Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

You have nothing to worry about. That is a perfectly fine viewpoint to express. You tried it and you didn't like it. Fair enough.

Exactly. I have no trouble with people who honestly gave the show a shot and just didn't care for it. It's the people who complain about shows they don't watch that irk me, as they've decided they don't like it without even giving it a chance.

I think MLP:FiM is a great show, but it's not for everyone- No show is, after all. =)

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want to say, people have their own views and opinions. A lot are negative, some are positive, but I mean... I know it's right to express your feelings and opinions, but if you just come to express negativity in this topic, that's not right. And I'm going to have to ask you to move your negativity somewhere else where other people will like it. Please don't think this is mean in any way, I just wanted to let you know.

-WF :)

EDIT: D-damn it why does this post have so much +rep, don't you bronies know I'm not even on your side you fools

Its futile, Sean.

EDIT: D-damn it why does this post have so much +rep, don't you bronies know I'm not even on your side you fools

We're bronies, Sean. We don't care what side you're on. We agree with you and appreciate that you actually took the time and effort to come in here and make a point. Bronies like to show appreciation. Love and tolerance and all that. Keep on being great, Sean!

Heart-Blending.jpg

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

I HATE YOUR SHOW.

Yes and we respect your opinion. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

I HATE YOUR SHOW.

I love and tolerate your right to express such an opinion.

My second video is done. I'm uploading it to the YouTubes now.

• Thumbs Up 3

+1 rep.

trollface.jpg

But really, we (well I do anyways, can't speak for everyone) appreciate what you do.

I HATE YOUR SHOW.

I respect your opinion, and I wuv you.

Anyways, I've been reading some fan fiction. Past Sins, and On A Cross And Arrow are the ones that stick out in my mind, because they're so cute for one reason or another.

Past Sins.

A cult tries bringing back Nightmare Moon. They were successful... that is if you count creating this

adorable little filly successful. So yes, they were quite successful.

On A Cross And Arrow.

Twilight discovers another way to teleport, and surprise it doesn't work as planned. The mane 6 end up in alternate Equestria where everyone is the opposite gender. Fluttershy and Butterscotch man. They would be the cutest couple ever...even if it is a bit weird.

I have also decided that I'm completely ok with shipping. Whoever with whoever, I don't care anymore. Just make sure it's written well (my definition of "well" anyways. Don't know if that's high or low).

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 2

And then I made one that turned Rainbow Dash into a borderline-sociopath.

*Insert Rainbow Dash Shipping Joke Here*

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh well, I don't know if you guys know but Seth has been talking about the chance of an EqD forum...

I don't know what to think about it, since that would pretty much mean I would stop posting here (in this topic), at lest that would mean Sean doesn't have to ban all of us. :V

Anyways here is some fanfiction time! ("Am I the only one who hates Pony Swag?" edition)

Nothing to do with fics, I just needed to vent that out. :V

The elements of awesomery:

inb4egoraptor

I really didn't found this funny at all, the only characters I found interesting were Rarity and Applejack.

Also, I already knew this fic was being written by a pony (but untill queen meanie I thought the one writting was Dash)

On a cross and arrow:

I don't really have a lot to talk about this one right now, but I like where it's going...

Or rather, I like how Fluttershy was the only one to fall for herself...

Brave new world:

The only story with humans that I can tolerate (so far).

I was actually expecting some random highschool animu stuff with some magical girl elements but this seems to be going for something more, and I like that.

The are many plot points to choose from... But I can see this going in a FMA (first anime) way...

You know, with all the door and real world stuff.

The night that never ended:

I have mixed feelings about the latest chapter fo this one..

for once, I can see some glimmer of hope for Dash and Twiligh, and thinking about Trixie getting what she desserves makes me feel good.

In the other hand, watching Twilight admiting that the ponies here are not their friends depressed me.

Also, Trixie is most likely the true villain here so she is going to find a way to get out of the situation she got herself in...

In other notes, i've just realised that the Shadowbolts asked Dash to be their capitain in episode 2 (of the cartoon), now I can see where all those gueses where coming from. :P

Elements of awesome: (completed?)

No, it's not the same as the first one I posted.

So, I have been skipping this one but since I saw the tag complete I said, "well, why the hell not?" and started reading...

Ehh, I didn't like the characters, so I'm staying out of this one (because it wasn't actually completed, only the first part was).

The best night ever extended: (completed)

What can I say, I wanted to read something happy after going trough the night that never ended...

Even if my common sense was complaining about things getting solved without much complications I have to confess that I didn't care too much about it because that was pretty much the point of this fic xD, also, the ending was freaking awesome.

Starpony. Wings of liberty:

Part of the already raeg inducing (for the love of Celestia, please stop using this as a plot point) "Twilight screw's up a spell and stuff happens" series.

But I'm willing to ignore this if the story turns out to be original and interesting (like I did with "On a cross and arrow").

Ans this one is, but not in the way most of you would expect, I don't really think the writing is that good (I'm waiting for the author to explain if Twilight also travelled in time instead of just space before starting calling things, and I think Twilight knowing about all this sci-fi stuff is no different that someone who knows about fairies and such for reading fantasy books).

I like this because I'm a Starcraft Fanboy and I am really curious to see where this fic goes.

I'm expecting things working under the Rule of Cool/Funny, like I do with the Cutie mark Clash

Luna's best night ever:

I'ts been a time sicne I've readed the lastest chapter so I don't remember a lot of it...

I think I liked it, becasue it's still in my fics to follow list. xD

The elements of gaming:

I do remember someone teling us this fic was good, but I ditched it because it only had one chapter...

But that night I was bored so when i saw the fic going on in EqD (and with 2 chapters) I started to read.

Okay, this one is funny.

:lol:

So far the only disappointment (not sure if this is something good because we only have 2 chapters right now) was Gears of War, I don't hate the game, but I think all the chapter would have been better if they used some survival horror (and/or equally violent) game instead of another shooter, also, vomiting? it's nto the sort of things I enjoy picturing in my head. >_>

But hey! Next chapter seems to be about freaking Command & Conquer so it's all forgiven. :P

I'm expecting a lengthy and awesome series, Ryden and Xephfyre haven't even scratched the surface of the gaming world.

The cutie mark clash:

Not too mcuh to speak about it right now.

Heh... Bison...

Can I say that I hate Pinkie in this story? Because I really do. I would have dropped this already if it weren't because I read it for lulz and cool moments (like I'm going to do with the Starpony) instead of some serious writing and/or a good story.

Rarity's rodeo: (one shot)

I think I should stop reading fics written by this guy.

Because he seems to have a cannon in his head and tries to fit all of his fics into it, which basically means he will throw refferences to "Simply Rarity" everytime he can.

And I like that, but "Simply Rarity" is such a special case...

*goes to cry in a corner*

The fic was good. T_T

The sound of sunlight: (completed)

This fic is good, but the ending suffers about something I will call (from now on) "the Cutie Mark Chronicles" syndrome. Which means trying to solve all of the plot points in the lapse of a single episode, seriously, this could have been miles better than what it was.

It's all there, the story ends in a good way and I love how the author gives me a reason to try to squish this fic into my fanon, but it felt rushed, and so I have this bittersweet sensation...

Actually, while I was typing this, I readed that Chicken Vortex rewrited the thing, I shall check it later.

Lost in the crowd: (completed)

Another fic I can't remember a lot about, just that it comes after a TwiXLuna fic that I've never readed and that it was better than what I expected.

I say give it a shot, despite me not really remembering why I liked it. xD Pinkie going crazy helps I guess.

The romancing quest:

This one is good, like, really good.

Some light shipping, some Trixie and lots of fun to be had. :lol:

If you don't mind any of those go read it.

In her Majesty's royal service:

YAY! Kickstart!

I'm still loving this story, and going up in my rank of top fictions.

Prankster Luna is best (outside Progress) Luna.

I also like how this seems to be going for some long story, because thos mafia ponies are bound to appear sooner or later but they have been forgotten for now.

My only dissapointement is how the guards got trained to do only the stuff the current royal guard do (nothing really useful), I mean, you should try to have your cadets prepared for anything, you never know when another ancient evil might pop out.

Ponytales: (completed)

I love and hate this fic so... So... Much...

I'll go a little off topic before going into the spoilers because I've been wanting to reply to batguy when he said that we should hear Live and learn while reading the finale...

I would also like to give my recomendationa nd tell you guys to get the Soundtrack of a (crappy) anime called Fairy Tail, it's what I've been using during the whole story.

Here are some examples . Try to chek them fast because PONYCANYON (heh, pony) is really good a finding and deleting them.

Now let's go back to the fic:

I've been indeed, fistpumping during the whole fight against the snake, that was an epic moment for all the three and I enjoyed every single second of it.

(I must confess though, that in my mind the snake was a lot smaller than in the description, otherwise I fail to find it... Err... Believable, even in a world of magic unicorns)

But really, Twilight getting better so soon? And having amplified powers out of nowhere? And I already knew about the visions but I wasn't expecting that... I... I didn't like that moment... (neither I liked that Twilight says that she still doesn't believe in such things)

I know all of that was explained at some point, I know the Beneviolet is the best medicine out there (and they got one in full power), and I personally like to think that the increase in power was because of the lube xD but still...

I also didn't like the ending itself, because there is a giant snake out there (though probably buried again in the mountains) and Lala's vision of that thing wipping out the deers out of the planet, and the thing that was left in the cave way back at the beggining? After watching the last paragraphs I couldn't avoid to ask, "So... Is that it?"

But as I've been saying a lot of times, I don't think this is THE END. (I would seriously raeg if it is)

Despite everything I said, I still think this fic is filled with awesome and everyone interested in such things should read it, I admit that as far as narration goes Jetfire is by a long shot the best (non professional) writter I've readed, but there are so many little things that irks me about developments and plot twists... And he hurts my canon.

Progress:

Instead of the current vs. Ponyville arc we have gotten some little side stories, some are fanfictions of a fanfiction. (never expected to see such a thing :lol:)

You know, after watching the first season of Scrubs all over again I can't stop associating this fic with that series, mostly because of the massive imagine spots.

I love Scrubs BTW.

Luna vs. the heat:

Nice little tale, I still hate Hoyden. (can't really remember a lot about this one)

Gelatin:

pFZGc.png

What does this have to do with Progress? o_o

Luna vs. Threesome:

Okay...

Contrary to what the title might suggest this fic starts in a good way, and even the part when Luna is "doing research" is adorable, but then this line comes...

"... actually... I always thought that if I was going to have a foal... 'Abacus' seems to be a rather nice name, don't you think?"

Now, there is nothing wrong with the line, but right bellow this little piece of text we enter in what I like to call "the Cloping Zone".

Yeah...

Despite that, this little fic was freaking hilarious, and Celestia delivered some serious ownage during the whole thing. :lol:

Still, I don't want to read anything like that again.

And I still hate Hoyden.

Luna vs. Videogames:

Now this one was better (in the sense that it doesn't creep the hell out of me).

I didn't really understand the ending but it was another nice little story, it could have been passed as another chapter of the series.

And that's it for today, I still have a little list of fics to read, but I'm out of time.

Edited by (屮^3^)屮

The elements of awesomery:

inb4egoraptor

I really didn't found this funny at all, the only characters I found interesting were Rarity and Applejack.

Also, I already knew this fic was being written by a pony (but untill queen meanie I thought the one writting was Dash)

That one's a "you have to be there" kind of thing. The whole thing is a parody of bad fanfics and bad fanbases, and is quite similar in concept to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UBY-jroC94.

The problem is, there needs to be a baseline for the comparison to work, and if you haven't read an excessively bad fan fic its entirely possible that you won't get many of the things it is lampooning. For example, I have read really bad fanfics (years and years and years ago when I read fan fics in general rather than just reading Pony stuff), so I was practically in stitches from the very beginning; and I almost lost it completely when the reveal happened at the end.

On a cross and arrow:

I don't really have a lot to talk about this one right now, but I like where it's going...

Or rather, I like how Fluttershy was the only one to fall for herself...

I'm actually a chapter behind in this now, but I love what has been written so far.

The night that never ended:

I have mixed feelings about the latest chapter fo this one..

for once, I can see some glimmer of hope for Dash and Twiligh, and thinking about Trixie getting what she desserves makes me feel good.

In the other hand, watching Twilight admiting that the ponies here are not their friends depressed me.

Also, Trixie is most likely the true villain here so she is going to find a way to get out of the situation she got herself in...

Let me regale you with a tale. I've been following this story almost since the beginning (I still use the original bookmark link I made when I first started it all the way back when Chapter 3 was the newest one). And I've never ended a chapter feeling particularly good about things. Always been some form of depressed. And since Chapter 8 happened, I won't even read the damn thing unless I have an unbelievably uplifting story on the backburner that I can read after I'm done, just in case. Chapter 8 screwed me up that badly.

So I say this with no uncertainty: Chapter 14 was one of the most kick-ass, fuck-yeah chapters of anything I've ever read.

When Nightmare Moon called Super Bitch's bluff, I yelled, out loud, "Fuck Yes!" And as horrific as the scene was, I came real close to doing the same thing when Rainbow Dash punched that asshole in the face until he had no more face left to punch. And when unit-one drew the fan art for that scene (the one that is currently on the TNTNE page), I wasn't able to keep myself from doing it again.

I can't even remember what I was thinking was going to happen. It had been too long. But I know that it wasn't that I was going to end it with a grin chiseled into my face just as large as the ones caused by a chapter of TBoTS.

Rarity's rodeo: (one shot)

I think I should stop reading fics written by this guy.

Because he seems to have a cannon in his head and tries to fit all of his fics into it, which basically means he will throw refferences to "Simply Rarity" everytime he can.

And I like that, but "Simply Rarity" is such a special case...

*goes to cry in a corner*

The fic was good. T_T

I still stand by my opinion that that would have been better without the shipping, because it isn't handled that well and it seems far more like it was originally written just for Applejack and Rarity overcoming their difference and being much closer friends (like in Look Before You Sleep). But when the events of Simply Rarity and Blood, Sweat and Tears are both taken into account, this story is damn powerful.

Lost in the crowd: (completed)

Another fic I can't remember a lot about, just that it comes after a TwiXLuna fic that I've never readed and that it was better than what I expected.

I say give it a shot, despite me not really remembering why I liked it. xD Pinkie going crazy helps I guess.

Common Sky isn't really a TwiLuna story. I've actually really wanted to read Lost in the Crowd, though, because I really loved Common Sky. I just haven't had the time.

The romancing quest:

This one is good, like, really good.

Some light shipping, some Trixie and lots of fun to be had. :lol:

If you don't mind any of those go read it.

This thing is hilarious. Its no Ballad of Twilight Sparkle, but it is damn close. I love the implied Ship to Ship combat between Twixie and TwiMac that appears to be the framing device of the next chapter.

Ponytales: (completed)

I love and hate this fic so... So... Much...

I'll go a little off topic before going into the spoilers because I've been wanting to reply to batguy when he said that we should hear Live and learn while reading the finale...

I would also like to give my recomendationa nd tell you guys to get the Soundtrack of a (crappy) anime called Fairy Tail, it's what I've been using during the whole story.

Here are some examples . Try to chek them fast because PONYCANYON (heh, pony) is really good a finding and deleting them.

Now let's go back to the fic:

I've been indeed, fistpumping during the whole fight against the snake, that was an epic moment for all the three and I enjoyed every single second of it.

(I must confess though, that in my mind the snake was a lot smaller than in the description, otherwise I fail to find it... Err... Believable, even in a world of magic unicorns)

But really, Twilight getting better so soon? And having amplified powers out of nowhere? And I already knew about the visions but I wasn't expecting that... I... I didn't like that moment... (neither I liked that Twilight says that she still doesn't believe in such things)

I know all of that was explained at some point, I know the Beneviolet is the best medicine out there (and they got one in full power), and I personally like to think that the increase in power was because of the lube xD but still...

I also didn't like the ending itself, because there is a giant snake out there (though probably buried again in the mountains) and Lala's vision of that thing wipping out the deers out of the planet, and the thing that was left in the cave way back at the beggining? After watching the last paragraphs I couldn't avoid to ask, "So... Is that it?"

But as I've been saying a lot of times, I don't think this is THE END. (I would seriously raeg if it is)

Despite everything I said, I still think this fic is filled with awesome and everyone interested in such things should read it, I admit that as far as narration goes Jetfire is by a long shot the best (non professional) writter I've readed, but there are so many little things that irks me about developments and plot twists... And he hurts my canon.

There is almost certainly going to be something that happens for future iterations of that world. Maybe not a direct sequel, but something.

Progress:

Instead of the current vs. Ponyville arc we have gotten some little side stories, some are fanfictions of a fanfiction. (never expected to see such a thing :lol:)

You know, after watching the first season of Scrubs all over again I can't stop associating this fic with that series, mostly because of the massive imagine spots.

I love Scrubs BTW.

Luna vs. the heat:

Nice little tale, I still hate Hoyden. (can't really remember a lot about this one)

Gelatin:

pFZGc.png

What does this have to do with Progress? o_o

Luna vs. Threesome:

Okay...

Contrary to what the title might suggest this fic starts in a good way, and even the part when Luna is "doing research" is adorable, but then this line comes...

Now, there is nothing wrong with the line, but right bellow this little piece of text we enter in what I like to call "the Cloping Zone".

Yeah...

Despite that, this little fic was freaking hilarious, and Celestia delivered some serious ownage during the whole thing. :lol:

Still, I don't want to read anything like that again.

And I still hate Hoyden.

Luna vs. Videogames:

Now this one was better (in the sense that it doesn't creep the hell out of me).

I didn't really understand the ending but it was another nice little story, it could have been passed as another chapter of the series.

I haven't actually gotten to these yet, but I am glad to see that Andrew has gotten his mojo back, so to speak. He mentioned that he's trying something that is inducing the creative juices once again, so apparently he stopped burning himself out.

I saw the video. I like it! Nice video ;-)

If you're talking to me, thanks. I have an idea for my next one, but I'd like to try to submit them all so I don't want to keep doing them one after another like I did for this one and the last one.

Edit: So, yeah. Here's a warning. Anyone who has been reading TNTNE, do not read The New Dawn of the Old Night. I'm serious.

Its a fantastic story, but every chapter I've read of it has put me through absolute hell; and by the time I finished chapter 3 I was on the verge of an emotional breakdown almost identical to the one I did go through when I read Chapter 8 of TNTNE. And Chapter 3 of this one finally made me realize that the reason that this story has been so thoroughly wrecking my shit is because I've been following TNTNE.

Edited by Tornado

Oh dude that MLP FiM video with girls looks awesome! Looks like girls from Stocking and whatever the name is XD

It never ceases to amaze me just how quickly a pony discussion will turn to talking about colors. Take this image:

Untitled.png

The intended discussion point that the picture was posted for is obvious: RAEP TIEM IS CANON.

So of course the logical thing to occur was a dozen posts all talking about Pinkie's eyes being gray.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

In regards to the differences in opinion on the last page, I have only one thing to say: Not everyone (or everypony, rather) can be pleased. It's one of my outlooks on life, and I believe Twilight Sparkle said it best: If you try and please everypony at once, you end up pleasing nopony at all.

That said, I got into this show via a friend of mine, initially. At first I quickly lost interest after the two-parter (mainly because I preferred shows with a recurring main antagonist), but after seeing these ponies EVERYWHERE I GO on the Net (even on this one Gran Turismo forum), I began watching the rest of season 1. Like the rest of you here, I became addicted, and became a brony afterwards.

So here I am, managing a Sonic and Rainbow Dash crossover group on DA, and, since I was already a fanfic writer, currently writing a fic where Rainbow Dash gets the Chaos Emeralds and...I think you know where I'm going with this.

Plus, according to an email from Seth..

That and we honestly just haven't received a good enough sonic story yet. For some reason they are always filled with awful grammar and mary-sue up the wazooo oc characters that none of the pre-readers liked.

It just depends on if you can pull it off really! There are a few really random crossovers in the archive that did really well, even with controversial side characters.

So yeah, I'm hoping to break this trend by actually delivering a good Sonic crossover, even though Sonic barely appears; my focus is on RD going Super.

• Thumbs Up 1

That and we honestly just haven't received a good enough sonic story yet. For some reason they are always filled with awful grammar and mary-sue up the wazooo oc characters that none of the pre-readers liked.

For some reason, I just find that absolutely hilarious. Its like a "stop being so stereotypical" joke.

Edit: Also,

Edited by Tornado

Alright. Alright. I ignored it. It's a fad, it will go away. Surely. But...curiosity. CURIOSITY!!! I decided to go on Youtube and find a highlight video just so I could see what the fuss was about. While I never bursted out laughing (Partly because the clips and jokes felt entirely out of context) I admit to being intrigued. But I feel...I feel dirty. Not because it doesn't have the makings of a good show, but because it's about bright and colorful ponies from a franchise that used to be made only for little girls. Watching those clips makes me feel like I'm playing with a Barbie doll and kind of enjoying it, the sort of thing that any male would have been locked away in an asylum for a mere six months ago.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY MIND!!?? WHY IS THE WORLD CHANGING SO FAST!!??

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 3

Alright. Alright. I ignored it. It's a fad, it will go away. Surely. But...curiosity. CURIOSITY!!! I decided to go on Youtube and find a highlight video just so I could see what the fuss was about. While I never bursted out laughing (Partly because the clips and jokes felt entirely out of context) I admit to being intrigued. But I feel...I feel dirty. Not because it doesn't have the makings of a good show, but because it's about bright and colorful ponies from a franchise that used to be made only for little girls. Watching those clips makes me feel like I'm playing with a Barbie doll and kind of enjoying it, the sort of thing that any male would have been locked away in an asylum for a mere six months ago.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY MIND!!?? WHY IS THE WORLD CHANGING SO FAST!!??

Real men enjoy what they like, not what they're SUPPOSED to like according to society.

• Thumbs Up 5

Real men enjoy what they like, not what they're SUPPOSED to like according to society.

I know, in a way this is actually the manliest thing ever. It still doesn't prevent me from feeling like my world has turned upside-down.

It's just something you need to get over, at your own pace. It's a step towards maturity I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's just something you need to get over, at your own pace. It's a step towards maturity I think.

I think you misunderstand. It's not that I have some standard of what men should be, or that I think men should refuse to partake in anything girly. (I loved Powerpuff Girls, though that show wasn't super 'girly' most of the time) It just still feels weird seeing a My Little Pony show that seems to be targeted at everyone, and doing a good job at it. Imagine going online one day and noticing that everyone is now watching Strawberry Shortcake. It may be a good show, you may even obsess over it, but it's still surprising since you never in a million years thought that the franchise would catch on with older men or that you would one day decide you like Strawberry Shortcake. That is all I'm trying to say here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, my favourite pony fanfic(Out of the few I've read), has been completed. The Vinyl Scratch Tapes is complete and dear Celestia, it is glorious.

Chapter 4 tied everything together perfectly. We also got to see more of Octavia's ensemble. I was worried about how Corey would the shipping but it worked really well. It wasn't too underplayed or over played. I liked the Diamond Dogs making an appearance and one of them having their canon name used(And being given a nickname). The characters developed perfectly throughout this and the final chapter is no exception. It has a good sense of closure. It also keeps a good balance of humor and many other emotions. This whole fic is just exceptional. Especially when it needs to make you feel emotions. I don't have a complaint about it.

Read this fic. Do yourself a favour and delve in to this brilliant, hilarious, charming, heartwarming, story. :wub:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/story-vinyl-scratch-tapes.html?commentPage=2

I was so sad that it's over...

...until I saw the sequel hook for season 2.