Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

It was an ok episode; Not terrible, but not one of the best either. I know Babs Seed was meant to be female, but her voice sounded very male-like. The plot was a bit on the cliche side as well. The whole "person got bullied, so he/she decides to be a bully him/herself to avoid pressure" has been done before.

To the CMC's credit, they sure know how to build! I also like the catchy song that was in this episode as well.The scenes with Pinkie Pie were amusing as well.

Couldn't fully enjoy the episode due to some hackers on the stream which was ironic due to the subject matter (inb4 Sweetie Belle joke).

Though I saw enough to actually know where it was going tbh. Well, not entirely, but still Babs becoming a generic bully under pressure with past strife, Babs turning good in the end, and DT and SS getting their comeuppance. I still don't like Babs and not only design and voice wise though b/c of her actions to the CMC and believe that punishment fits the crime and should gotten a good scolding for it. Also, she quickly turned to the bully side after showing her self con. I couldn't help but be annoyed with the CMC for trying to make Babs comfortable by being "in her face" most of the time.

Another thing I'm disappointed is that it didn't focus on the bully but on the ones being bullied. It would make more sense to see the bully's psyche and it would have been a good way to develop her char. It would have helped to see how Babs truly feel about doing all this bullying and maybe feel guilty about it. Also, I was hoping DT and SS to get more development in this as well, but it looks like they're stuck in the status quo of being one note bully villains. Not to mention they didn't told anyone about the problem, which I'm irked about it since I absolutely don't like the whole "No Snitching" BS. At least, they could have told on DT and SS b/c of their cruelty numerous times in the past.

There are some moments that I liked mostly Pinkie Pie parts (as usual), though feels more out there than usual. Are we sure Twilight didn't get the wrong one from last episode? Now knowing movies exists, I want to see an episode of the Mane6 making and filming their own movie or help out with a production of one. Pinkie will probably steal the show. Speaking of tech developments, it feels a bit strange to knowing ponies still pull carts, but have floats with engines like cars. Where is this tech boom coming from anyways?

As a whole, this episode is meh for me and is pretty forgettable, save for the catchy song.

Sheesh, are there any new episodes you actually fully enjoy, dude? XD

it seems your impressions range from 'alright' to 'meh.' Ah well no harm really, not every episode's going to be a winner, and not everybody is going to enjoy the newer episodes.

Anyways I just heard about the stream hacking. I said it a few pages back and I'll say it again... Anti-bronies are starting to get more vicious and desperate! Not even Twilight haters have been this nasty... At least not from what I've seen.

They'll never stop people from loving the show though, to think they can stop any fanbase of any kind is kind of pathetic. (Common Rabid Anti-brony response: PATHETIC?! HURR UT LEEST I DOWNT WATCH LETTLE GURLS CARTOONS.)

I guess ponies can just bring out the dedication (Good or bad) in everyone I guess. tongue.png

But anyways, the episode. It was pretty good, a bit better than I was expecting. The CMC were actually very cute in this episode, especially during the song (Oh and my headcanon of movie theaters existing in Equestria is now canon! XD) My main problem was that most of the problems in this episode could have been solved by just telling Applejack.

Then again, I wasn't bullied all that much during my younger years, (For some reason, most bullies would end up growing to like me, even though I really don't recall ever doing anything to change their attitude towards me.) and when I was I tended to be a snitch. Plus I know some kids could be afraid that the bullying could get worse if they told an adult. Just me I guess.

Overall it was a good episode. And now I'm looking forward to next week's episode, with Trixie's return!

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

Hi gang! I'm really proud of today's episode of MLP: FiM, One Bad Apple, which deals with the ever present issue of bullying. The Song, "Babs Seed" for the CMC's was a fun one to write and I hope you enjoy it! Special thanks go out to David Corman for his production work. One day maybe we'll be able to release the original "hard rock" version we did :P

~Daniel Ingram Facebook

MUST. HEAR. THIS. NOW.

• Thumbs Up 7

As I thought, Babs only did it to look cool because she was bullied back home. If can't beat them join them? How about rape them instead? xD I actually really liked this episode, it was a strong one even among CMC episodes (although I've liked every CMC episode so far) If CMC episodes are Yamchas then this was a Goku. Also, that song is way too catchy. My friend who is a massive Sweetie Belle fan is going to rage at Babs this monday I just know it. The funniest part had to be that part with Pinkie's float xD I now want a Golden Sweetie Belle statue and edible boots

also, the lack of Derpy so far is worrying me...

• Thumbs Up 2

That was the plot I was expecting and also better than I expected. That song is catchy as hell, Pinkie Pie was hilarious, Sweetie Belle had the "Why is life so ironic" quote which was unexpectedly deep and Scootaloo is awesome at construction.

Season 3 really hasn't had at least one episode so far where I've gone "holy shit this is great" like with Lesson Zero or Sweet and Elite. This kind of worries me. It's up to the standard of before, but it hasn't seemed to really top itself yet.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Just wanted to share my latest customs plus a Discord sculpture!: (Just realized Discord matches my current profile pic here xD)

custom_group_photo_by_lazyperson202-d5lxinb.png

Separate images for each one on DA:

Discord: http://lazyperson202...t.com/#/d5lxf6m

Princess Celestia: http://lazyperson202...t.com/#/d5lxg72

Lyra: http://lazyperson202...t.com/#/d5lxgpk

These are also up on Ebay and starting at 99p each (worldwide delivery): http://www.ebay.co.u...=&_trksid=p3686

I'm still waiting to make a Trixie custom once her figure arrives in the post (hopefully in time for the next episode of her)

Also, i've been wondering lately. Has there been any news regarding Discord in season 3? I haven't really heard much else about it other than when John de Lancie let slip that he'd done more voice work, then later confirmed it on Twitter.

Edited by Guest

Well, I loved this episode. Then again, I love most of the episodes. it really doesn't take much for me to like it.

The humor was great. I love the whole bit where they explained the clubhouse highlights, the exp

ressions were freaking killing me, Pinkie Pie was was great("VEGGIE SALAD!" ".... Really?"), Sweetie Belle still has the best lines out of nowhere("WHY IS LIFE SO IRONIC!?"), Babs Seed grew on me and overall, it was just a really good and fun episode. Also that freakin' reoccurring mule was hilarious. He's back with 20% more coolness. Those freakin' shades, man! XD

To be honest, I have no problem with the fact that it was done before or that it could have been all avoided by telling AJ. I mean, this show has always done plots that had been used before for from day one. That's not why we watch this show. We watch it for the clever writing, fun and likeable characters, catchy tunes, snappy and clever humor and the great animation and voice acting.

As for not telling AJ, well, for one, if they did we would have no plot, and forty seven, they're little kids. Little kids would definitely not want to be a snitch or tattle tale. I know from experience.

I am absolutely having a blast with this season so far. First a great two parter that gave Spike some limelight and foreshadowed a overarching story, then the first breather episode that was just pure concentrated fun and humor and now this episode that took a serious issue and handled it well while providing a catchy tune and tons of comedy. Right off the bat, this season is getting everything I love about the series down. Strong characters? Check. Good story? Check. Great songs? Check. Entertainment? Check. Lots of good comedy? Check. Well handled issues and good lessons for people of all ages? Check. I am really feeling good about this season,=.

Also, they're really making up for that lack of AJ in season two. It's like they realized how little she was in season two so they just decided to put her a lot in season three.

As for Discord, no news that I know of but I really am excited to see him again. As well as Trixie.

In other news, in the comments for MandoPony's Bab Seed cover, Mando has hinted that he may have or will, work on the show.

Mando please get onto the actual show someday. You really deserve it man.

Keep your ears peeled during the season finale! ;)

Hint: ...mandolin!

Whoa...really?!

Dude, that is beyond awesome. I can't imagine how unfathomably happy you must be at that.

This cover is awesome!

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 5

One Bad Apple are best episode of S3 until now.

Episode 6

Title: Sleepless in Ponyville

Air Date: December 8, 2012

The spoiler !

Synopsis: Synopsis: Scootaloo begins to have nightmares after hearing the frightful campfire stories.

(New!) Synopsis #2 “Sleepless in Ponyville”: Over a campfire, Rainbow Dash decides to share some imaginative and spooky tales, causing Scootaloo to have frightening, vivid nightmares; Scootaloo wants to get rid of her nightmares but doesn't want the others to think she is spineless.

Edited by Applejack1973

As much as I love (FINALLY) getting a Scootaloo episode, I was kind of hoping it would be later in the season, with today's CMC episode and all. Just too soon for another, shorter season or not. Kind of like how we got those back to back Rainbow Dash episodes last season.

So far, Babs Seed is my favorite song in all of Season 3. And I'm liking the fan made versions I'm seeing. Man, this episode wasn't even out for long, and we're already seeing variations of the song. These guys are fast.

This was a really strong one, the only thing that nagged at me was that line at the end. "I'm going to tell your mom if you keep being a bully". I know it's a kids show, but even so that seemed a bit too PSA-ish. Small nitpick though.

And this episode hit a bit close to home. I'm afraid I've been in Babs's horseshoes before mellow.png

Oh and dat song!

Edited by Speederino

Ok for the gameloft game, does anyone know a good building that gives off magic shards? I know different buildings/shops tend to give off differnt shards like the windmill loves to give laughter shards and the bowling alley loves to give loyalty shards. I need magic shards for my parasprite problem though...

Sheesh, are there any new episodes you actually fully enjoy, dude? XD

it seems your impressions range from 'alright' to 'meh.' Ah well no harm really, not every episode's going to be a winner, and not everybody is going to enjoy the newer episodes.

Well, nothing so far in season 3 has ever WOW'ed as much as Lesson Zero, which is my favorite out of all eps so far and it was when the show reached a peak IMO. Besides, Too Many Pinkies is the only episode I like so far this season and this season opening two-parter weren't as strong as last seasons and had a weak villain that wasn't as interesting as Discord or Chrysalis. Also, we still have about 9 episodes left before the season is over (to my dismay) so there is still a chance for episodes to reach my top 5 or 10 or whatever lists if they manage to pack a huge punch.

As I said before, CMC episodes I don't like as much as others because I don't find them as interesting as the Manes and other minor chars and they tend to be annoying at times when they 'crusade'. So I don't have my hopes up for them. Also, they work better as separate than in a group like in Cutie Pox and Sisterhood. I'm actually anticipating Sleepless in Ponyville. As for Babs, I don't like her that much really since she just played 'the generic bully with bullied past' card and doesn't seem that much interesting as a character. Heck, if she doesn't show up again, I wouldn't care that much.

• Thumbs Up 2

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with Babs' portrayal, even if it is cliche. The fact is, it rings true for a LOT of kids, and the same goes for snitching. I say that as someone who was both bullied a lot even through stinking high school and often DID tell on said bullies; it often led to shaming from peers. Or worse, did nothing to help because the kids' parents were in the PTA or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy... I actually did it... Thanks spontaneous hours of free time.

G9TWN.png

Overanalysing is BAD

eYPHy.png

Tan Tan Tarararaaaara

Episode 56: One Bad Apple

The episode starts with Apple Bloom doing her very best to try to impress her cousin who just came back from Manehattan... Maybe too much, but AB is kind of known for always trying to do her best (try being the key word, and exceedingly at it).

At all this ruckus Applejack appears and tries to calm her sister down, more than convinced that no matter what she does she'll be able to get along with her just fine, after all they have things in common...

Like what? Being Earth Ponies? Being from the Apple family? Are they both the kind of pony who can get really annoying at times? Did they both had a friend who got dtiched after a (positive) life changing event? Are both of them constantly bullied by somepony else?

Oh no... No... No... It turns out they are both blank flanks! Which kind of makes this visit an even bigger deal for the Apple filly, now she must bring Scoots and Sweetie to now her, maybe she will join the CMC!!! She hurries to tell her friends the good great awesome outstanding amazing news while leaving Applejack and a mess of a room behind.

ONE OPENING SEQUENCE LATTER

161652__safe_applejack_animated_scootaloo_apple-bloom_sweetie-belle_spoiler-s03e04_one-bad-apple_jumping_annoyed.gif

I know that feel...

No in the train station we see three fillies plus a not very amused mare waiting for the visit, we also get a nice little display of character growth, Scoot's hovering has gotten better, Sweetie can make sparks now and Apple Blo...

The train arrives and we get to know the new kid on the block, Babs Seed! (Frankly, I like her design, and her voice was nice at this point, it get's bad when she tries to sound cocky and the like) Who quickly gets attacked by three fillies who want to befriend her... Think of an even wilder version of Twi's introduction to Ponyville's population.

IqRw2.png

Murder

They quickly take Babs to the club house where they proceed to show her the place and tell her how she will no doubt fit in the group since they are blank flanks too, and seem to be surprisingly happy about it (but that's because Sweetie and Scootaloo's flanks sparkle! biach!), but who wouldn't? I mean... Did you look at all the amazing benefits and commodities that will come to you if you get a CMC membership? like a table for lunch, and a corner for pondering about the fragility of life.

It sounded better on paper...

(As a side note, I really love how they brought back that BGM that I only remember hearing way back at the pilot episode when Pinkie introduced herself, I liked that piece even when I was neutral about the show and kind of hoped that would be Pinkie's recurring theme... Oh well... Good to see it back!)

So... The crusaders clubhouse might not be rad enough for a city girl, but this isn't going to stop the fillies from trying to impress her, in fact, there is a big project they've been working on that will surely do the trick!

yCx8b.png

Apple Bloom... Y U NO HAVE CUTIE MARK YET!?

It's a giant pumpkin... Carriage... Thingy that they plan to use in the incoming Summer Harvest Parade (which, contrary to the position on the pony calendar, makes me think of another parade), Babs actually seems impressed this time but everything changed when Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon attacked...

It kind of did, I could almost hear all the hopes of the bronies who wanted a redeemed Silver Spoon being crushed.

But back to Equestria, the bitch duo makes it's entrance and start mocking the CMC in their usual way, it's then they notice the newcomer and before they unleash a new wave of insults Babs stands up and starts wrecking the float and mocking and threatening the ponies who made it. AB think she should tell Applejack about this but she quickly changes her idea when Babs tells her something...

Something that, If I must be frank got lost in my head, I don't really know what snitch means nor what's so bad about it but I'm going to go ahead and assume it's something related to telling your tutors about the bullying. While not bad in the moment it doesn't really mean a bully can't hold a grudge long enough to follow you til your weakest moment and take chances on it, it also doesn't mean that the tutor in question will care about it instead of just shrugging it telling you to mare up and face your own problems (or something of the like), this episode skips this issues without much thought (more of the former than the later, since I'd like to think most ponies here care about it), what might earn some criticism from some people.

But back in topic, after this display the bitch duo is more than impressed with the new filly in town, so they decided to let her hang out with them and together form a terrible trio dedicated to make the CMC's life miserable, now, they could have told Applejack like Sweetie suggested but since they aren't babies they chose to do the more adult thing... And hide themselves and wait for the troublesome cousin to just go away. :V

*Cue catchiest song of the season*

UPxCu.png

Equestrian technology advances each time the crusaders sing! :V

I liked this one, and at least we hear Scootaloo singing! (while also having surprisingly little from Sweetie Belle, having said that, it kind of makes sense considering the other 2 are the ones who were behind this idea)... Also, I know it's supposed to be a reference to an old style... But that doesn't mean I have to like it. >:U (and I don't)

After an horrible day worth of bullying, giant ponies, living things being sucked of their life essence and crappy montages the crusaders retire to the club house, but it turns out it has been taken by the bully trio. This is what breaks the dam (in varying metaphorical levels) and make the crusaders decide to take action!

*here would be a shot of Sweetie's home and a commentary about Rarity growing between pigs but... Image limit >_>*

The CMC decide that the best course of action is to lay a trap, they will remake the float and make Babs take it from them, but not before installing a timed mechanism that will make the thing spin out of control, leading it to a horrible death crash injury mud pit, because obviously this was calculated to the point they considered the speed Babs would drive the thing and the exact moment it would reach the pit... :V

eNrTX.png

Seriosuly Apple Bloom... Y U NO HAVE CUTIE MARK!?

The day comes and things go surprisingly according to plan (maybe too much for my tastes, poor Babs, so predictable) and just when the crusaders are rubbing their hooves contemplating the culmination of their Keikakku AJ drops in blissful ignorance of the situation and drops a comment about how Babs used to be bullied back in Manehattan for being a blank flank (it seems like it was a family thing after all! ;V ) and came here as a little run away from all that...

*That moment when you realize you are acting like the bitch duo you despise so much and still don't have a cutie mark for it*

I don't think they have realized the psychological implications of breaking an already broken pony could bring, but still they've realized it was something they didn't want to see, so the Crusaders started chasing the float...

FF26V.png

This made me laugh more than what it should... Also, looks exploitable.

They try to convince Babs to stop but they fail, the timer runs off and the trap activates, the golden pimp ride starts going out of control. But then, when things looked grim for the bully of the week, the crusaders make a last jump and manage to push her out of her predicament... getting caught in it while doing so. >_<

A bit of a conversation and apologies later Babs and the Crusaders make amends, to the point of finally accepting the Manehattan filly as a member of the group, as a sister, as a friend, confidente... You get the drill...

The episode ends with Babs standing up against the Bitch duo in a non aggressive way (kind of made me think of Fluttershy for some reason... ... ... Man now I wish Fluttershy and Rainbow had a role in this).

TAkUP.png

The animation bump in season 3 came with the cost of a cast readjustments, but hopefully you won't be able to tell the difference...

Now before we go to the character's review, let me tell you something I absolutelly loved about this episode, and it's the idea of the CMC growing beyond the original 3 members... I mean... I always had this idea of the CMC (not the 3 fillies, the group) growing as an institution, I see a group of fillies in the future keeping the club going as some sort of pedagogical group, a fun place where blank flanks can play and enjoy their lives while discovering their talents, and I saw them establishing this club houses all around Equestria, it's highly unlikely this will happen but I couldn't avoid to see Babs as the first part of this expansion, maybe she will make her own group of friends back there...

FGChi.png

There wasn't much action from part of the mane 6 except for Applejack and Pinkie, I think AJ was going around the line between responsible and civil adult and a useless one... Mostly on the former (the later only applies by her lack of understanding about the way the CMC were acting about the float, which can be argued). And Pinkie was... Pinkie... Seriously I don't really notice anything that would hint the previous episode at all, except starting with a lettuce pun (which... Doesn't sounds far from the Pinkie I know), maybe laughing while the CMC were running with a sense of urgency might count but she wasn't really aware of the situation so...

Still, that episode is going to be in our heads anytime soon right? I'm almost tempted to go back and check the Pony POV series just to see if Alex went with the clone idea.

Last minute addition; Looking back at the intro, For a moment it looked like they were going to re use that dialogue from The Crystal Empire when Twilight asks AJ why she didn't told her about the library and the farm pony answers "I thought I just did", just with AB instead of the nerdy Unicorn.

Now let's get to the main characters of this play, Apple Bloom didn't show much by herself except a little reminder of her talents... Which kind of annoyed me a little... Not a lot but... Man when is she going to get this is her special talent? XD

If anything, I liked the way she commanded the rest of the group.

Oh yeah! I remembered something! It was nice to see the way she acted at the beginning about her cousin being from Manehattan (I think she even used a bit of a haughty tone when introducing her to the bitch duo), I'm not sure how AJ feels about the big apple after her fillyhood trip but I guess it's safe to bet it isn't such a high opinion (not saying it isn't good, but not as high as Apple Bloom)... And let me tell you I love this differences, makes the CMC feel like their own individuals rather than miniature versions of the mane six... And since we are in this topic...

Scootaloo surprised me in this episode, mostly because it wasn't until the very last moment when she thought about striking back at the bullies, I thought she would go all Scrappy Doo on us and try to confront them but she didn't, she even agreed to the song when it was mentioned the Crusaders don't go looking for fights.

Now, you might be wondering why this surprised me? Well, I must confess I always saw Scoot as a mini RD, and seeing her acting in a way her Idol wouldn't (if her flashback in Cutie Mark Chronicles is anything to go by) struck me as such. This added with her little expanse in vocabulary and musical arts made me genuinely like her.

Fun thought, if what I saw in EqD is true that means...

Her apparent lack of bravado might become a story point later on.

And yes, as I mentioned with AB, difference between the CMC and the mane 6 they are supposed to resemble are always welcome in my book, and who knows! Maybe the future will tells us a lot more about Scoot than what I gave her credit for... Yeah, she will get her time to shine...

Speaking of Shining...

NWQK6.png

Sweetie, stop acting like your sister... There is only place for one Best Pony...

I'd say the internet will go nuts with this one, but that would be implying it didn't already happen.

Sweetie Belle was amazing! But I admit this is more from cute and funny faces though, but if anything, this episode kind of re confirms that while she might not be the smartest Crusader she is certainly the least hot headed one. And this thought process makes her the voice of reason in more than one occasion.

That doesn't mean she can't be evil when she wants to...

Yf4NL.png

As close as we might get to Death Note (at least in the

Mundane Made Awesome department)

Also, she seems to be a totally rad 90's kid or something. :U

And, what can we say about our most likely one shot character?

Now, this is the story all about how

Her life got flip-turned upside down,

And I'd like to take a minute just sit right if you will,

I'll tell you how she became the princess of a town called Ponyville.

In East Manehattan born and raised,

On the playground was where she spent most of her days,

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' and all cool

And all shootin some B-ball outside of the school,

When a couple of colts, they were up to no good,

Startin making trouble in the neighborhood,

She got in one little fight and her sis got the chills,

She said 'Ya movin' wit ya cousins and granny in Ponyville.'

She begged and pleaded with her-day after day,

But sis packed the suitcase and sent her on her way,

She gave her a kiss and then she gave her the ticket,

She blew her mane up and said, 'I might as well kick it!"

Oh-kay...

So yeah, Babs was a weird character, there were points that clicked together with the story but there were other sides of her that just didn't make much sense, for starters the quick way she turned against the Crusaders... I mean... I can get her reaction but it was pulled in a question of seconds, which made it feel forced, it also speaks volumes about her since she can recognize the scene and still decides to go with the bullies...

I guess I shouldn't be too harsh on her on accounts of being a kid, but most of her reactions make me think that she is either quite dumb or way too insecure...

Actually, it's probably a mix of both, it seems to hint at something like that... Like the way she felt for the crusaders obvious trap, either she was too dumb to tell the poor acting of the other fillies or she was so willing to please the bitch duo that she went with it anyway... Most of the episode paints her as somepony who does bad things just for the sake of it but this scene makes you wonder how many of these actions were instigated by Tiara and Spoon...

Most of the little ticks she has also talk about how insecure she is, the flank covering, the way she almost went through an Hurricane Fluttershy level of freak out when the float went out of control.

She also acts a lot more physical than the bitch duo, which not only explains why the crusaders were running from her (instead of just being annoyed at their presence like with the other 2) but also gives us a scary perspective on the way she was treated on the city...

As a side note, she also promises to tell her sister about all the teasing, which confuses me a little... Does this mean she didn't know before? And how does Applejack know... Oh well, I'm not going to make a big fuss out of bit because I'm pretty sure it's just me this time around.

ITkzi.png

01) Character development 1:

http://derpibooru.org/162340

Kidding, you've already seen me gushing about the float enough.

02) Character Development 2:

http://derpibooru.org/161879

>Says the filly who changes voice when she sings

03) Edible Boots: because you can be fabulous even during an economical crisis.

http://derpibooru.org/161581

GOOD NIGHT EVERYPONY!

So... Any last words?

This episode kind of blew as a "bullying episode", some actions felt forced and it didn't get to dig too deep into the whole topic, lots of wasted chances to show the bully side of the argument and even if they got their comeuppance in this episode the bitch duo is most likely coming back at some point so the issue they were trying to showcase doesn't have that much of a closure. (and let's be honest, does any of you think the CMC are going to apply the solution learned in this episode?)

And of course, some people might not like the fact that despite having an excuse for her actions, Babs pretty much got away without a scratch.

I'll give them credit though for showing 2 kinds of bullies instead of going for the one shot character and give call it a day, but this is something I feel it should be treated with more care, the kind of thing you can't expect to do in 22 minutes of course... But if they aren't able to pull it off makes you wonder if it was a good idea to even try it in the first place.

Still, beats the idea of a 22 minutes PSA (I had to look that term) any day of the week. :V

On the other hand, bringing a topic in a show you like and not covering all the basis of it calls for the opinions of those who lived through that, picks up people's interest about what are these other persons talking about and end up informing themselves about the issue (if they care enough to consider what others say in the first place) and might start some discussion about this in the relevant threads, sites and the like... So maybe the show did well in that regard...

Having said that, as a stand alone CMC episode it was quite entertaining, it might have lacked a bit in topics to look into (besides the main bullying thing) but it showed some really good progresses the group have been making in their lives.

Not to mention it was funny as heck (as you can see by the many pics I posted).

Also I have to confess, I just decided to give up when it comes to point the background jokes and the like... Because far gone are the days when it was a joyous and rare occasion for me to point the moments this show has been trying to get some continuity nods going. Nowadays the town feels so alive that I shouldn't even bother to point these things, the staff has become so adept at this... It's kind of mind blowing.

Now if you excuse me, it's 2:30 AM and I have to wake up in 5 hours so... See ya laters! o/

ps: I might need to do some edits later...

pps: Curse you image limit! But I don't feel like looking for a way of making this work so you'll have to click a link instead of looking at the pic.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 5

>Tells on bullies

>Gets shamed from peers

>Gets told to be a man and confront them yourself

>Get's bullied even more

>Actually confronts bullies

>Gets expelled/fined for fighting while the bullies get off scott free

>Gets told to tell a teacher/parent/authority figure next time

>Gets bullied even more

What the fuck do you want me to do, society? You twisted, ass-backwards, contradictory coward! You know there's a whole twisted political system to this. The teacher with no bully problems in their class is considered the one that can keep controll over their students, and the teacher with several bully problems in their class is considered unable to controll their students so they simply pretend it doesn't happen to avoid being seen as the latter. So much cowardice it makes me sick.

Whoa, ranted off topic again. Just hits so close to home...

• Thumbs Up 8

So, this episode... I was pleasantly surprised. It probably helped that my expectations were pretty low going into this once, but I really enjoyed it. The plot was what I expected, but they pulled it off well and it showed. Definitely wasn't as much humor as there was in the last episode, which was expected considering last week was a Pinkie episode, but there was still a decent amount. They probably could have delved a little more into the whole bullying aspect and what not, but considering the nature of the show, they did a decent enough job. Babs' voice wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be, so that's a plus. That song and that montage, man, that was amazing. The song is way too catchy, and I've pretty much been listening to it nonstop since I watched the episode. And this... THIS...

1WHoV.gif

SO GOD DAMN CUTE.

Overall, better than the premiere episodes, but not as good as Too Many Pinkie Pies. Now if you excuse me, time to go listen to that song a million more times before bed.

~Babs Seed, Babs Seed, what we gonna do?~

Edited by NGw00dolph
  • Thumbs Up 3

You know, what I find funny is that Sweetie Belle sang the LEAST out of the crusaders in that song. There was only one part where I actually heard her singing voice, and it was just one line. Guess they just wanted to show off Scoots' new, solid singing voice.

Oh man, when I looked at the spoiler in your post, Speederino, all I could think was "That should have been 'neigh'". What has this show done to me with it's use of puns.

Anyway, I have to say I very much agree with your post, gato, for the most part and as always it was an enjoyable read. And now that I think about it, I kind of agree that ponyville is a bit more lively than when the show started. I mean, the number of ponies to use in the background only grows and stuff like the "Where's Derpy" gags(Which seem to be gone at this point if the season continues like this) and all the nightmare night costumes and all that. The staff certainly have become more adept at giving the town and the background ponies more personality and liveliness than just stand or pulling off a basic reaction.

However...

FF26V.png

HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS!? I mean, it's the freaking doctor, in a bowtie(He is the freaking tropenamer for the "Bowties are Cool" trope!) and in a pear costume! How could I, as a whovian, have ever missed that! I mean, first I forgot it was the show's 49th anniversary two days ago and now I miss this!? How can I call myself a whovian!? This is a blatant Doctor Who reference. Although I know that the whole pear thing wasn't really in the show, as far as I know, it just came from David Tennant goofing off during a scene which would be fastforwarded in the episode.

EDIT: Oh gawd... oh my dear gawd....

tumblr_me0yjdxbwq1rtmqj2o1_250.png

LOOK AT THAT! I love whoever did that. Someone on the staff must love Doctor Who. The staff is amazing...

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, when I looked at the spoiler in your post, Speederino, all I could think was "That should have been 'neigh'". What has this show done to me with it's use of puns.

Anyway, I have to say I very much agree with your post, gato, for the most part and as always it was an enjoyable read. And now that I think about it, I kind of agree that ponyville is a bit more lively than when the show started. I mean, the number of ponies to use in the background only grows and stuff like the "Where's Derpy" gags(Which seem to be gone at this point if the season continues like this) and all the nightmare night costumes and all that. The staff certainly have become more adept at giving the town and the background ponies more personality and liveliness than just stand or pulling off a basic reaction.

However...

FF26V.png

HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS!? I mean, it's the freaking doctor, in a bowtie(He is the freaking tropenamer for the "Bowties are Cool" trope!) and in a pear costume! How could I, as a whovian, have ever missed that! I mean, first I forgot it was the show's 49th anniversary two days ago and now I miss this!? How can I call myself a whovian!? This is a blatant Doctor Who reference. Although I know that the whole pear thing wasn't really in the show, as far as I know, it just came from David Tennant goofing off during a scene which would be fastforwarded in the episode.

I noticed the bowtie, but oh my god I didn't even realize it was a pear XD Well, if Derpy goes away, at least we'll have the Doctor. Until they give him a British accent and some guy on Deviantart complains it's too stereotypical or some shit.

Still...I really hope Derpy comes back soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

Still...I really hope Derpy comes back soon.

Derpy has been spotted twice this season.

This from Episode 3 (at this very point of the episode. Check the bottom of the screen):

And Episode 2:

img-944108-1-tumblr_mdaufcMB7W1r5yhbco1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Do people just pause at every second of every episode and examine every single frame looking for Derpy? Sure seems that way.

Edited by Mai