not, try that game now. Sonic Dash is a mixture of Temple Run and Subway Surfers.

Love that game! Add me on Game Center (username in my signature) so we can compare scores and what not.

Edited by Generations

So, admittedly I've been on a bit of a bender for this game today. Spent a good hour and a half on it.

You know what? If you just stop giving a shit about unlocking the extra characters (and considering they're quite literally reskins that play identically to Sonic, that's not too hard to do), this game suddenly becomes a lot more fun, because Red Star Rings lose almost all worth and you don't have to worry about earning/ saving them.

I've found that the game becomes infinitely easier if you just upgrade the rate at which the boost gauge fills, and to a slightly lesser extent, the duration of the boost itself. Also as you level up your multiplier increases as well, which seems to make your score go up that much more quickly.

But yeah; if you try and level up the boost gauge fill speed as much as you can, this makes a world of difference. If you choose the route-change option at a jump and successfully pull off the QTE, you'll usually get 20, 50, or 100 rings; the latter two will more or less completely fill your boost bar. The game becomes much easier when you can fill your boost bar as much as possible and use it to get through any dangerous bits. 

Hell, I've not even had all that much trouble with any of the missions so far. Whenever I clear three missions and get some Red Star Rings, I usually save them for revive tokens if I mess up in a particularly good run. This game is definitely growing on me the more I put into it. Sure, that in no way excuses the shitty cash-grab aspect of it, but if you just flat out ignore trying to unlock anything that requires Red Star Rings, the game suddenly becomes much more enjoyable.

You know what, though? This game has convinced me that an iOS port of Sonic and the Secret Rings could work amazingly. Because all the dumb shit that they pulled in it (i.e. controls, autorunning) would actually make sense as a mobile game.

This pretty much echoes my thoughts. I play it just for fun; Tails, Knuckles and Amy aren't really of import to me at the moment. As such, I have zero red star issues... I just run for as long as I can without using continues.

I will admit the tapping the screen part sometimes can be cumbersome on my end but overall everything works smoothly. The music fits the speed of it all very well, and the difficulty curve really isn't that hard. But at the same time it's not too easy - you're constantly on the edge of your seat as new obstacles rapidly show up and you have a split second to move over. Some call it cheap, I call it exhilarating, constantly being in a sense of danger!

I really need to test out the boosts more, because just earlier I died when the game didn't respond to a homing attack command. So the direct screen tap apparently needs some fine tuning...

Well, at least that's more or less a confirmation there won't be any fully new stages unless Sega yanks their leash hard enough. So that really just makes one wonder what other locales they'll put in Dash.

Perhaps they'll do all the iconic stages that didn't make the cut for Generations? Ice Cap, City Escape, etc.?

Those are actually pretty lame. To be honest, they don't even look official.

Anyway, I wonder when the game is going to get updated. At this point I have beat all the missions and unlocked Amy o both my iPhone and iPad. Also, what about Sonic Jump? I hope they didn't forget about it, it's been a while since we've gotten an update for that!

Those are actually pretty lame. To be honest, they don't even look official.

Echoing this.

My browser is also telling me the URL isn't trustworthy. So yes, high chance they're bootlegged. 

Sega should consider creating at least a small batch of Dash T-Shirts though. While they probably won't sell enormously, I can see a few thousand selling to the devoted fans.

When the Android version comes out, would a Kindle Fire be able to run it? I don't have one, but I'm curious.

When the Android version comes out, would a Kindle Fire be able to run it? I don't have one, but I'm curious.

Well, since the Kindle Fire can't access the Google Play Store, chances are that, unless they also make it available for the Amazon Appstore, you won't be able to get it.

Sonic Dash IGN Review (click the spoiler for the score and "bottom line" version of the review)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/20/sonic-dash-review

Score - 6.1/10

Pros:
Looks Great
Snappy Responsive Controls
Fast-Paced

Cons:
Riddles with pay-to-win elements (very true)
Too many unavoidable deaths

Also, according to someone in the comments, he likes 06 more than Unleashed because 06 has more "soul" put into it...yep.

Edited by KrazyBean

Sonic Dash IGN Review (click the spoiler for the score and "bottom line" version of the review)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/20/sonic-dash-review

Score - 6.1/10

Pros:

Looks Great

Snappy Responsive Controls

Fast-Paced

Cons:

Riddles with pay-to-win elements (very true)

Too many unavoidable deaths

Also, according to someone in the comments, he likes 06 more than Unleashed because 06 has more "soul" put into it...yep.

Only 6/10 huh? So.....was there a "Sonic is dead" comment in the review somewhere?

Only 6/10 huh? So.....was there a "Sonic is dead" comment in the review somewhere?

No, but there was a "Sonic should die" comment (which was negatively voted on...good). Oh, and TONS of SA3 comments.

However, one person said that Sonic needs a game which is the equivalent of Mario Galaxy for Mario or Rayman Origins for Rayman...I agree with this.

Edited by KrazyBean

No, but there was a "Sonic should die" comment (which was negatively voted on...good). Oh, and TONS of SA3 comments.

However, one person said that Sonic needs a game which is the equivalent of Mario Galaxy for Mario or Rayman Origins for Rayman...I agree with this.

Isn't Sonic Colors equivalent to Mario Galaxy?