Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

For some reason the CMC episodes always look bad on paper to me, but usually end up being among my favorites in the series. Not sure why, just the way it happens.

I'm expecting this to be obnoxious CMC fare.

Also the whole not telling Applejack about it thing is gonna drive the whole episode and make it one of those waste of time "this all could have been avoided" things.

Sorry but I never liked the CMC episodes that much. I don't mind the characters themselves, I just find the plots become less interesting and the characterisation is less focal than it is with the main 6 (no I'm not putting mane as that's lame).

^I'm pretty much on the same boat. The characters themselves are fine, but I don't like CMC episodes that much because the stories for them aren't that interesting, less character focus, and usually your 'crusading' hi-jinx with them acting annoying in the process. As for Babs, her voice is annoying, but even she is under pressure, she is pretty much acting much like the dragons from Dragon Quest, becoming a stereotypical uninteresting bully char in a predictable bully plotline. The only thing anticipating about this ep is to see Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon get their just desserts and their flanks kicked and a good scolding to.

Edited by AdventChild

I really like the CMC, and I'm glad to see more of them. I get a feeling that I'm going to like this episode a lot for the same reasons I liked Hurricane Fluttershy; it's going to relate to me on a personal level and I'll become much more invested in the episode and its characters because of it. I honestly feel for the CMC based on that clip alone having my fair share of bullies when I was young, a friend turning into one, and the whole "snitching is for babies" shit.

I just hope they get a happier ending.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 4

Ehhh, I've seen the bully story enough times to know exactly how it plays out, but for the sake of everyone else I'll keep quiet, but I really don't expect much.

Seemed like Babs (who sounds like Rocky the rock pile) only became a bully just then to avoid being another target of Diamond Tiara and fit in with her group... As is typical bully behavior.

Seemed like Babs (who sounds like Rocky the rock pile) only became a bully just then to avoid being another target of Diamond Tiara and fit in with her group... As is typical bully behavior.

Ah peer pressure, how loathsome you can be at times.

I really like the CMC and I usually enjoy their episodes, but I'm not too sure about this one. It'll probably teach a good lesson and what not, but I've seen the bully shtick so many times before, I hope they try something new. Babs' voice though... I'm not liking it too much, sounds really forced. Her design on the other hand, I don't mind and its actually pretty nice.

Not to seem rude or anything, but if the theme of bullying was overplayed then there would be, you know, less bullying? But that isn't the case, quite the opposite in fact. Besides, it would be good to see a show where bullying was tackled well, although unfortunately I've yet to see one where the aesop is 'It's rare, but some of the bullies really are sadists'. Probably because that message would be a bit cynical for this show I guess.

Not to seem rude or anything, but if the theme of bullying was overplayed then there would be, you know, less bullying? But that isn't the case, quite the opposite in fact. Besides, it would be good to see a show where bullying was tackled well, although unfortunately I've yet to see one where the aesop is 'It's rare, but some of the bullies really are sadists'. Probably because that message would be a bit cynical for this show I guess.

Not necessarily. Just because Spongebob or Scooby Doo say bullying is bad doesn't mean the bully is just gonna stop like that. I mean its definitely possible, but not likely. I really wish it was that easy as I'm pretty sure everyone knows what it feels like to be bullied, and if a little TV show could do that, the world would be better off. Its not that I think having these bullying episodes is a bad thing because it does teach a valuable lesson, its just almost every one I've seen pretty much has the same scenario and seems like it takes place 20 years ago. I really wouldn't know how to change it, but I'm sure there's a way to communicate the message better and modernize it a little bit. I agree, it would be great to see this or any show tackle the subject well without sugar coating it too much, but I doubt we'll see that happen anytime soon. Who knows? I would love to be wrong.

• Thumbs Up 4

DAT ANIMATION. Also just a really catchy tune. Definitely the best song out of Season 3 so far.

Edited by Christmascontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 2

babsywtf.jpg

Not sure how to react to this.

And so the tradition continues...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lvwNAtldko&feature=fvwrel

09944_3-powerpuff-girls-beat-your-greens.JPG

Not gonna lie, that part where Terrance ate the pizza freaking scarred me when I first saw it. At least the brocolli people were evil and at least you can't hear the soda scream as it dies.

... *shudder*

Lauren Faust. Advocating the demise of sentient food since your childhood.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 4

Admittedly catchy, but feels a bit too Pop-ish/PPG-ish to me and the CMC sound different and not themselves. Not saying the Pop tune is bad though.

Though I don't think it'll save the episode from the bully story itself. I could still guess that in the end they're going to snitch once Babs takes it too far and gets out of control (like when Gilda insulted Fluttershy or the Dragons attempting to smash Phoenix eggs) or something that results in more than having somepony's feelings gets hurt. Obviously ignoring the situation isn't going to solve anything.

Babs is going to get a good scolding and show the error of her ways and becomes good (again). The ironic thing I could predict is Babs getting her Cutie Mark out of this while the CMC doesn't, which is no surprise.

Edited by AdventChild

I'm hoping that this episode deals with peer pressure from Babs' perspective, since a lot of times bullies aren't just mean for the sake of being mean; insecurities definitely play a part.

I don't know if any of you remember but I once posted a total conversion mod for Dwarf fortress that added ponies and cutie marks and the like. Which, considering how massive Dwarf Fortress is, is extremely impressive.

MLF.png

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117374.0

Download link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7015

Well, guess what? Not only is there one FiM conversion mod for one of the biggest and most detailed games of all time, but two! yes, two. Well, kind of. It's actually a total conversion mod of Fallout Equestria. Yeah, a total conversion mod for a fanfic. Tell me when you ever heard of that before. Yeah, never. And on such a large scale too!

eCidA.png

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96059.0

Download link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7117

If any of you guys haven;t played Dwarf Foretress, it's basically a fantasy world simulator with a learning curve that is absolutely ridiculous. But I recommend the game very highly.

A little later than usual, but it's time for...

159525__safe_twilight-sparkle_rainbow-dash_artist-theinexplicablebrony.png

D:

CMC episode! Which is usually something good in my book but I'm not that excited for this one at all (actually, depending of the circumstances I won't even bother to watch it live and post a review ASAP).

Bullying episodes bring a can of worms that should be opened more often, but I'm not sure if a cartoon is the right place for it. whatever happens here, there will be people who were bullied who will disagree with the resolution, former bullies who will do the same, analysts who will scold at the sheer simplicity the issue was treated with... Etc etc etc...

Now, I got spoiled a fair share of things in this episode so far (not willingly, thanks a lot guys... Oh well, it was minor anyway...) and I guess that, at the very least, will get to enjoy the song (which I haven't listened yet, but the reaction seems to be good). But yeah, I have this strange feeling that I won't like how this episode goes...

I mean, Griffon the Brush Off was kind of similarish and it's the episode I can't re-watch no matter what...

And like previous week (and I'd love to turn this into a thing, but I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it going), here's an after thought of the previous episode:

160666__safe_fluttershy_screencap_too-many-pinkie-pies_raindrops_twinkleshine_tea.jpg

Have you ever noticed that the... 3 times we've seen Fluttershy annoyed (not angry, just annoyed, jimmies rustled, jittered critters and the like) it's been about Pinkie Pie?

What does that say about Flutter's and Pink's relationship?

See ya in a few hours... I guess? o/

I'm hoping that this episode deals with peer pressure from Babs' perspective, since a lot of times bullies aren't just mean for the sake of being mean; insecurities definitely play a part.

True, but while that's not often shown on TV it is the assumed norm in real life, and that makes it difficult when you get one where they really are that mean.

WELL...

CRISIS AVERTED!

This episode tackled the issue in the way I had hoped, painting Babs not as a one-note bully but of a kid just trying to avoid getting picked on by bullying herself. I really enjoyed this episode for not making the issue a simple black and white bully = bad ordeal, and it was great to see Babs stick up for the Crusaders in the end. smile.png

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ckXmpzJpoc

Episode in low quality.

Edited by Mega
  • Thumbs Up 1

Enjoyed the episode as a whole and it definitely had one of the better morals for kids to learn in the series.

* Woooo! More Applejack. BEST SEASON EVER.

* As mentioned before, love the new song.

* A-TEAM THEME/MONTAGE. Never liked that show but still awesome nonetheless.

* That moment Scootaloo thought she got her cutie mark.

* "Seriously?" ~ Applebloom. The new "OH COME ON!"

* Applejack is always the answer. You know it.

* The CMC are officially a cult.

Definitely give this one a B+. A fun episode, but nothing amazing happened in it, other than the insanely catchy song. Babs Seed is an OK character, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if she doesn't end up appearing again.

About the newest episode, I loved it. While this episode wasn't very funny, it didn't have to be. Babs Seed is made out to be hated, and while I could tell that she was probably bullied before, I still loved her design and character. Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Bell go through the stages of bulling. The first starts with intimidation, scared to snitch because the bully/bullies might hurt you for doing an act like that. The second is trying to avoid the bully/bullies from making eye contact, or running into them because they probably scare you. The third stage is revenge. After you've had enough of them, you just want to give them a taste of their own medicine, and try to plot a plan to get revenge. Those are the three regular stages. If a plan comes through, then stage 4, actual revenge comes in. Somehow, you don't feel good about it, or just before the plan happens, someone (Applejack, in this case,) tells you that the bully/bullies had some hard times before, and joined because they didn't want to get picked on. Whether the plan works or not, stage 5 comes, and that's redemption. You make up with the bully/bullies, and might even become friends with them.

The moral of this episode is not only important, it was conveyed very well. When a bully bullies you, don't try to get them back, because you'll become the bully, and the cycle might continue from there.

This episode is my favorite CMC episode so far, since it's an important lesson that we all have to learn, and Sweetie Bell really shines in this episode, trying to suggest the best solution, telling Applejack, and adult, about this problem to prevent it from continuing.

The song was just amazing. Like most of the songs in this show, it's catchy, and just plain amazing.

If I had to give this episode a rating out of ten, I would give it 9 stars. While there's not much funny humor, I love this episode, and Season 3 is starting off with an amazing start.

Edited by Gen-Kun
  • Thumbs Up 6

Couldn't fully enjoy the episode due to some hackers on the stream which was ironic due to the subject matter (inb4 Sweetie Belle joke).

Though I saw enough to actually know where it was going tbh. Well, not entirely, but still Babs becoming a generic bully under pressure with past strife, Babs turning good in the end, and DT and SS getting their comeuppance. I still don't like Babs and not only design and voice wise though b/c of her actions to the CMC and believe that punishment fits the crime and should gotten a good scolding for it. Also, she quickly turned to the bully side after showing her self con. I couldn't help but be annoyed with the CMC for trying to make Babs comfortable by being "in her face" most of the time.

Another thing I'm disappointed is that it didn't focus on the bully but on the ones being bullied. It would make more sense to see the bully's psyche and it would have been a good way to develop her char. It would have helped to see how Babs truly feel about doing all this bullying and maybe feel guilty about it. Also, I was hoping DT and SS to get more development in this as well, but it looks like they're stuck in the status quo of being one note bully villains. Not to mention they didn't told anyone about the problem, which I'm irked about it since I absolutely don't like the whole "No Snitching" BS. At least, they could have told on DT and SS b/c of their cruelty numerous times in the past.

There are some moments that I liked mostly Pinkie Pie parts (as usual), though feels more out there than usual. Are we sure Twilight didn't get the wrong one from last episode? Now knowing movies exists, I want to see an episode of the Mane6 making and filming their own movie or help out with a production of one. Pinkie will probably steal the show. Speaking of tech developments, it feels a bit strange to knowing ponies still pull carts, but have floats with engines like cars. Where is this tech boom coming from anyways?

As a whole, this episode is meh for me and is pretty forgettable, save for the catchy song.