Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Combo breaker!

I for one thought it was pretty awesome, especially for being a fan-made Flash movie that was probably done by one guy. It emulates the style of the show decently enough, and it's pretty cute overall.

It wasn't bad, but why would we want to see cute girls doing cute things when we could see magical ponies doing magical things? O:

Is it wrong that the thing I love the most about that poster is watching Vinyl Scratch next to Octavia?

It's also missing Pinkie's family, but I guess that's because they would have to redraw her sisters to match the current timeline.

About the human vid, I have nothing against humans, but that art style is sort of creepy.

I saw this pic and said "Oh nice fanart. Looks really good. They squeezed all the background characters in well along with the bigger characters".

Then I found out that it's official.

Count the references to the fandom.

Derpy Hooves(With derped eyes), Lyra and Bonbon(Near eachother), Colgate and Berry Punch, Dr Whooves, The Great and Powerful Trixie, The Shadowbolts and, what really makes me happy, Vinyl Scratch and Octavia next to eachother. I love that so much. <3

The Hub's marketing teams better be making a shitload of money. They deserve it.

ponyposter.jpg

The Hub. Kicking ass since 2011.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 6

So. Many. Ponies.

I want that poster so bad. I love The Hub.

Edited by Nix

URGH! That SOOOOOOOO makes me wish that I was at Comic Con. I NEED this poster! I want to have Derpy on my walls! :D

After perusing this thread, I still and will probably never comprehend why this show is so appealing to so many people. I'm guessing this is one of those fads that nobody really understands why or how it became so prevalent everywhere. But wow is it annoying. It's like goddamn cancer.

But hey. I'm sure someone could make a crack about me loving Neon Genesis Evangelion. To each his own, eh?

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Bad Quality Post 19

No Hayseed. POSTER IS RUINED FOREVER.

But oh my god that poster is SO AMAZING. I NEED IT. Bee-jeezus, so much fanservice. They put every single last popular background character in that poster. Octavia? Check. Doctor Whooves? Check. They even have Lyra and Bonbon paired together. IT IS GLORIOUS. DO WANT SO HARD.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

After perusing this thread, I still and will probably never comprehend why this show is so appealing to so many people. I'm guessing this is one of those fads that nobody really understands why or how it became so prevalent everywhere. But wow is it annoying. It's like goddamn cancer.

But hey. I'm sure someone could make a crack about me loving Neon Genesis Evangelion. To each his own, eh?

So you say the series is "annoying" and a "Cancer" but the go To each his own? That's not a mixed message at all.

Not really, no. I'm sharing my opinion that the show sucks it pretty hard, but I'm only sharing my opinion. If I were forcing my opinion that the show is garbage on you, then you would certainly have a valid point. But I'm not.

Also why do so many people who don't like the show feel the need to post insulting negative comments in the threads about it?

Because my opinion on My Little Pony doesn't exactly have a place in many other threads on this forum that are more fitting than... Well, the My Little Pony thread! Go figure.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 6

Ah-hum. GENTLEMEN, I see that you're all enjoying the poster? Tell me, did anyone happen to take a glance at that hot air balloon in the background? No? Then we still have a problem. Look closely at who's in the basket!

131119483766.jpg

I can assure you it isn't Twilight and Spike in the Balloon. I had fun adding it in, and hope that it's still small enough on the poster to keep you all guessing.

-Nayuki

The poster's creator has gone out of their way to state that is not Twilight or Spike featured in the balloon on the left, but didn't say who they were. Eeeee, they're trying to stir up some controversy with this one!

Let the speculation commence! I'm inclined to think that Twilight doppelganger is Starbeam Twinkle.

Edited by HunterTSF

I hate anime with a passion, but you don't see me going into the anime thread just to say it sucks*. Why? Becaue I'm contributing absolutely nothing to the thread other than to rile everyone else up.

*I actually don't think anime "sucks". I just don't like it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Because my opinion on My Little Pony doesn't exactly have a place in many other threads on this forum that are more fitting than... Well, the My Little Pony thread! Go figure.

Repeatedly posting about ponies is a great way to stop their spread.

Really, I too have found that the best way to express that I don't like something is to enter discussions between people who do like it and express my distaste towards it in a loud and obnoxious way. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Nayuki(Who works on the show and worked on the poster and tried to make sure that as many background characters on in) confirmed that that the LyraXBonbon in the poster was intentional. Though she stresses that whether they are friends or lovers is up to fan interpretation(Nayuki sees them as friends but has no problem with people who see them as lovers)

"I think fans are allowed to ship, but that doesn't really make it canon. Lyra and Bonbon are best friends in my opinion, but I have no problems with fans thinking they're lovers. It's a matter of perspective, and the relationships of background characters with no real official story development are open to interpretation."

The Colgate and Berry Punch shipping was not intentional That being said, Nayuki was quite pleased to see the unintentional shipping.

"Wow. Only Lyra x Bonbon was intentional there. Pretty cool though."

It's also been confirmed that Twilight and Spike aren't in the basket. It's two ponies. One with aviator goggles just for fun. Somepony speculated that it's Maxxie. But we don't know for now.

Here's the link to page of the forum where Nayuki starts talking about the poster.

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76678&st=4640

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Repeatedly posting about ponies is a great way to stop their spread.

...What are you talking about? I haven't said anywhere in this thread that I'm "trying to stop their spread". I'm just expressing that I don't like the damn show. It would be gloriously futile to attempt to debase a show as popular as MLP, whether or not I like it -- I don't understand why you'd suggest that's what I'm trying to do.

Really, I too have found that the best way to express that I don't like something is to enter discussions between people who do like it and express my distaste towards it in a loud and obnoxious way. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Gee, sure is ad hominem in here. allears-88-3b.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

To darkhaven3, it's totally cool that you don't like the show. We all have our opinions and preferences, and that's what makes us all unique and special. So you should feel totally free to express your disinterest or even outright dislike of the series without worrying about being rejected or shunned for having a contrary opinion. =)

At the same time, though, there's a right and wrong way to express that dislike. I think you accidentally come across as more confrontational than you're probably trying to be- It's really all a matter of tone.

In any event, I'm happy to discuss the show with you with you in a friendly, constructive manner.

Love and tolerance! ;D

~Dr. Mechano

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 2

darkhaven, bro, you're making it REEEEEEALLY hard for me to love and tolerate you.

OK, getting back to that poster, YAY, Octavia is in there! As well as Madame le Flour. And.. every single character whos been popular in the fandom.

Edited by Dialga190

This video will either make you feel incredibly proud or incredibly pathetic depending on your opinion:

Still waiting for good Luna/Nightmare Moon figure Hasbro.

You just brought a knife to a gun fight, kid. <_<

Anyway can you buy Ponies in the UK yet? :unsure:

Because of all the praising I hear everywhere I go on the internet about MLP, I gave this show a shot. I have to say that I wasn't amused in the slightest in the end.

Guess I'd better not stick around here after reading the last few pages.

Because of all the praising I hear everywhere I go on the internet about MLP, I gave this show a shot. I have to say that I wasn't amused in the slightest in the end.

Guess I'd better not stick around here after reading the last few pages.

You have nothing to worry about. That is a perfectly fine viewpoint to express. You tried it and you didn't like it. Fair enough.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1