Sonic Dash Android SEGA website

Android users rejoice, as SEGA has finally confirmed that Sonic Dash is headed to Android devices. SEGA has added the game to its website today and is listing Android as one of the platforms. No news on when the Android version will launch, unfortunately, but as soon as a date is revealed, we’ll let you know.

Sonic Dash is now available on the App Store for $1.99, AUD$1.99, £1.49, €1.79 on iPod® touch, iPad® and iPhone®.

Source: SEGA’s official website

Tags: , , , ,

33 Responses to SEGA’s Website Confirms Sonic Dash for Android

1. ive been playing it for a little bit now its heaps fun, i love it!

2. Not for Windows Phone / Windows 8 devices… :(

• olderthansonic says:

Waiting for it to be announced for WP8 myself. Seeing as we didn’t get Sonic Jump I’m a little worried. I wasn’t bothered about Jump, but Dash looks pretty cool.

• sonicfan004 says:

i highly doubt it will come to windows phone soon. remember when they released sonic 4 episode 1? that went fine, but we didn’t get sonic cd until about a year and a half later and there still isn’t word on sonic 4 ep 2 which was supposed to have an awesome cross play feature with the xbox version

• olderthansonic says:

Yeah, I seriously will lol when (or if) they do bring Ep. 2 to WP with the functionality to transfer saves. I finished Ep. 2 on my Xbox a long time ago. Not interested in getting it for phone now. Sonic Dash however avoids the problems encountered when touch screens and platformers combine and it looks a lot of fun to me. I’m sure people will pick it up fast on WP where there are less decent games any way. We don’t have the Temple Run games, so this would appeal even more to us. Sega, if you read this, PLEASE make it happen.

3. Awwwwwwwww yeah.

4. Nick Greene says:

Awesome!

5. Hmm… the mention of the Android version seems to be gone from the site now. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not happening anymore, though.

6. DarkNoise says:

Unfortunatly for some phone owners, there isn’t a large enough market for Windows Devices when iOS and Android are the main domenant mobile platforms at the moment.

In saying that, this game has problems. I know quite a few people who have downloaded this for their iPhones and iPods today and are finding the games graphics are not as good as the videos show them, and the game keeps crashing repeatedly and making it unplayable.

Still a long way to go then by looks of it.

• olderthansonic says:

It’s true that the number of iphone or android users far outnumber WP, but the WP user base is growing. Given we don’t have Temple Run, I see this being very popular on WP. I can only see Sega making money to be honest. There are enough crappy cheap indie games on the marketplace that if they can do it I’m sure Sega could afford to bring us this.

7. Told you.

8. Pingback: Video Spotlight: Sonic Dash Launch Trailer « SEGADriven

9. I have to say congratulations to droid users, and I hope you all enjoy the game.
    Speaking of the game, yes, the graphics aren’t as good as they were in the video, but it is still incredible. I never had any crashes though, it probably only happens on older models.

10. The graphics look the same from the screenshots shown in the other post. Must be the device you are playing on.

• I have the iPhone 4s, but isn’t that a current enough version to have the good graphics? Or do I have too much stuff on my phone?

• I was playing the iPhone 5 version and recorded it with an iPod Touch in High Definition.

• Well, I guess that explains it, an iPhone 5 us needed for the best graphics- every other version had down scaled graphics. (Except we don’t know about the droid version yet and I am still guessing the iPad 3 had also good graphics.)
          Oh well, I guess I will have to deal with it.

11. What about PS Vita? Jetpack Joyride did it..

12. Did anyone else notice that “Android” disappeared from the website?

13. are you guys sure there will be android version cause i dont see it on the upcoming games list explain this please thanks

14. Can you please make sonic dash for android I love the look of it

15. Pingback: SEGA Planning Exciting Things for Sonic as a Brand “in the Near Future” | The Sonic Stadium

16. It’s been a month I love you Sega but you’re not helping me ITS MY DASH AND I NEED IT NOW! Or a release date that way I won’t constantly search for one…
    Much obliged,
    Jay

17. Hello i have seen sonic dash for i phone can you please put it on android soon because i think its brilliant please let us know when it will come on android please

18. Its been to long now can you please put sonic dash on android because i look everyday on the google play store for it and it is not in sight and i love the sonic games so much so please hurry and lets us know when it will be on android i hope it comes on android next week

19. Hello again i am on android and i really want sonic dash because its so good try and get it on android soon please i am counting on you sega

20. Hi i really want sonic dash for android and its been a long wait please get it on androi soon i am counting on you sega