Awoo.

Sonic Dash (iOS/Android)

Detective Shadzter

Like Sonic Jump, I'm pretty sure the game is released as a beta to rake in cash. They later throw in updates as time goes on. I guess we might EVENTUALLY get our money's worth.

Anyone hack into the game's files yet? I remember Sonic Jump being exposed Day 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

What happened with the whole"we'll update Jump with new levels"by the way?

Now that I think about it, with the concept of the game, i think it would have probably(at least to me) have felt much better on a console via XBL/PSN or WiiU shop.

Like Sonic Jump, I'm pretty sure the game is released as a beta to rake in cash. They later throw in updates as time goes on. I guess we might EVENTUALLY get our money's worth.

Anyone hack into the game's files yet? I remember Sonic Jump being exposed Day 1.

Funny thing is, Sonic Jump was fun when it was in "beta". It was stable, the missions were decent, and unlocking characters were much fairer. Each character also had a special ability. Sure, it was a bit cheap, but it wasn't that bad.

I hope they add red rings in to your run. Like in Temple Run 2, during your run you will randomly see a gem and you can collect it. They have to do that with Dash with red rings.

They also have to get rid of the cheap placements of spikes, mines, badniks and obstacles. Goodness sake, the obstacles. Sometimes a set of obstacles are so close to each other, there's no way you'll survive no matter how fast you quick step.

But that's all I can think of, because it's pretty much set that the missions will be extremely tough and I don't think they won't change the prices.

*sigh* I can't buy a revive token again unless I spend money. I have no way to collect red rings for free.

Dash was hacked, but nothing secret was found like in Jump.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, unreliable controls, bullshit level design, bullshit microtransactions, characters being reskins, and barely any content? And the game being buggy and unreliable on 4-gen devices? Whelp, seems my gut feeling was justified after all!

Jesus, Hardlight, you really fucked up this time.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

building on the success of their first projects on iOS – Sonic Jump & Sonic Dash

Something rather funny about that right now...

The game isn't even buggy on my 4th gen device, also homing attacking is easy, just blindly tap the screen just as you mash jump in the console games. Also what were people expecting? Generations iOS? XD 

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe people just wanted to be able to make decent progress in it

or even complete it at all

without dishing out tons of money after they've already bought the game.

• Thumbs Up 4

The game isn't even buggy on my 4th gen device, also homing attacking is easy, just blindly tap the screen just as you mash jump in the console games. Also what were people expecting? Generations iOS? XD 

No

People expected to be given a game for the money they paid. Not an advert.

• Thumbs Up 6

I can't believe how all of you are complaining...and then you wonder why the Sonic fanbase has a bad name. The game is fine, and it doesn't suck just because you have the option to purchase something with real money. What, have you never heard of a company trying to make money before?

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't believe how all of you are complaining...and then you wonder why the Sonic fanbase has a bad name. The game is fine, and it doesn't suck just because you have the option to purchase something with real money. What, have you never heard of a company trying to make money before?

Like what EA is doing?.... -.-

Look I'm not going to bother responding to this properly. I ask if someone else would, please.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

"I find the game to be to be good, thus it is factually a good game with no problems and Sega has the right to make money no matter whatever methods they use to attempt it. Anyone who criticizes the game or Sega's money making methods are just complaining for the sake of complaining. Bawwcomplaining bawwcomplaintsareterrible bawwcomplainersgivethefanbaseabadname bawwSonicfansareunpleaseable *insertSonicfanstheycomplainabouteverything.jpghere*. Baw."

Edited by Horny Samus
  • Thumbs Up 8

I'm trying not to complain, I don't even have the game yet! XD But I have got several app games and they all seem to have this "premium currency'' stuff going on. The one I play the most has a gem system which lets me upgrade stuff... but I don't really want to buy gems, so I leave all my stuff as it is and build up gems the slow way! XD I seem to remember a lot of Zynga games on Facebook had this system as well, you could click on something to buy extra goodies so you could get an item you want... ugh to think I once played Farmville! I'm just debating in my head whether to join in on this kind of game. In Jump it doesn't bother me; the currency system is an integral part of the game. I can play and collect rings for my purchases in the game, but in Dash it would seem that the only currency worth having is the "premium" one.

It is a little depressing, if I am honest that some games have a two tiered system. I guess I am just used to buying a game and then playing it until I am done... then letting it sit for a while before I get all nostalgy and play it again! XD Geez... did I just officially become old?!

As for Dash itself, it certainly looks nice and I'm sure it will be great for avoiding boredom on the Metro every morning! But I doubt I would bother with all the upgrades and other characters and stuff.

What happened with the whole"we'll update Jump with new levels"by the way?

This was the question I wanted to ask but deleted; it's on Hardlight's Twitter somewhere. They put it on hold for Dash (I'm wondering if this whole leak mess made them release it early, possibly unfinished judging by some people's issues...) but they are still intending on releasing the last level. Couldn't find any more comments on it, though. :/

Edited by MamboCat

I rather have a Jump update than a Dash update right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, come off it. The complaints about this game are completely justified. As it's been mentioned, you can't get Tails or Knuckles without shoving out real money, and the later challenges are made extremely difficult and tedious just to pressure the player into buying shit. Hell, even Amy would be impossible to get without purchasing, if you took advantage of certain features, like the ability to continue with a Red Ring, or skipping missions. 

Did I mention the fact that people who actually buy a ton of Red Rings are gonna have an advantage when playing, besides getting cosmetic stuff like the characters? Because the rings can get recovery items, which are essential for high scoring. 

And you're reminded that you can buy them EVERY TIME you fail. It's ridiculous. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Well, I'm just going to keep having fun trying to beat my high score with Sonic. 

Still enjoying it here! 

You guys should stop complaining about the micro-transactions, because every Red Ring you buy will give SEGA enough money for at least five whole games' worth of voice acting!

• Thumbs Up 2

You guys should stop complaining about the micro-transactions, because every Red Ring you buy will give SEGA enough money for at least five whole games' worth of voice acting!

You mean the voice acting they barely use to make it worth it?

They should change the title from Sonic Dash to Roger Craig Smith's Benevolent Fund, then... :P

• Thumbs Up 4

Did I mention the fact that people who actually buy a ton of Red Rings are gonna have an advantage when playing, besides getting cosmetic stuff like the characters? Because the red rings can get recovery items, which are essential for high scoring. 

And you're reminded that you can buy them EVERY TIME you fail. It's ridiculous. 

I added 'red' in there to clarify. Because well, collecting normal rings don't give you recovery items. =p

• Thumbs Up 1

Nevermind I found this:

Amy runs extremely goofy xD We can also see her panties ~kukuku =P

It looks like Amy's waddling like a duck at high speeds, but it does prevent panty shots...at least until you make her boost or when she has to do QTE jumps. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

So with regards to extra characters, basically this game has content that's present, but locked off from the player unless they fork out more money. And furthermore, that extra content is purely cosmetic even though the player would expect it to be more substantial.

• Thumbs Up 2

This game is terrible. Sonic has green eyes!

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, at least all characters can roll and run as fast as Sonic, just like the old games... If there's something ST done wrong regarding extra playable characters is slowing them down (and I mean PAINFULLY). They did right in SA, where Sonic/Tails/Knuckles all have the same speed, and each one with their own unique skill... So Hardlight half got it.

Edited by Jango

I'm just going to guess the extra characters were never included for alternative gameplay. The game itself is defining itself as an endless run. So it's naturally Sonic-centric. The others were likely just included so as to cash in one the fact many Sonic fans like a character more than Sonic himself. Won't be surprised if we see Shadow sooner or later.

As a cash in, it's logical they're just repaints.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice